Shoutbox

how do you get the most out of a school pc? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: how do you get the most out of a school pc? (/showthread.php?tid=50329)

how do you get the most out of a school pc? by J C C on 09-10-2005 at 08:50 PM

Can you actualy do some cool stuff on school computers using windowskey+r to bring up run? I've heard that you can do more or less anything using the run command, but can somebody give me some ideas? Summat like finding *pwl files so I can change passwords maybe, lol (not that I would:D) or accessing teachers accounts. In fact is there anyway I could make an account that had teacher status, ie access to any sites etc? Or would the technicians be able to tell immediately that it was me who made that account?

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by mwe99 on 09-10-2005 at 08:51 PM

lol okidokies... well most schools have extra security, especially with student accounts, if you did access any other files you don't have access to, you will probably be tracked and removed from the system

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by SikStyles on 09-10-2005 at 08:53 PM

in school systems there is LAN, meaning all computers are connected to each other, you'll need the computer number u want to hack into, me and my friends got the teachers computer number and went into Mircosoft Word and file>open and typed in a command (cant remember, if i wud i wudnt tell u anyway, dont ask why)

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by J C C on 09-10-2005 at 08:53 PM

hmmm... that does sound like quite a problem. are you sure theres no way round it?

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by matty on 09-10-2005 at 09:06 PM

It depends on the software that your school chooses to use to provide you with applications. If you use Novel good luck. It took my friend 4 hours one day just to figure out how to alter the image that would appear on login. It was made to a Cow saying Mooooooo *Teachers Name* likes little boys. Most school networks are kept tight but if you have access to Microsoft Word there is a bug in its software (where even if your denied access to the C Drive from My Computer you can get it through Word). Just type C: when trying to open the file name and away you go. With the Novell network they also have a bug that allows you to run and EXE file as long as its named either calc.exe mspaint.exe wordpad.exe or notepad.exe. Like I said there isn't much you can actually do to the systems unless you know what your doing.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ~INVASION~ on 09-10-2005 at 09:19 PM

im on the schoold look close list :@ if they even have one, but once i do something, i get in shit for it, when everyone else can do it without having a problem (runing firefox)...my school watches me closer because  1 day me and my friends found a way into the c drive, basically we turned our calculator into the cdrive folder and had all programs and everything, not teacher accounts tho. But we could run teacher only programs like taking control of computers :D

Im still trying to get through their new system, so far unsuccesful, just a few folders not meant to be seen :undecided:

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by DJeX on 09-10-2005 at 09:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
im on the schoold look close list :@ if they even have one, but once i do something, i get in shit for it, when everyone else can do it without having a problem (runing firefox)...my school watches me closer because  1 day me and my friends found a way into the c drive, basically we turned our calculator into the cdrive folder and had all programs and everything, not teacher accounts tho. But we could run teacher only programs like taking control of computers :D

Im still trying to get through their new system, so far unsuccesful, just a few folders not meant to be seen :undecided:

I haven't got caught yet but I've done the same. I used the notpad's open dialog to get the C:\ and F:\ drives
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by M73A on 09-10-2005 at 09:35 PM

use nero to browse through the files.... it came up and i could look at ANYTHING... theres was a folder called 'CCTV' and in it was a video called 'Boys Toilet Graffiti'.... i cant find a camera in any of the toilets??? PERVERTS!!!!

worrying...

try nero:P

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by RaceProUK on 09-10-2005 at 09:48 PM

Sometimes school IT admins can be so anal about security. If you have to stop the students running programs, you haven't secured the system against viruses, adware and spyware properly have you?

Then again, most are semi-incompetent. I remember, any Win2000 or NT4 machine on my school's network tried to reinstall Office every time you ran an Office app.
And they disabled the Win key on Win95 machines, but not on the others.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Ezra on 09-10-2005 at 09:49 PM

There's another exploit in novell where it uses special usernames to image the disk, but if you log in normally with it it will load up and then close immediatly, but there's enough time to make a local administrator account, and from there you can acces the whole local computer including installing novell NDS managing software to backtrace passwords :-).

But those are the old days :P, nowadays I just know the Administrator password :d

RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by J C C on 09-11-2005 at 02:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
use nero to browse through the files.... it came up and i could look at ANYTHING... theres was a folder called 'CCTV' and in it was a video called 'Boys Toilet Graffiti'.... i cant find a camera in any of the toilets??? PERVERTS!!!!

worrying...

try nero:P

Where do you get nero and what does it do (I apologise for my ignorance!)
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by tony on 09-11-2005 at 02:54 PM

Nero Burning ROM:

http://ww2.nero.com/enu/index.html

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Lou on 09-11-2005 at 03:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shrbr
Nero Burning ROM:

most computers at schools won't allow you to install anything8-)
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Jimcando on 09-11-2005 at 03:14 PM

Our schools computers are really annoying. They've blocked nearly everything. So I can't do anything on it apart from open up some crappy programs. And even then the teacher is watching every program I have open :@

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by absorbation on 09-11-2005 at 03:22 PM

google is blocked and we are banned from most images :@

with GCSE's i get 80 MB space and 15 pages of black and white paper beofre we have to pay :(

lower down it's worse :(

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Jimcando on 09-11-2005 at 03:26 PM

We get as much paper and space as we want whatever year we're in.Although I'm sure they'll stop you if you use too much space :P
And even though they say they charge you for coloured printing, they never do.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ShawnZ on 09-11-2005 at 03:27 PM

I use the 'Up' button exploit a lot on windows 98 computers. If you can get into any directory UNDER the one you're blocked from (e.g. you're blocked from c:\windows and you can get into the start menu folder in c:\windows\start menu), then you can simply use the 'Up' button to navigate to the directory you're blocked from.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Jimcando on 09-11-2005 at 03:29 PM

Last year all our computers were upgraded to XP so all these exploits dont work :(

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by saralk on 09-11-2005 at 03:29 PM

for a while safemode was completely unprotected on our school computers untill they got windows xp, and we did a lot of damage.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Luigi on 09-11-2005 at 03:31 PM

My school PCs are using win xp home, and I get Admin Rights by pressing f8 at the boot screen.
Simple :P

