Shoutbox

Feature/Plugin Request: GTalk style convo history - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Feature/Plugin Request: GTalk style convo history (/showthread.php?tid=50522)

Feature/Plugin Request: GTalk style convo history by rossco_2005 on 09-15-2005 at 01:33 AM

When I gave Google Talk a try, I liked the feature it has that it keeps your last few convos in the window the next time you open it, greyed out. Even after singing out and coming back, you can see your last convo in a convo window.

I would really like to see this option in MSN messenger, and thought i would probably get a quicker and better response from the MSG Plus! guys that Microsoft. :P

If no one understands wht i'm talking about I can take a screen shot of this, I just cant right now because there's no one on my google talk list to open a convo with at the moment...:(

RE: Feature/Plugin Request: GTalk style convo history by [MR] on 09-15-2005 at 02:05 AM

in the next msg plus there is tabbed conversations if thats what u want

RE: Feature/Plugin Request: GTalk style convo history by Alfa_Romeo on 09-15-2005 at 02:06 AM

hmm...doesn't sound like something too hard to do, just save the last few sentences in a file then recall them later.  I could do most of it, but no Idea about the recalling part yet, still a beginner. :P

RE: Feature/Plugin Request: GTalk style convo history by rossco_2005 on 09-15-2005 at 02:15 AM

Here is the screenshot of what I meant...I was able to open the convo without the user being online. :)

[Image: gtalk7wz.th.gif]
As you can see, the grey is the last convo, and the black text is the new one. There is also a date stamp below the old convo.

RE: Feature/Plugin Request: GTalk style convo history by dotNorma on 09-15-2005 at 03:19 AM

It is possible, as it doesnt depend on anything protocol wise.

However, I personally will not make it because I find it very annoying to shrink my scrollbar to "minisize" for no given reason.

But  I can atleast confirm for you that it is possible, and actually semieasy. :grin:

RE: Feature/Plugin Request: GTalk style convo history by -dt- on 09-15-2005 at 05:12 AM

using the msn logging (not the messenger plus logs) you can turn this feture on by going to
tools , options , and tick "show my last conversation in new conversation windows"

RE: Feature/Plugin Request: GTalk style convo history by _Humphreys on 09-15-2005 at 07:24 AM

w00t I didn't know you could do this for MSN. I'll use it as I think it's pretty neat.

RE: RE: Feature/Plugin Request: GTalk style convo history by rossco_2005 on 09-15-2005 at 05:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
using the msn logging (not the messenger plus logs) you can turn this feture on by going to
tools , options , and tick "show my last conversation in new conversation windows"

I didn't notice that feature :lol:

Thanks, i'm trying it out now.