Shoutbox

everyone has a web cam - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: everyone has a web cam (/showthread.php?tid=50249)

everyone has a web cam by NiteMare on 09-09-2005 at 04:02 AM

why is it now that every contact has the icon under there display picture, regardless of whether they have a web cam or not

RE: everyone has a web cam by expert on 09-09-2005 at 04:43 AM

yes i have that to then when you hide and unhide them it says they dont have one

RE: everyone has a web cam by NiteMare on 09-09-2005 at 05:06 AM

confirmed, it also dissapers for me too

RE: everyone has a web cam by RaceProUK on 09-09-2005 at 10:10 AM

What version of Messenger? Because it's probably a bug.

RE: everyone has a web cam by hexel on 09-09-2005 at 10:57 AM

Version 7.5 (Build 7.5.0299) - or at least that's what I'm using and got the same thing.

RE: everyone has a web cam by NiteMare on 09-09-2005 at 02:37 PM

i've got Version 7.5 (Build 7.5.0299)

RE: everyone has a web cam by JDawg_0789 on 09-09-2005 at 03:06 PM

Pfft. If you check the box in General that says "Share My Webcam Abilities with Others," it automatically shows that icon, even if you don't have a webcam. Uncheck the box, and the problem is gone.

RE: everyone has a web cam by NiteMare on 09-09-2005 at 03:19 PM

wel i WANT to be able to show others that i have a web cam so no, the problem isn't gone, just pushed aside

RE: everyone has a web cam by matty on 09-09-2005 at 08:48 PM

Whether or not you actually have a webcam this option can be clicked.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=532603]

RE: everyone has a web cam by RebelSean on 09-09-2005 at 08:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty

Thats not what he is trying to point out. He is trying to point out that in MSN Messenger v7.5.0229, in the conversation window of any contact they have a webcam icon regardless if they have a webcam or not. He is not saying that his webcam is being shown to everyone, and he does not want it.
RE: everyone has a web cam by matty on 09-10-2005 at 03:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:

Thats not what he is trying to point out. He is trying to point out that in MSN Messenger v7.5.0229, in the conversation window of any contact they have a webcam icon regardless if they have a webcam or not. He is not saying that his webcam is being shown to everyone, and he does not want it.
I think you are missing what I am pointing out. His contacts would have that option checked and thats why its displaying the webcam icon on the conversation window for his contact.
RE: everyone has a web cam by NiteMare on 09-10-2005 at 03:58 AM

i see what your pointing out, BUT if i do not have a web cam, that option does not affect it, the icon will not show on other versions

so regardless of weather the contact i am veiwing has a web cam or not, and has selected that option or not, it still show the web cam icon under the display picture, untill you hide, then unhide the said display picture

RE: everyone has a web cam by Mnjul on 09-10-2005 at 04:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
so regardless of weather the contact i am veiwing has a web cam or not, and has selected that option or not, it still show the web cam icon under the display picture, untill you hide, then unhide the said display picture

Hmmm..strangely, all my contacts have got a webcam icon when I hide their display picture, but the webcam icon is gone (as far as the contact does not really have a webcam) when I unhide the display picture... as very opposed to what you are getting, NiteMare, right? :S

Attached screenshot to tell you what I mean ;)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=532805]

I'm using MSNMsgr 7.5.0299.
RE: everyone has a web cam by NiteMare on 09-10-2005 at 04:30 AM

actualy thats exactly what i mean

RE: everyone has a web cam by ipab on 09-10-2005 at 04:34 AM

ok i dont think its really a bug, its an annoying feature that msn put in to advertise logitech. Well thats my opinion anyway :dodgy:

RE: everyone has a web cam by NiteMare on 09-10-2005 at 04:58 AM

i don't think it has anything to do with advertising, it think it a bug, because this wasn't apperent untill they moved the icon to the display picture

RE: everyone has a web cam by RebelSean on 09-10-2005 at 05:42 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
quote:

I think you are missing what I am pointing out. His contacts would have that option checked and thats why its displaying the webcam icon on the conversation window for his contact.

Yes, but even if you have that checked, it is not soposed to show up if you do not have a webcam. If you choose that option, it is mearly soposed to show your contacts that you have a webcam, but then again if you do not have one (like nitemare's case) it still is showing.

I agree with ipab tbh :tongue:.
RE: everyone has a web cam by NiteMare on 09-11-2005 at 12:51 AM

but its not advertising anything not untill you click it

does anybody have that new beta of MSN (version 7.5.0303) , can you confirm or deny that its in that one?