Shoutbox

plugin to change my display name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: plugin to change my display name (/showthread.php?tid=50437)

plugin to change my display name by vr6racer on 09-13-2005 at 09:57 AM

Hello,

iIve been searching the forum, but i've haven't found a plugin that can do such thing...

I would want to use a list of several phrases and the plugin randomly or sequently, changes from one to another every day....

The list could be a file ou a window, i don't care.. :p

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance
Ricardo

RE: plugin to change my display name by J-Thread on 09-13-2005 at 04:38 PM

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=50259

I'm currently developing that one, I think that's what you mean...

plugin to change my display name by vr6racer on 09-13-2005 at 04:57 PM

Yes, J-thread.  is something like that, but my purpose, is not to change so offen. only one time per day...

I've already seen thoose posts, but all were still ideias or someting under construction... :(

How's your plugin going?
If you want, i could help you testing it :p

When it will be some release, even if is still beta?

Is there another one that is already done and working? or i have to wait for yours?

I've some knowleage in programming, but now i've other priorities in my life and work :(

Thanks for your fast reply
Ricardo

RE: plugin to change my display name by RaceProUK on 09-13-2005 at 05:11 PM

If you want a sequential change every day, I suggest using modular division of the date with the number of names in the file. This would save you having to keep track of a number.

Implementation is up to you of course, just offering my two cents ;)

plugin to change my display name by vr6racer on 09-13-2005 at 05:30 PM

Thanks Raceprouk, for your sugestion and the 2 cents :)

If it was to do that with a programm written in bcb it was easy and quick, but it's not.

I've never done a plugin and don't know how to do it. but the principle reason is the lack of time to do it.

Maybe have to wait to j-thread to finish his good work :p

ricardo

RE: plugin to change my display name by J-Thread on 09-13-2005 at 06:56 PM

Writing the plugin isn't that hard but I've got some problems with the setup. Those .NET things won't install normally...

I let you know when it's done. And I think it'll be possible to change your nickname every day too...

RE: plugin to change my display name by RaceProUK on 09-13-2005 at 08:51 PM

I know what you mean about the setup. Have you tried using the latest version of Windows Installer instead of NSIS?

RE: plugin to change my display name by J-Thread on 09-14-2005 at 05:52 AM

With your help I found a way tot test my plugin now, so when it's finished I'll work @ the installer again...

I use Inno Setup btw and that should be working. I think I know the problem. It's the way plus loads those plugins.

First it loads all the plugins in the plugin dir, and after that it calls the COM name, but with that .NET framework that name points to mscoree.dll and not the dll itself, so that's the main problem. It may work when I install the plugin in a totally different directory...

RE: plugin to change my display name by RaceProUK on 09-14-2005 at 08:38 AM

I don't think it's the way Plus! loads the plugins, it's how the plugins load the framework. They should check to see if MSCOREE.DLL is loaded already before trying to load it again.

Still, people have managed to get .NET plugins to work, so keep trying ;)

RE: plugin to change my display name by multimillion2k on 09-14-2005 at 10:44 AM

Vr6racer:
Do you want to change the phrases in any particular order? If not, you can use the (!XRNDLINE) feature of stuffplug (not StuffplugNG). If you create a txt file with each phrase on a new line you can change one to your nickname or personal message randomly by creating a quicktext like
/nick (!XRNDLINEphrases.txt)
or
/xpsm (!XRNDLINEphrases.txt)
which won't change it automatically but if you only change it once per day it's okay.
Is this a possibility?

RE: plugin to change my display name by vr6racer on 09-14-2005 at 10:57 AM

multimillion2k:

I would prefer sequently. ramdon could repeat phrases more often.
It's a possibility... thanks for your ideia... :)

But gives me so much work as changing manualy :p i haven't build already the file with the phrases. I have a file, but not all phrases can go to my display name :D

In this moment i change once a day, or when i remember, to be quicker...
If it automatic this change could be more times per day :)

Ricardo

RE: plugin to change my display name by J-Thread on 09-14-2005 at 10:27 PM

Just wait and see ;)

I'm busy with it but got a lot of other things to do...