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by NiteMare on 09-11-2005 at 07:14 PM

hmm run commdands, try my favorite

but becareful, if you have smart lan admins, they will track it to your computer

if your PC's run on windows xp send:

net send * <type message here>

you can replace * with a specific computer name should you happen to know it, other wise that will send a maeeasge to ever computer on the lan

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Stigmata on 09-11-2005 at 07:18 PM

To get the most out of your *school* pc:

1. Use Microsoft Office.
2. Research Teh Interweb.
3. Listen to the teacher.

if u want to do rebelious things, do it on your own pc.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by NiteMare on 09-11-2005 at 07:19 PM

awww, thats no fun

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by hmaster on 09-11-2005 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by NiteMare
hmm run commdands, try my favorite

but becareful, if you have smart lan admins, they will track it to your computer

if your PC's run on windows xp send:

you can replace * with a specific computer name should you happen to know it, other wise that will send a maeeasge to ever computer on the lan
hehe, i got the user and pass of a friend so i can just do it on her comp :P
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by toddy on 09-11-2005 at 07:22 PM

netsend is always pretty funny when writing about teachers/other publics.....altho don't do it on your account or they will trace you, use a guess account :P

my school has no blocked it tho ¬_¬_¬

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by NiteMare on 09-11-2005 at 07:22 PM

a word of warning, if you go to sinclair secondary school, in whitby, you WILL be suspended for that

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Jimcando on 09-11-2005 at 07:23 PM

quote:
That used to happen a lot at our school but we do happen to have smart technicians and they shoot anyone who does it.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ShawnZ on 09-11-2005 at 07:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jimcando
quote:
That used to happen a lot at our school but we do happen to have smart technicians and they shoot anyone who does it.

Thats why you should always tunnel it though an office PC
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by hmaster on 09-11-2005 at 07:40 PM

Does net send only work on XP?

RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Anubis on 09-11-2005 at 07:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata

1. Use Microsoft Office.

So true, I've been banned off my school computers a few times, simply for doing dumb stuff like sending messages on the computers accross the classroom, and although it may sound like something small, they really hate it. So think twice before doing anything daft, because its no fun when they stop you doing things.

The novility of doing dumb stuff like this is really dumb tbh, school networks are generally full of exploits, but in a world where everyone was trustable there would be no worry over exploits. If you're thinking of messing around with the computers to impress a few people and look smart grow up!
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Nathan on 09-11-2005 at 07:47 PM

In our school if your found doing something naughty the teachers get the electricians to change the background to barbie. :rofl:
Plus they ban you from the internet.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by mwe99 on 09-11-2005 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hmaster
Does net send only work on XP?

No we used to do it on 2000, until they prevented it
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by hmaster on 09-11-2005 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Yeh i suppose your right..
Our school has given every user in our school an email address and we can chek it using the school intranet and microsoft outlook webaccess. (better way of sending messages accross classroom). So thats not an issue no more :)
RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by toddy on 09-11-2005 at 07:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
In our school if your found doing something naughty the teachers get the electricians to change the background to barbie. :rofl:
Plus they ban you from the internet.

electricians, rofl

newb

its technician newb

edit:
and if you don't kno how to change your background, you are really newb
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by hmaster on 09-11-2005 at 07:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddy
electricians, rofl

newb
Im sure he meant technicians :rolleyes:
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Purity on 09-11-2005 at 07:59 PM

We can get banned for gaining access to supervisor account, hacking, viruses, etc.  Our teachers are very strict with this.  I put a virus in the computers last year, not sure if it worked, they were hiding the F drive, so I had to type it in, simple lupe hole.  I just wanted to fuck over the computers. :P  When I was a noob.  I know better now.  Anyways, I was very close to geting caught.  I stole peoples files and coppied them.  and the teacher got really suspicious.  She trusted me though. :P

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Anubis on 09-11-2005 at 08:15 PM

quote:

Actually it may not be a matter of knowing how, if everyones account is ran off a set profile and the account was set up to not allow someone to change desktop background you wouldn't be able to change the background.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by hmaster on 09-11-2005 at 08:18 PM

quote:

We cant from our PC's all access is blockedm no right click, no control panel, no run, no nothing :|
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by toddy on 09-11-2005 at 08:24 PM

quote:
quote:

We cant from our PC's all access is blockedm no right click, no control panel, no run, no nothing :|

select a picture and click set as background 8-)
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Supersonicdarky on 09-11-2005 at 08:54 PM

one teacher (my fave) is actually promoting hacking on his computer, the rest dont care what i do :P
and our pcs aren't too protected, only novell :)

RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by NiteMare on 09-12-2005 at 12:01 AM

quote:
quote:
quote:

look whos the idiot now, not every school runs of window xp, our school didn't untill last year, and before thatall we had were win98's, which the set as background option isn't there
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by toddy on 09-12-2005 at 12:04 AM

quote:
look whos the idiot now, not every school runs of window xp, our school didn't untill last year, and before thatall we had were win98's, which the set as background option isn't there

well if you aren't on XP then your school is gay......
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by uberdosis on 09-12-2005 at 01:45 AM

run command was easy to get into at our school, even after they 'blocked' it.. same with most other stuff.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by J C C on 09-12-2005 at 09:01 AM

How do you get the run dialog up if they have blocked it?

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Pyro on 09-12-2005 at 09:19 AM

im not allowed an account cos they said i "hacked" into my ol primary system; so i just use the account of a kid that left AGES ago that they havn't deleted so... yeah :banana:

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Replicarter on 09-12-2005 at 01:48 PM

Well our school was so easy to access, until the awesome techies (not sarcasm, as i do like them) blocked everything after watching my account ^o)

It was quite easy, basically doing shortcuts to most areas and to a command prompt, then using the 'net use' command to map to the teachers and students drives. And before that, you could just make a shortcut to the networks name and they had all the batch files there to open everything ^o)

Also, everyone in my school are thick noobs they don’t know how to even use net send, so I showed 1 person, and by the end of the week everyone in school was sending abusive messages, making people cry, and got everything blocked.  *sigh*

Repli

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Purity on 09-12-2005 at 02:09 PM

:rofl: I told like 1 -2 people how to access other peoples files etc.....and everyone started doing it, i was so pissed.  I was like, you fuckin retards you want me to get caught? :P

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Jhrono on 09-12-2005 at 02:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity

I told like 1 -2 people how to access other peoples files etc.....and everyone started doing it, i was so pissed.  I was like, you fuckin retards you want me to get caught?
</imtoogod>

I'd like to do something with the school pcs if they stood on without crashing..my school pc responsibles are dumb as a door..they cant even install a driver :S
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Dempsey on 09-12-2005 at 02:46 PM

I changed the shell to windows 3.1 style Program Manager on a few of the WIndows 98 machines at school, when they were restarted the next day, the stupid n00bs didn't know what to do, they were like 'uh, wheres the start button?'

