Shoutbox

Badminton Tournament - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Badminton Tournament (/showthread.php?tid=50220)

Badminton Tournament by J C C on 09-08-2005 at 04:08 PM

I have my first proper badminton tournament this weekend. It's called the liverpool all open and It lasts all weekend in liverpool, england. Has anybody been to the liverpool all open or does anybody here play a lot of badminton, like me! I would really like to know... lol

RE: Badminton Tournament by user27089 on 09-08-2005 at 04:13 PM

Good luck dude, I really like playing badminton and I have my own racquet etc... I got really good at it at one point, I'm not too good anymore really...

RE: Badminton Tournament by Millenium_edition on 09-08-2005 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by J C C
I have my first proper badminton tournament this weekend. It's called the liverpool all open and It lasts all weekend in liverpool, england. Has anybody been to the liverpool all open or does anybody here play a lot of badminton, like me! I would really like to know... lol
heh, good luck. other thing, try to not take toddy seriously. his opinions seem to hurt most of the people, so don't be angry/sad/whatever because he doesn't consider it a "real" sport
RE: Badminton Tournament by J C C on 09-09-2005 at 11:51 AM

yeah thanx for the advice,i'll take it into account

RE: Badminton Tournament by stoshrocket on 09-09-2005 at 05:28 PM

good luck with the badminton JCC, maybe you will finally beat your cousin...

RE: Badminton Tournament by J C C on 09-10-2005 at 01:54 PM

Thanx for the support guys but the tournament didn't go too well. I got knocked out in the third round by some guy from cheshire who was predicted to at least get to the finals. However I did get quite a few points against him, 8, so he will have to work a lot harder to get into the final, HA8o|

RE: Badminton Tournament by Lou on 09-10-2005 at 02:07 PM

my cousins play badminton...I used to play a bit..its not as easy as it seems8-)

RE: Badminton Tournament by Rubber Stamp on 09-10-2005 at 04:20 PM

i havnt played at such a high level, but i play it wid my frends, in skool basically

RE: Badminton Tournament by Vazza on 09-10-2005 at 05:21 PM

I used to play it a lot. If I'd taken it seriously I could have been playing for GB. I represented the school for 6 years and have also represented the local area in a competition in Newcastle.

My brother plays on a Tuesday (where he receives coaching), Friday (every second week, coaching), Saturday (for fun) and a Sunday (for fun). He'll also be playing for the Boys Brigade so hopefully the team will be able to get to the finals of the National competitions). I've been asked to play in a local competition in October but have to turn it down because I'm working :(