Shoutbox

Stuff plugin. and messenger 7.5 patch - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Stuff plugin. and messenger 7.5 patch (/showthread.php?tid=50394)

Stuff plugin. and messenger 7.5 patch by acanaway on 09-12-2005 at 03:10 AM

i have installed messenger 7.5 and installed the messenger 7.5 patch which give it most of the features that stuff plugin does. but i cant see about changing those settings. at least with the stuff plugin you could alter the settings. can the stuff pluging be install in conjuction with the messenger patch already being installed. or would it better to unstall messenger and do a clean install and add stuff plugin by itself and forget the patch for it..

thanks

RE: Stuff plugin. and messenger 7.5 patch by ipab on 09-12-2005 at 03:45 AM

there are many features that stuffplug has that the patch you have installed (im guessing messpatch) to modify the visual settings of msn messenger. Alternatively it works the other way too, therefore it all depends on what features you like.

RE: Stuff plugin. and messenger 7.5 patch by RaceProUK on 09-12-2005 at 12:22 PM

You can use the patch for things SPNG can't do, and use SPNG for the rest. It's not recommended to use both a patch and SPNG for the same feature, for the same reason it's recommended to use only one patch/skin at a time.

RE: Stuff plugin. and messenger 7.5 patch by Kandy on 09-13-2005 at 12:49 PM

[font=Arial][size=2][color=pink]
ya already sound like ya on the right track.  I have used both plug and patch and have a few more issues with the plug in that you may have to disable features in MSN and Plus to get it working in tha plug which means exiting settings, changing others and going back in, but i use it because i am not completely familiar w Plus yet and dont wanna plug, patch, reinstall roundabout.  Cleaner tha better.  In ma case Plus is far better using the KISS rule. On it's own its smart but plugged up, skinned up and patched up ya gotta have a few issues. Same as everything.  Neither the patch nor plug are so different that you'd be OMG i need THAT.  Although if size on ya screen matters tha patch disables more appearance elements.  In complete agreeance with "raceprouk" (how ya doin). In ma case patch more stable.

Does anyone have any info on Pocket PC/ IPAQ interfaces for  MSN messenger??????? 0 features. How bout Pocket Plus - i'll buy it!!!!!

Thanx a kbillion if ya post :0)