Shoutbox

[poss flamer] The MS Spyware thing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [poss flamer] The MS Spyware thing (/showthread.php?tid=50399)

[poss flamer] The MS Spyware thing by stonneway on 09-12-2005 at 09:16 AM

Why not ditch the advertising and have nag screens and charge users say $2 for using msgplus? A small fee, for all the users would negate the need for advertising/adware and, as a very long time user, i would be happy to pay for it.

Or what about a donate button in the prefs ?

Olly

RE: [poss flamer] The MS Spyware thing by Dempsey on 09-12-2005 at 09:28 AM

It's been tried before and it didn't work then.  The MsgPlus installation has changed a bit in the next release, which should make it even clearer what is being installed, so people don't accidently install the sponsor.

RE: [poss flamer] The MS Spyware thing by stonneway on 09-12-2005 at 09:30 AM

i feel their pain. the MS spyware is so heavy handed. MsgPlus isnt the only package they single out, i have seen lots of cases where they highlight an entire package due to an adware element.

RE: [poss flamer] The MS Spyware thing by mwe99 on 09-12-2005 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stonneway
i feel their pain. the MS spyware is so heavy handed. MsgPlus isnt the only package they single out, i have seen lots of cases where they highlight an entire package due to an adware element.

Why not support MsgPlus! http://www.msgplus.net/petition.php

Also, not everyone can pay a set fee. For example, young children or people with financial difficulties.
RE: [poss flamer] The MS Spyware thing by Hank on 09-12-2005 at 10:15 AM

just dont use MSAS, Boycott it

RE: [poss flamer] The MS Spyware thing by guanako on 09-12-2005 at 03:34 PM

i removed msas :P so nathin of that would happend, and why worrie if we all know it is still beta so its not perfect. (msas)