Then they blocked access to all exes except for a little list such as winword.exe etc, but then for a project they had to give my full exe access so i could run the program i made and then the IT guy 'forgot' to set the restriction again.  He was quite cool, gave me extra storage space and printing credits whenever I wanted them.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by toddy on 09-12-2005 at 03:13 PM

my school is gay now....can't do anything good¬_¬

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by YottabyteWizard on 09-12-2005 at 04:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
:rofl: I told like 1 -2 people how to access other peoples files etc.....and everyone started doing it, i was so pissed.  I was like, you fuckin retards you want me to get caught? :P
Me too, i told 2 friends of mine how to transfer documents through the network and other ones saw them doing that and told the rest of them, also started using NET SEND for messaging and the damn a**h*les use it to send msg to ALL the network... ¬¬ Including my teacher PC. My teacher caught them but thank god he just said 'Stop using that' :D

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Voldemort on 09-13-2005 at 12:16 AM

hey, does it work(the command) on a win xp, win2000 pcs?
my schools computers dont have protections as all students are noobs exept me ... well some know actually a bit, but not much, the teacher only knows how to use exel word acess and that office thingys
haha they are too stupid, i connected myself to the internet the first min i was with the computer... they have been trying but they are stupid and cant.
i once hacked a teachers msn account and they almost discover me , after a tipoff from a girl , they made me coonect to my messenger in school but couldnt prove it!! they are stupid!
i want to f*** the comps but the teacher will blame me im sure, she knows i know more than she does lol lol lol :banana::banana::banana:

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ShawnZ on 09-13-2005 at 01:33 AM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
i once hacked a teachers msn account and they almost discover me
err how :/
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ~INVASION~ on 09-13-2005 at 04:58 AM

fuck, i know what u mean, i told these 2 friends of mine, they told their entire spanish class, and from their it was a skool wide comp plague, everybody had everything, they went down for it tho not me, some ppl :dodgy:

Purity... does ur skool have the same system as me? were only 2 hours apart, maybe we can help each other get through the skool stuff :P

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by NiteMare on 09-13-2005 at 05:20 AM

at my old school (jsut graduated), we had these folders called groupwork, that everyone in the class could access, and control,

so we built a program that put a new blank text file in to the folder every 10 milliseconds(of course lag lengthens that) , by the end of the class we had 15,000 blank text doc in teh folder, the thing took 10 minutes to load

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by RaceProUK on 09-13-2005 at 09:52 AM

Y'know, instead of continually punishing people who get round restrictions with regularity, they should 'employ' them to find weaknesses for them to secure. I bet Microsoft has a whole team whose sole task is to find ways to bring down Windows, just to find exploits before hackers do.

RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by linx05 on 09-13-2005 at 01:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Y'know, instead of continually punishing people who get round restrictions with regularity, they should 'employ' them to find weaknesses for them to secure. I bet Microsoft has a whole team whose sole task is to find ways to bring down Windows, just to find exploits before hackers do.

Exactly. When I was at school, we had the worst IT people. The network would always crash, we couldn't print, Internet kept going down. It was slack.

So I got an old virus (it was benign) and sent it around the school. The IT guys over reacted (instead of finding out what the virus did). All the computers had deep freeze on.

But I succeeded. Last year I found out through my bro that all of the IT guys were fired, and the school hired a new guy (just one). Everything is working fine now :S
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by stoshrocket on 09-13-2005 at 02:04 PM

yeah but your forgettin the main thread... how ther hell can i hack the fecking computers!?!?! weve got some crappy thing called RMConnect... we have recently got windows xp wit the run commad disabled and the office thing doesnt work, got suggestions guys (com on i havent wreaked havot in aaaages!!)

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ~INVASION~ on 09-14-2005 at 12:43 AM

well, the word bug doesnt work for me, they managed to close it off, i tried lots of things today, couldnt find a way through, properties are completely shut off for every file.

so im going to plan 2, portable workarounds, since when i install firefox the skool finds out and fucking freaks on me, ive installed portable firefox on my mp3/jump drive (E:/)  when running firefox, it by passes the skools firewall/proxy, allowing restricted sites like games and webmsns, but why use web msn, when u can use portable msn. :cheesy:  for me and the way our computers are locked down, the portable sollution sounds best, run all bad things from the e drive :P

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Voldemort on 09-14-2005 at 12:52 AM

well it wasnt hacking.....
i guessed his secret question :banana:

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by RaceProUK on 09-14-2005 at 08:36 AM

quote:
when i install firefox the skool finds out and fucking freaks on me
Are the technicians aware of what Firefox is? From that, I assume not.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ~INVASION~ on 09-14-2005 at 09:55 PM

quote:
quote:
yes they are very aware, they know it gets past their proxy (big red screen of doom) enabling gaming, webmsn, porn (haha) and w/e else they dont want us doing on the net

quote:
Originally posted by »fusion
They deleted all the drivers , all except floppy drives
well thats insane, most everybody at skool now uses flash/jump/E:/usb/whatevere the heck u wanna call them drives to bring stuff like homework to and from skool.

i tried my portable hacks today, they work!! i have a taskmanager that can stop w/e i want :D so ill be stoping the skools prevention methods, i also have a startup editor(a beefed version of msconfig) so ill just uncheck skool security settings form loading ;) this is gonna be alot of fun, but if i get caught, im prolly gonna have to say byebye to my account, or just say "well i was just trying to crack through and report it so you guys could fix it"  thats what i did before 8-) then they fixed it :dodgy:   o and 1 more thing, minesweeper and solitaire are just a few of my new favourite past times when working on the computers, some sweet ms games on my desktop :grin:
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Lou on 09-14-2005 at 10:21 PM

quote:
i tried my portable hacks today, they work!!
* Lou wants a copy:P

No but really. There are so many ways to hack into these systems it isnt even funny
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ~INVASION~ on 09-14-2005 at 10:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
No but really. There are so many ways to hack into these systems it isnt even funny
not ours, they have everything blocked, i made a shortcut of c:/ on my computer, put it in my drive dragged it on my skool desktop, the logo when i put it on the desktop was a drive icon like ive never seen before on the skools but it was still restricted, im gonna try ending those restrictions proccesses then see if c: works but i doubt it, cause they prolly have it set in the registry
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by stoshrocket on 09-15-2005 at 04:23 PM

how the hell do i get a portable version of firefox??? i want i want!!! lol, can i juts install firefox onto my device or what????

