Shoutbox

Ability to move webcam video to left side - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Ability to move webcam video to left side (/showthread.php?tid=50210)

Ability to move webcam video to left side by HSV Guy on 09-08-2005 at 11:05 AM

Probably isn't possible to do, but it would be REALLY awesome (for me at least :p) if you move the location of where webcam video is displayed in the chat window.

I'm one that will get every last little bit out of the screen so (before I had a webcam) I'd always have the chat window on the right side of the screen so the scroll bar was outside of the visible screen.

When you are using the webcam there isn't much point having the text area still visible, but obviously MS didn't think of that. So would it be possible for someone to create a plugin that will either

a) let you move the webcam video area to the left and have the text on the right or

b) let you disable the text area?

RE: Ability to move webcam video to left side by zaher1988 on 09-08-2005 at 11:22 AM

in msn 7.5 u can full screen the Webcam :) so option B is over :)

regards :)

RE: Ability to move webcam video to left side by RaceProUK on 09-08-2005 at 11:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by HSV Guy
a) let you move the webcam video area to the left and have the text on the right or

b) let you disable the text area?
You may have more luck with a patch, if someone wants to write one. Something like this is a major UI change, unlike just blocking an adbar, and would require some serious modifications of Messenger's internal UIFILEs (the bits that describe the look-and-feel).
RE: Ability to move webcam video to left side by riahc4 on 09-10-2005 at 12:35 PM

Go on the Mess.be forums and request this to be added in their patch :)

RE: Ability to move webcam video to left side by absorbation on 09-10-2005 at 12:40 PM

i'm loooking into it now :) i think i can move the display picture but not sure about the webcam :P

RE: Ability to move webcam video to left side by RaceProUK on 09-10-2005 at 09:29 PM

Where you moving the DP to, because that could be a good patch ;)

RE: Ability to move webcam video to left side by aNILEator on 09-11-2005 at 03:09 AM

just look at the arabic MSN UI files its all back to front there :P

RE: Ability to move webcam video to left side by Underlord on 09-11-2005 at 03:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
just look at the arabic MSN UI files its all back to front there :P

Any RTL Language, not just arabic :P
RE: Ability to move webcam video to left side by aNILEator on 09-11-2005 at 06:20 AM

well i just remember someone posting pics of an arabic msn once and trying to have a convo in it, was funny