Shoutbox

MessengerPlus for Windows Mobile/Pocket PC's - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: MessengerPlus for Windows Mobile/Pocket PC's (/showthread.php?tid=50499)

MessengerPlus for Windows Mobile/Pocket PC's by Re-Flex on 09-14-2005 at 07:14 PM

I thought it would be a great idea to create a version to Windows Mobile based units.

I'm not saying it should have all the features as the desktop version has, but just a few ones. Especielly the feature of renaming the contacts. PDA's and other mobile units are often very limited in display size so it would be nice to be able to shorten the contacts names. Further more the ability to sort the contacts in categories and not only Online/Offline, which the default.

I don't now if this would be a lot of work, but I think it would be appreciated by alot of people...

Best regards
Jakob Laursen

...And thanks for a great produkt for the desktop version of MSN.

RE: MessengerPlus for Windows Mobile/Pocket PC's by _Humphreys on 09-14-2005 at 07:17 PM

I don't think this would work due to the way Plus! hooks on to MSN and what the Pocket PC is capable off.

RE: MessengerPlus for Windows Mobile/Pocket PC's by brian on 09-14-2005 at 07:23 PM

Again, Patchou said that he will always work on Windows and will never go on any other platforms.

RE: MessengerPlus for Windows Mobile/Pocket PC's by Patchou on 09-14-2005 at 07:23 PM

Some things could be done but not much... last time I checked, Windows Mobile didn't have hooking capabilities.

RE: MessengerPlus for Windows Mobile/Pocket PC's by RaceProUK on 09-14-2005 at 08:17 PM

It's not just the hooking, but also the availability of an API to use.