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ~INVASION~ on 09-15-2005 at 04:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Methos2
how the hell do i get a portable version of firefox??? i want i want!!! lol, can i juts install firefox onto my device or what????

here u go :) portable firefox
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by stoshrocket on 09-15-2005 at 04:44 PM

oooo, muhahaaa..... the school shall fall under my wrath of portable firefox!!! or maybe ill just watch sum porn.... hmmm... lol

EDIT:: WTF?!?!? this aint portable firefox!!! gawd.... lol, i got the message anyway, ill look on google, lol

RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Max on 09-15-2005 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by toddywell if you aren't on XP then your school is gay......

Maybe they couldn't afford it? Not all of us go to private schools, Toddy.

Our Business Studies teacher gave me and a few other friends her password so that we could get access to a few files for our coursework, she was an administrator, and we made ourselves administrators. Sadly within 3 weeks they were taken away when the school got a virus and XP had to be reinstalled.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Nathan on 09-15-2005 at 06:03 PM

I dont go to a private school (even though my mum and dad want me to) and they have win xp!

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by MoRiA on 09-15-2005 at 06:27 PM

My old school has recently upgraded the fat clients to WinXP. The thin clients are still on Win2000 server.

To be fair, though, most businesses (which includes schools - I'm talking about places with a huge computer network) tend to stick to one operating system for a LONG time. The reason? "If it ain't broke don't fix it." They know that their current system works and don't want the hassle caused by upgrading to a new operating system which could break everything. It's expensive, time consuming and annoying.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by FrozenDaggers on 09-15-2005 at 07:14 PM

My school has recently got some kick ass computers. They're black and sexy. mmm. But yeah they suck cause you can't do jack shit on them.

List of things you can't do:

• Change desktop background
  • Open any computer program-related folders & files (e.g. Control Panel etc)
  • Use MSN Messenger
  • Use CD's (No CD drives)
  • Use floppy disks (No floppy drive)

There are more things, but I can't remember them just now.

Internet things you can't do:
  • Use gmail, hotmail, yahoo mail or any thing web-based apart from Outlook which doesn't work properly anyway
  • Play games
  • Use forums
  • Use chats
  • Download anything (obvious reasons)
  • Again, use MSN Messenger, Yahoo, Skype, etc etc

It really does suck. :(

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Nathan on 09-15-2005 at 07:27 PM

Get firefox portable and it'll get rid of those bans!
and put  it on a usb drive!

RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Anubis on 09-15-2005 at 07:43 PM

quote:
quote:

Perhaps its the fact that you're downloading .exe files that they freak out about. A while ago at school I downloaded a .exe from a reliable source, but when they found out they kept telling me how I shouldn't download .exe files and banned me for ages, saying that every pupil had been told at the beginning of every year that you don't download .exe files.

Which we hadn't, but the teacher was insistent on the fact that I had been told, there was no point arguing past this as he wasn't open to the possibility that he hadn't...which everyone I asked backed me up on.

Anyway, whatever the case, they don't like kids downloading .exe files for the risk of viruses...end of story
...but tbh, viruses can enter the computers by other methods just as easily, hell even some viruses can infect .jpg files, and I knew what I was downloading.
RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Veggie on 09-15-2005 at 07:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozenDaggers
My school has recently got some kick ass computers. They're black and sexy. mmm. But yeah they suck cause you can't do jack shit on them.

List of things you can't do:
  • Change desktop background
  • Open any computer program-related folders & files (e.g. Control Panel etc)
  • Use MSN Messenger
  • Use CD's (No CD drives)
  • Use floppy disks (No floppy drive)

There are more things, but I can't remember them just now.

Internet things you can't do:
  • Use gmail, hotmail, yahoo mail or any thing web-based apart from Outlook which doesn't work properly anyway
  • Play games
  • Use forums
  • Use chats
  • Download anything (obvious reasons)
  • Again, use MSN Messenger, Yahoo, Skype, etc etc

It really does suck. :(

Im really sorry but:

AND? its a school computer to do school work who cares what you can do on it, it is meant for school work and if they choose to block anything which isnt to do with school, its there choice and you shouldnt be moaning about it.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by RaceProUK on 09-15-2005 at 08:23 PM

TBH, if schools really want to limit what the students do, they can't do worse than Linux. First, Linux is basically free, and distros are so cheap anyway. Then, you can commission someone to write a new window manager that really does lock down the system as necessary. Enough freedom to do work, enough limitation to prevent misuse. Coupled with Linux's better-by-design security and it's flexibility, and you've got a good deal.

One downside - you'd need to teach everyone that there's more to life than Windows.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Veggie on 09-15-2005 at 09:40 PM

quote:
If I want to moan I will... good god... I was just pointing out that we can't do much on ours. So like theres not really much to get out of our school computers. Now stop bitching at me.

I feel sorry for you you cant play games and change the desktop backround on a school pc, i dont know how you survive at school. When i was at school i was all like, "WHEY look at me changing the wallpaper and opening computer program-related folders" those were some good times!
* Veggie gets all nostalgic.
RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by FrozenDaggers on 09-15-2005 at 09:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Veggie
quote:
If I want to moan I will... good god... I was just pointing out that we can't do much on ours. So like theres not really much to get out of our school computers. Now stop bitching at me.

