Shoutbox

Can't sign in with edited name - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Can't sign in with edited name (/showthread.php?tid=50483)

Can't sign in with edited name by Netsplitter on 09-14-2005 at 10:54 AM

This may sound ridiculous, but I have myself on my contact list. I like to know what my name looks like.

That said, what happens is that if I colour my name, or use a custom name on my own email/contact, it changes to that name when I try to sign in.

Eg. I used the custom name "AAA" in my contact list. I close MSN and open it again. I've typed in my address, then click 'Sign In'. The e-mail changes to "AAA" which prevents me from signing in.

I'm guessing this is pointless :)

If it helps I'm using the latest versions of MSN and MsgPlus, but I think it happened in previous versions as well.

RE: Can't sign in with edited name by Sunshine on 09-14-2005 at 12:06 PM

This is because the current Plus! isn't fully compatible with MSNM 7.5.

New Plus! will be released on the 27th. Till then i advice you to either not use custom names or to go back to MSNM 7.0.

RE: Can't sign in with edited name by RaceProUK on 09-14-2005 at 12:10 PM

Or just remove the custom name on your address.

RE: Can't sign in with edited name by s_spiff on 09-20-2005 at 12:16 PM

I also happened to notice, that many times the new Cutom Name simple doesn't appear! I changed it a couple of times, and it still displayed the age old one. Same problem? I'm using MSN 7.5, and latest Plus.

RE: Can't sign in with edited name by cardshark on 09-20-2005 at 03:25 PM

You could also use one of the programs that supports polygamy, get a second screen name, and start a second instance of Messenger to check that way, instead of having to log off from the first one.