Shoutbox

How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? (/showthread.php?tid=50497)

How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by booboo on 09-14-2005 at 07:02 PM

Hi,
I was wondering how you would set up my bios to get the most out of my pc?
Could anyone help me?
It's BIOS is Award!
Thanks

RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by brian on 09-14-2005 at 07:04 PM

BIOS isn't what to check, BIOS is the utility to overclock your CPU, the main "heart" of the computer.  Overclocking your CPU may cause damage to your computer, I don't recommand that, unless you know what you are doing.

Telling us your CPU would help us too. ;)

RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by booboo on 09-14-2005 at 07:06 PM

erm it's ADM i think?

RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by brian on 09-14-2005 at 07:07 PM

AMD you are meaning, but there are alots of kinda of AMD processers, you should tell us which one it is.

RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by booboo on 09-14-2005 at 07:10 PM

I couldnt tell you, as i cant find it. I think it's under the grill and i dont want to take it off :P.
When ever i try running programs to tell me what it is it says uknown.

RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by paperless on 09-14-2005 at 07:33 PM

lol From your comments i see you dont know much.

Doing overclock without knowing your processor..i mean.. thats killing your PC..

RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by [MR] on 09-14-2005 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by booboo
I couldnt tell you, as i cant find it

right click on my computer and then go to properties or go to control panel and go to system ...it should tel u your processor there.
RE: RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by Editor on 09-15-2005 at 01:35 AM

quote:
erm it's ADM i think?

Its a wind up isn't it:P
RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by booboo on 09-15-2005 at 07:13 AM

No, it's not!
Here I'll show you what i mean :)
[Image: attachment.php?pid=535540]

RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by kao on 09-15-2005 at 07:30 AM

it could be an Athlon XP. I have an Athlon XP Barton and it says Unknown CPU type aswell.

But it could be a sempron :p try and find out what L2 cache it has with something like Everest Home edition.

see attachment

RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by JDawg_0789 on 09-15-2005 at 03:11 PM

Try going Start>Run>dxdiag. That should tell you the Processor on the first tab. If not, the BIOS should tell you when you first start the computer and it's running the various boot tests. The basic guide for overclocking is to gradually move it higher until the computer refuses to boot. Periodically check the temperature that your computer is running at as well to ensure that it doesn't overheat. When the computer won't boot, open the case, pop out the battery, and put it back in, to reset. I wouldn't recommend this if you aren't absolutely POSITIVE of what you're doing. Also, this WILL reduce the overall life of your processor.

RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by booboo on 09-15-2005 at 03:57 PM

No it says unknown.
And on the bios it says unknown cpu type.
If i did boot up the overcloking would the proccessor last more than 4months?

RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by Nathan on 09-15-2005 at 04:12 PM

Try that program Kao gave you and if that doesnt work then try updating the bios?
Try upgrading the BIOS.

RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by kao on 09-15-2005 at 04:15 PM

quote:
No it says unknown.
And on the bios it says unknown cpu type.
If i did boot up the overcloking would the proccessor last more than 4months?
did you look at my post? everest will tell you, i have the same, everything says Unknown CPU type, everest says what it is though.

don't try overclocking if you still have a stock heatsink and no special cooling in your case, it's probably not worth it
RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by booboo on 09-15-2005 at 04:21 PM

Yep it works!
[Image: attachment.php?pid=535707]
Could you help me know please?

RE: How do you set up your BIOS settings for maximum speed? by kao on 09-15-2005 at 04:31 PM

well like i said, if you don't have good cooling in the pc i wouldn't suggest overclocking it.