I feel sorry for you you cant play games and change the desktop backround on a school pc, i dont know how you survive at school. When i was at school i was all like, "WHEY look at me changing the wallpaper and opening computer program-related folders" those were some good times!
* Veggie gets all nostalgic.

TBH, I get on with my school work and stuff... I don't see why you have to get personal when I point stuff out.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by lordy on 09-15-2005 at 09:47 PM

our school runs all Mac's with OS X on them... obviously they block all the dodgy sites that students waste time on (havent blocked this one yet :D).. we can do most basic thing, change wallpaper, resolution (if u have special privledges because you do and IT subject) etc. it works quite well, and seeing as though there very little viruses for Mac (if any) that works well too!

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Alfa_Romeo on 09-15-2005 at 11:11 PM

At my school they try to block everything, but there's always ways to get around it.

Like setting a desktop background, just download Irfranview, and install into your own file, then use the background setting tool from there, even if right-click, etc. is disabled.

And I created my own 'file stealer' in VB which can transfer any file from any protected dir (C:,F:,G: on ours) including programs, into my own directory, so i can burn it to CD. :D

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by mwe99 on 09-16-2005 at 12:03 AM

Check the schools default Admin then :P

at work we're all admins using Novell and just get asked nicely not to install or change settings (A)

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by dotNorma on 09-21-2005 at 01:04 AM

Make a MessNet :grin:

Bassiclly, It runs like a botnet but instead of using IRC channells it uses Windows built in messenger service. Open up VB and make an application to intercept messenger messages and check their content to recognize certain phrases. For example if you "net send * opencd" then every computer on the network that has been made a "zombie" will open their CD Drive. Its real fun stuff, I did it to my home network. :grin:

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by mwe99 on 09-21-2005 at 01:07 AM

A little too much effort required though :) maybe you should post your program :P

RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Supersonicdarky on 09-21-2005 at 01:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alfa_Romeo
And I created my own 'file stealer' in VB which can transfer any file from any protected dir (C:,F:,G: on ours) including programs, into my own directory, so i can burn it to CD. :D

could your program copy files into the protected folders?
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by dotNorma on 09-21-2005 at 01:43 AM

Alright. For you MWE :grin:
-------------------------------
WARNING : BY RUNNING THIS APPLICATION ON YOUR MACHINE, YOU POTENTIALLY ALLOW ANYONE ON YOUR NETWORK TO OPEN YOUR CDDRIVE AND/OR TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR CURRENT SCREEN. WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO DO WITH THIS APPLICATION IS YOUR OWN DECISION AND CAN NOT BE BLAMED ON ME
Before: Both the computer you send the command from, and the zombie computer must have the messenger service enabled. (Its enabled by default unless you disable it, for some reason some people do) Google it for more information. Also, beleive Ive heard that windows  SP2 firewall blocks the messenger service but Im not sure. And the zombies/sender must be on a network.
Instructions : Run "BackgroundProcess.exe" on a computer to make the computer a zombie. NOW, from any other computer on the same network....Press windows key + r, Then type "cmd" and press enter,  Then type "net send * <command>" and press enter. TADA.

A popup should appear on your screen with the command name after you do that.
Commands:

prntsn = Takes a picture of the zombies screen and saves it to the zombies computer as "C:/PRNTSN.BMP".

opencd = Opens the zombies cd drive.

Now the program is http://noname.big-blue-fish.com/BackgroundProccess.exe . Private Message me for the code, its REALLY easy to do if you have decent VB knowledge.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Supersonicdarky on 09-21-2005 at 01:57 AM

here's how u eneable the messenger service: http://grc.com/stm/ShootTheMessenger.htm

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Andre on 09-21-2005 at 07:23 PM

Hey man, my school uses RM systems too. They're bolted down pretty tightly; I've tried most of the tips and tricks but they've all been blocked. I haven't tried the Windows key + r trick though.. the Windows key is blocked but would the same effect be achieved via Pressing ctrl + esc + r?

If so, that little proggy sounds like a fun one to try :D I'm in my last year so I spoke with a few friends about setting up a few little pranks and I'd set my mind on one involving the school comps. A friend told me a while back about a key combination you press during boot to bring up a network menu or something.. if anyone could shed anymore light on that I'd appreciate it.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Nathan on 09-22-2005 at 04:40 PM

Is there a portable firefox which isnt an exe. file?
Because our school doesnt allow exe. file :@

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by MeEtc on 09-22-2005 at 05:05 PM

My uni allows pretty much anything to be done, depending on which lab you're in. the more heavily trafficked ones have a bit more security. It uses Novell and Deep Freeze, which lets you do anything to the hard drive (add/rem progs, files even format if you wanted) and DF will bring back up a restored and unchanged disk every time it is rebooted.

Oh, how i wish i could get around that...

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Nathan on 09-22-2005 at 05:12 PM

Is there away that you can get up run or use a command without using combonations?
As our school has blocked them :@
Like could i put a run shortkut on my usb drive and run it from there?

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Negro_Joe on 09-22-2005 at 05:24 PM

I hate the system at my school the new(ish) technician has messed it all up.. we cant do anything, if a website has the word sex in it were not allowed on it, plus hes rude, and thinks hes the best because he know s compuers if you know what i mean :S

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Nathan on 09-22-2005 at 07:04 PM

Is there anyway to install something even though it tells you not to. Like to delay the shut down of the application?

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by King For A Day on 09-22-2005 at 09:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Absorbation
google is blocked and we are banned from most images :@

with GCSE's i get 80 MB space and 15 pages of black and white paper beofre we have to pay :(

lower down it's worse :(

seriously???

ours aint lax or anything but ive seen people get past most things dissalowed.

i sorted myself with print credits for life last year, my it teacher sent me and a fired to buy some credits for the class and we got about 600 each instead of the 20 we were told to get, and the technition didnt even bother. so theyve passed on for my last two years ill never run out, adnn never have to pay 2p for another again
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Tasha on 09-22-2005 at 09:39 PM

quote:

1. Use Microsoft Office.

imho, best idea yet. (y)
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by MrBean on 09-25-2005 at 11:17 PM

if u are on rm community connect 3 my admins left the username: administrator1 and the password: changeme open and gave me admin access to the network :P

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by mwe99 on 09-25-2005 at 11:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
quote:

1. Use Microsoft Office.

imho, best idea yet. (y)

I agree, if you edit or change a school PC beyond your privledge the school will probably put that on your permanant record and i wouldnt hire someone who messes around with PC systems to ruin and alter things. Not to mention you'll probably get into serious trouble, especially if you get access to others files...