RE: plugin to change my display name by J-Thread on 09-16-2005 at 11:25 AM

Ok the plugin is finished, but i can't get it installed at another machine...:S

Tested together with raceprouk, but we can't figure what the problem is(N)

RE: plugin to change my display name by J-Thread on 09-17-2005 at 01:54 PM

I may have found the problem. I just have to test a little bit but I think the plugin will be finished next week...
------------------------

UPDATE:
Some screenshots...look a little strange, but that's because it's GIF;)

The plugin is finally done, but I'm not gonna release it till I'm sure it works correct! So just wait a few days;)

RE: plugin to change my display name by J-Thread on 09-20-2005 at 07:53 PM

And another one(Y)

RE: plugin to change my display name by remkot on 09-26-2005 at 01:45 PM

When are you ready?;)

RE: plugin to change my display name by J-Thread on 09-26-2005 at 01:56 PM

When i finally found out what's the problem with windows 98 pc's... @ XP it works properly, but at windows 98 machine it doesn't load, although every thing looks the same.

I don't have much time so you just have to wait another while I think... I'm still thinking of it, but I just don't have much time;)

RE: plugin to change my display name by remkot on 09-29-2005 at 07:02 PM

But jou can't release the "beta" version for xp only?

Gr remko

RE: plugin to change my display name by J-Thread on 09-29-2005 at 07:51 PM

Hmm I can but I would rather like to have a final version that just works. I tested again today but at windows 98 (different pc's, all the same) and everything looks the same as windows XP (registry ed) but the plugin totally isn't loaded :S

Well I though about another solution today, I'll continue testing for one more week, when it isn't finished then I'll release a XP only version

RE: plugin to change my display name by Kight on 09-30-2005 at 11:07 AM

would this plug-in be capable of chinging my display name at set times throught the day, every day?

RE: plugin to change my display name by J-Thread on 09-30-2005 at 01:44 PM

The way I made it now, there is just a Interval. For example, you can choose 3 hours, then every 3 hours your name is changed. When you turn of msn and you come back 8 hours later, your name is immediatly changed, but off course only once. So when you "miss" a change, because you aren't online, the next change is when you sign in. The one after that is again 3 hours later, off course if you are still online then (or again online).

So your name is changed after "interval" seconds (or after a whole day), or later if you aren't online at the moment of change. It is never changed earlier (as long as you don't change the interval).

The only problem is installing it. After a long research I found out howto install it at windows XP (copy the dll to a dir that's not the msgplus plugin dir, then register it using regasm and load it into the GAC) but that doesn't work at windows 98. Any help is welcome, if you know howto install VB.NET or C#.NET plugins, please contact me. Off course I don't mean "know how it should work" because I read all the manuals ;-). But if you've got source code of a VB.NET of C#.NET plugin, and you are able to install it at all computers with msg plus!, then I would really like to have your help! (of course I do know users need the .NET framework, that isn't the problem)

RE: plugin to change my display name by CookieRevised on 10-01-2005 at 12:08 AM

Maybe these will help:
Addin made in C#
C# Plugin Framework

RE: plugin to change my display name by gazzrenn on 10-04-2005 at 02:34 PM

Hey there folks..

I was just searching the web for a plugin for MSN that would change my display name and found myself here..

I was looking for something that would accept a time from me in the form of an input text box, a word input %mytext% and have my MSN name count down to that point in time.

i.e if i specify friday 5:00pm as my target time... my MSN name will change every minute saying XXhrs XXmins until %mytext%.

Does anyone think this would be plausable ?

RE: plugin to change my display name by crank on 10-04-2005 at 02:51 PM

already exists:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=39855
;)

RE: plugin to change my display name by gazzrenn on 10-05-2005 at 08:17 AM

Awesome ! Thank you lots !

Apologies for not doing a search before posting :S

RE: plugin to change my display name by J-Thread on 10-05-2005 at 11:32 AM

I've released a betá version. I made a new thread, please read my whole post before posting:)

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=51412