Shoutbox

Idea for Messenger Plus: - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Idea for Messenger Plus: (/showthread.php?tid=50389)

Idea for Messenger Plus: by xmiserablexblissx on 09-12-2005 at 12:10 AM

Me and my friends are big on putting lyrics or thoughtful quotes in our msn names. I was thinking, instead of writing them down and possibly losing the paper, why can't we have a tab on the side of the main messenger window that keeps track of our msn names? Like, maybe you could choose to have it in there, or it automatically just puts them in there, then you double click on it, and it changes your name back. You catch my drift? That would be so awesome.

RE: Idea for Messenger Plus: by qgroessl on 09-12-2005 at 01:07 AM

There are nickname loggers out there... None that are located in the tabs on the side of the contact list though. I can't seem to find the threads though.

RE: Idea for Messenger Plus: by aamiranga on 09-12-2005 at 12:47 PM

I am working to add my own tab in MSN Messenger. I have used an xml file and a script(javascript) for this purpose. this script adds a new key value pair in the registery and point to my xml file where the image for the tab to be appeared in the messenger window is given path of and also the page which will be displayed in the messenger window when the tab is clicked. But unfortunately, I am not being able to show even the tab on the window. HOW CAN IT BE DONE? CAN ANYONE GUIDE ME?

RE: Idea for Messenger Plus: by RaceProUK on 09-12-2005 at 07:10 PM

Phoenix 2 ;)
It doesn't put the names in a tab, but it does save names to disk, and provides a mechanism to restore one of these names whenever you like.

Note: If you're using Messenger 7.5, the nickname logger won't work. This is because the part of 7.5 I rely on to detect the name change is broken. I will be looking for a workaround though.