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by DJeX on 09-25-2005 at 11:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
wouldnt hire someone who messes around with PC systems to ruin and alter things

You may not but Microsoft will. My uncles brother is a hacker, Microsoft hired him to protect there systems because he knows too much.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by segosa on 09-26-2005 at 06:57 AM

I used the easiest method to gain administrative privileges on my school network. I wrote a small C++ program which looked like MS Access except asked for the administrator password and made it look like it wouldn't open until it was given. So one day when the headmistress is in the room I call her over and point out that I can't get into MS Access to do my work because it needs the password. She says "don't look then" and I look away, she enters it, and walks away. Then I just paste the contents of the clipboard and I have the administrator password. Easy.

The next year, it was changed, and they actually told me the password because they believed that I could get in anyway (since they found out I knew last year's password all year through). Fools. :p

This year they've changed it again (different management for the IT section) and haven't told me, but I don't need administrator access because all I need to do is ask my physics teacher to log in with his account when I need to do or install something (like the freaking graphics card drivers that they neglected to install).

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ~INVASION~ on 09-26-2005 at 07:03 AM

hmmm a little social engineering, very nice segosa (Y)

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by kotjze on 09-26-2005 at 11:25 AM

:P I don't know what it's called, but the computers in our school basically have no desktop, just a window where you can only access Internet Explorer, WordPerfect, and a thing to change your password. You can open Internet Explorer and go anywhere else (Control Panel, My Computer, My Documents) and you can change everything in the Control Panel. They didn't lock it :/

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by mwe99 on 09-26-2005 at 01:34 PM

lol most schools dont need to bother locking it to a really high safe. its just protecting peoples files and details by law.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Purity on 09-26-2005 at 01:45 PM

I always find loops holes to let me do stupid little things like changing hte backround and such.  I had/have? (dont know anymore) a way to change user privledges, etc.... I was able to change the files that disallowed people to use certain programs or change backround. :)  Also, if your school computer blocks floppy disks, next time you goto open something, type F:/ (if F is your floppy drive) in the text box, then press enter. :D

I can also search through alll their windows files and all the shit that they hide.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Andre on 09-27-2005 at 07:01 PM

Meh, tried the default admin info for the RM Connect computers that someone posted and it locked the computer down.

Has anyone got any more tips or tricks for RM computers? And the entire school has been upgraded to WindowsXP so some of the old tricks are gone now.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Mike on 09-27-2005 at 07:52 PM

What the heck are those things you are talking about? [Image: msn_tongue.gif]
On our school, there isnt even an account system...
Just the standard windows logon screen...
You can do almost anything you want... [Image: xso_undecided.gif]

I just hope they would have a bit better security, and be able to
bypass the restrictions, so everyone would ask me how did i did that
because all the others are noobs... [Image: msn_tongue.gif]

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Supersonicdarky on 09-27-2005 at 08:22 PM

for those who's school computers don't allow you to click on your desktop or do watever, download TopDesk :)
When u use it, the desktop will say that the active background was changed, click here to restore it and then ur done :)

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by dylan! on 09-28-2005 at 01:06 AM

when your account loads on xp professionall before it completely loads the symantec antivirus icon shows at the botton if your fast enough you could click on it and change your scanning and virus settings;) and if your having problems donloading files and stuff get firefox;)

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Supersonicdarky on 09-28-2005 at 02:04 AM

what if you don't have sympatec?

I also wana know what tasks can i kill (if any) to get more privillages? :S

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Nathan on 09-28-2005 at 11:35 AM

can some one [put in as attchment (not exe.) the run file please?

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by dylan! on 10-09-2005 at 11:21 PM

do you want more out of yor school pc?
do you got windows xp professional?

if so open the internet...go to www.getfirefox.com and download firefox and install...open firefox and google explorer xp and download...open it and go to the c: drive and select the files you want and drag them into your drive and delete any files that you may not like  at my school in the program files folder there a folder called IBMschool or something along those lines...go into that and delete the file studentDT.bmp and replace it with your own studentDT.bmp picture for a custom background on ALL studen accounts  i did this and that day after school the technition guy came and it wouldnt work the next day so be carefull and have fun

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Nathan on 10-10-2005 at 05:30 PM

Nahh, doesnt work i'm afraid :( They blocked .exe files in our school :@

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by dylan! on 10-10-2005 at 06:00 PM

did you try getting it with firefox?

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Nathan on 10-10-2005 at 09:09 PM

yep, like i said out school doesnt allow us to install or run exe. files!

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Nathan on 04-25-2006 at 05:13 PM

To gain access to cmd i very easy just go to my documents and do the following:
Right click> click shortcut>when it asks you whats the loacation type cmd> click next> (choose name)> then finsih>
You know have access to cmd :D
Sorry for reviving a old thread but hey couldnt resist :p

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Fuzzles on 04-26-2006 at 09:47 AM

I tried to shutdown my friends laptop by using command prompt, it has an encrypted server any chance i can get through it and how?

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by zach on 04-26-2006 at 10:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan
Right click> click shortcut>when it asks you whats the loacation type cmd> click next> (choose name)> then finsih>
heh I'll try that. What are some good commands? netsend?

Edit: Oh wait, we can't right click :(
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by [MR] on 04-26-2006 at 06:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:
Originally posted by shrbr
Nero Burning ROM:

most computers at schools won't allow you to install anything8-)
ya but I luckily got to install firefox :P  but its best to use non-install programs, like if you wanted to get on AIM then you should download portable gaim.  Works fine and im sure there are other 'portable programs.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by M73A on 04-26-2006 at 06:06 PM

nero burning rom is good for viewing all the files...

go into the a folder on the server (will be different for every school) and press up... if its what im on about you have pressed up from it goes to the computers on the network and workgroup... in my school u could access 'rm tutor 2' and control peoples accounts :D

create shortcuts to places like msn messenger... sumtyms it works... but now my school has got this system where they have got like a list of specified allowed .exes and coz msn isnt on it (but is on the computers) we cant run it:( worth a try though..)

