Shoutbox

Can some one help? (ColorNick) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Can some one help? (ColorNick) (/showthread.php?tid=50380)

Can some one help? (ColorNick) by scrimmy82 on 09-11-2005 at 08:15 PM

I downloaded the ColorNick plugin, and i dont know how to change the colour of my name.
Ive tried all the tags but none of them work, i can do it with the text onscreen but just not my name.....could it be because im using msn 7.5?

RE: Can some one help? by _Humphreys on 09-11-2005 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scrimmy82
I downloaded the ColorNick plugin, and i dont know how to change the colour of my name.
Ive tried all the tags but none of them work, i can do it with the text onscreen but just not my name.....could it be because im using msn 7.5?

Yes, this will be the reason why. Plus! isn't even fully compatiable with MSN 7.5 yet.
RE: Can some one help? by toddy on 09-11-2005 at 10:52 PM

the new version of plus will be out on the 27th of September

RE: Can some one help? by mwe99 on 09-11-2005 at 11:00 PM

Instead of ColourNick try the tutorials in the Help database.

http://www.msgplus.net/help_tutorials.php?tut=contactlist-colors

RE: Can some one help? (ColorNick) by shelleeson on 09-12-2005 at 09:54 PM

well i hate be a know it all but i downloaded colornickv2 and it works on my nickname.
i have  msn7.5

open a chat window with someone you don't need to talk to them you just need to use the window
you click on color nick and go all the way down to the configurations and choose the gradiant that you want and the linear pattern. then you choose

it will say this
/xcolornick <nickname>

highlight the piece exactly where i coloured then put in your name and press enter when text in the chat box it just disappears. then when you next close it and then open messenger up it should work.:D

this is correct isn't it or am i wrong :( i've never used it before but this is what your looking for)

RE: Can some one help? (ColorNick) by scrimmy82 on 09-13-2005 at 04:52 PM

Thanks very much for your help everyone, i now have the colour of my favourite team in my name :D