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ayjay on 04-26-2006 at 06:15 PM

http://kk.hopto.org:8080/wiki/index.php/Portable_USB_Drive_Apps
http://tinyapps.org/
http://www.dirk-loss.de/win-tools.htm

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by rav0 on 04-26-2006 at 10:30 PM

Does anybody know of an alternative to cmd, since cmd is blocked.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Lou on 04-26-2006 at 10:34 PM

quote:
right click is disabled at my school:(
RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by rav0 on 04-26-2006 at 10:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by .Lou
quote:
right click is disabled at my school:(

You could make the shortcut at home, and take it to school.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Lou on 04-26-2006 at 10:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
You could make the shortcut at home, and take it to school.
Smart idea:)
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by jren207 on 04-26-2006 at 10:46 PM

"command"

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by remember_987 on 04-26-2006 at 11:06 PM

someone earlier on said something like "if you get through the holes they should hire you as help" or something that exact thing happened at my school it is awesome because i have unlimited privleges and all i have to do is TRY to do things against the rules :D

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by qgroessl on 04-26-2006 at 11:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by remember_987
someone earlier on said something like "if you get through the holes they should hire you as help" or something that exact thing happened at my school it is awesome because i have unlimited privleges and all i have to do is TRY to do things against the rules :D

:p I don't get to do that yet lol... I'm the first to figure out to use a proxy to get around the blocks put on our school.... and then I was the first to think of firefox.... but then another kid told the computer techy and he took all the credit for it :p so now he gets to sit there and act smart with him all day. I mean... the kid isn't bad with computers... he knows what he's doing... but I do too... I don't really care though... I still try to find ways through the holes.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by rav0 on 04-27-2006 at 12:12 AM

but guess what, the whole school doesn't like that kid, but they like you

keep finding ways through the holes, and keep them to yourself, and share them with me

RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Chris4 on 04-27-2006 at 01:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ajd
http://tinyapps.org/
http://www.dirk-loss.de/win-tools.htm

:shocked::shocked: Wow, them sites are great.
I got a list of programs now that I'm going to try on my school PC :P
Miranda IM, msconfig alternatives, process viewer, virtual desktops, add/remove programs alternative, etc.

If anyone wants the list (with direct links to the programs) PM me ;)
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by msnDeamon on 04-27-2006 at 05:52 AM

hehe some guy at my school got almost suspended for messing with stuff lol ... i find its cool he tried though :D

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Fuzzles on 04-27-2006 at 07:08 AM

At my old school i knew every single password :P messing with administratorwas fun :P, I got alot of thanks for unblocking sites and stuff:P I also changed every computers in the networks background to a pic of our school logo with devil horns and stuff, This was the last day :P

RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Supersonicdarky on 04-27-2006 at 11:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzles
This was the last day :P

Before you were expelled :P

i made a proxy so i can surf any site at school, cuz u cant unblock it even if you try (i think)
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ~INVASION~ on 04-28-2006 at 12:21 PM

if anyone would like a firefox that look like 90% identical to IE then i made one. Its based on john hallers tutorial with a couple of added extensions like super drag and go and minimize to tray hacked to work on 1.5. Its portable so theres no need to install anything, just drag it out of the .zip and delete all your evidence when done using it at skool :P

Download

Screenshot of Portable Firefox (IE Style)
[Image: fireie-medium.jpg]

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by MeEtc on 04-28-2006 at 12:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Supersonicdarky
Before you were expelled :P

i made a proxy so i can surf any site at school, cuz u cant unblock it even if you try (i think)

until the proxy gets blocked too :P
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by stoshrocket on 04-28-2006 at 02:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
until the proxy gets blocked too (Smilie)
or until the head of IT tells you to take it off the server, disable your internet privilages and blocks the URL to boot :(
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by qgroessl on 04-28-2006 at 03:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Methos2
quote:
Originally posted by MeEtc
until the proxy gets blocked too (Smilie)
or until the head of IT tells you to take it off the server, disable your internet privilages and blocks the URL to boot :(

Yeah... but I know here at least, if your a decent kid and only you know what you're doing to get around the block, the IT will let you do it... but as soon as more than just you is diong it he'll block it.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Nathan on 04-28-2006 at 07:07 PM

Im new to my new school and im starting to be friendly with the IT technician :P So soon i'll say if you wanna help finding loop holes ill do it for you if you le tme become admin :refuck:

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ForestPlus! on 09-02-2006 at 07:52 AM

My school run windows 2000 (or some cases, ME:() and even the [winkey] + D shortcut doesn't work, and worse... they have some sort of software that allows them to watch all of the students desktops and see what they're doing (like remote assistance), so breaking into the C:/ is impossible.:-|

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by .Roy on 09-02-2006 at 10:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ForestLand
My school run windows 2000 (or some cases, ME:() and even the [winkey] + D shortcut doesn't work, and worse... they have some sort of software that allows them to watch all of the students desktops and see what they're doing (like remote assistance), so breaking into the C:/ is impossible.:-|

Its possible, you'll get caught though.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Unreal209 on 09-02-2006 at 07:27 PM

I can't take any apps in on my USB drive, reason, i got them banned. Ages ago i used to take my USB drive into school with like 5+ games on it no install flash etc. Took the techy months to figure me. Now, i plug my drive in, it won't evan be recognised. Which is really wierd cos sometimes the techy can have a new site banned within minutes of someone finding it.

If someone could help me opening this with a prompt, i'd be verry happy :). I'm pretty bad with comand prompts and stuff, i can't evan open the run box thing with a shortcit, as obviousely its removed.

Our teachers can also take over our PC's. Someone in our class was playing a game and the sub teacher controled his PC on his laptop and opened word and typed "start working". It was pretty funny.

RE: RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by rav0 on 09-03-2006 at 04:10 AM

quote:
they have some sort of software that allows them to watch all of the students desktops and see what they're doing (like remote assistance), so breaking into the C:/ is impossible.:-|
They've got that at my school, but I doubt that they ever use it 8-).

quote:
Originally posted by .Roy
quote:

Its possible, you'll get caught though.

Could you explain it, because getting caught probably won't happen, and even if it does, it's not hurting anybody.

quote:
Originally posted by Unreal209
I can't take any apps in on my USB drive, reason, i got them banned. Ages ago i used to take my USB drive into school with like 5+ games on it no install flash etc. Took the techy months to figure me. Now, i plug my drive in, it won't evan be recognised. Which is really wierd cos sometimes the techy can have a new site banned within minutes of someone finding it.
My school loves USB disks. You can buy them through the school now, and all the old computers that have no front USB port have got small USB extension cables plugged in and duct taped to the side for easy USB port access.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Vimto on 09-03-2006 at 09:48 AM

I'm officialy barred of the system. How was I supposed to know magnets would fack up the moniter...

..and maybe a couple dozen of the ones around me (a)

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Thor on 09-03-2006 at 09:54 AM

quote:
Im new to my new school and im starting to be friendly with the IT technician :P So soon i'll say if you wanna help finding loop holes ill do it for you if you le tme become admin :refuck:
I think you will get a no :P
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by markee on 09-03-2006 at 10:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by .Vimto.
I'm officialy barred of the system. How was I supposed to know magnets would fack up the moniter...

..and maybe a couple dozen of the ones around me (a)
I remember our class doing that, we put the magnet back the other way so it wasn't as noticable afterwards.  Though I think they were replaced soon after we did it.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by M73A on 09-03-2006 at 10:37 AM

what i did was google the school network program - (RM Connect 4) and found loads of default passwords....

the teachers were like smith_j (because they were wall that pattern, surname_initial)

the only problem was finding people that wouldn't have changed their passwords... so, use the oldest and most technophobic teachers you can think off and they should still have 'password' as their password... or whatever the default password is

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by markee on 09-03-2006 at 10:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
what i did was google the school network program - (RM Connect 4) and found loads of default passwords....

the teachers were like smith_j (because they were wall that pattern, surname_initial)

the only problem was finding people that wouldn't have changed their passwords... so, use the oldest and most technophobic teachers you can think off and they should still have 'password' as their password... or whatever the default password is
Teachers that aren't there all the time are also quite good to use, like we had music teachers who were only there like one day a week.  It's very good when your teachers save you tests on a common drive that all teachers have access to (6)
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Nathan on 09-03-2006 at 10:57 AM

I have access to a teachers account. And they have a drive where they put all the reports on (6)

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Kenji on 09-03-2006 at 11:09 AM

I know all the maths teachers passwords cause they type so slow and one of them put their password in the username box once whilr the porjector was on. then when i was in a teachers room at break i went on his computer and there was porn in the history :O

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Thor on 09-03-2006 at 12:56 PM

There should be a option when someone registers that says: Are you a teacher?

If yes, they don't get access to this thread :P:P

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by markee on 09-03-2006 at 12:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Nitro
There should be a option when someone registers that says: Are you a teacher?

If yes, they don't get access to this thread [Image: msn_tongue.gif][Image: msn_tongue.gif]
Just ask for occupation so that it is less sus.  They might be teachers but I think they could even work that one out.
RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by rav0 on 09-04-2006 at 07:26 AM

I think that Chris boulton is a NSW DET network admin. Maybe it was somebody else though, I don't remember everything.

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by vaccination on 09-04-2006 at 03:39 PM

Haha at some of this stuff.

In my school the actual IT teachers are useless and are usually old science teachers. :S

The techies are useless apart from one but he is lazy.

We have a few things blocked like task manager and we have Windows XP. Winkey + r isn't blocked which is fun.

Most people in my school know nothing about computers except this one kid i know and he is good he got banned a few times but has done some cool stuff to the school computers, he leaves next year though.

Portable firefox is good but we can download and run .exes and i am the only person who knows what a proxy is therefore the only person who uses it so it isn't blocked.

The most annoying thing about our school is that the teachers don't have full admin rights, they can view and use the blocked folders but they can't use task manager and things. Only the headteacher and the techies have full admin and i can't be bothered to try and get their passwords.

One thing we do have is at login you can use;

Username: guest1 (up to guest100)

Password: password

and then muck about in them and hack in them so they don't know who did it. (Y)

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Jarrod on 09-08-2006 at 07:24 AM

how do you use the windows key+ things i've never had to do that i got access to the c: drive by right cliking in the start menu and clicking explore i also got access to evey file on the network by using a program called "instant file name search"(infs) i got access to the administraror's   "my documents folder" and found a file called staff passwords.txt but it turned out to be a reminder to him to change his user name or something. then the nextime i tried it they had disabled the program so it starts an error if u try running it but there are way around every thing as my 2 favorite oxymorons go:microsoft works and computer security

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Kenji on 09-08-2006 at 07:52 AM

i read this again and i got double vict today.

* Kenji is gonna have some fun (6)

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Jarrod on 09-08-2006 at 07:55 AM

if you really want in to a teacers computer have a look at key host it could catch passwors pretty easy

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Kenji on 09-08-2006 at 08:03 AM

i already know 3 techers passwords:P

and once i made a html file that opend on startup and had about 10500 popups in saying "j00 h4s g0t 4 v1ru5", it took up almost 13mb:O

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by Jarrod on 09-08-2006 at 08:09 AM

well wat sort of havoc are you trying to create?
cos i know plenty of decent tricks
and how privledged are your teachers?

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by hosey on 09-10-2006 at 10:27 AM

any one know of any good tricks to do to apple mac? coz i have them at my skool and they suk and i cant do anything on them :cry: the only problem is that our computer guy can see wateva we do at wateva time it is all recorded(im pretty sure it is) ad every1 has a log in thing so he can see who loged in and see wat we did, which suks and our computer guy can go off his head if he was in a room and we restarted a apple mac laptop, its only a apple mac laptop its not like we care about them

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by vaccination on 09-10-2006 at 12:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hosey
any one know of any good tricks to do to apple mac?

Press the windows mac key. 8-)

RE: how do you get the most out of a school pc? by ForestPlus! on 09-10-2006 at 12:47 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yes, i try that, it puts teh picture then, and then when i open a window or something, the ammount of space the window took up would just go white.

soon enough it would just go all white again 8-)