Shoutbox

help on making a plug in (first ever) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: help on making a plug in (first ever) (/showthread.php?tid=50528)

help on making a plug in (first ever) by guanako on 09-15-2005 at 04:31 AM

this may sound boring to some of you but i saw, the news on mess.be about makin a plugin and stuff, and i got an idea for a plug in, but i have no clue how to even star,

what i have in mind is everytime you sign in to Msngr a box will ask you 'what is your sefl-esteem today?' (i know its kinda lame but it can be some other question)and you will chose from 1 to 5 or 1 to 10 rate and it will show as stars on you personal message (*)(*)(*(*)

[Image: attachment.php?pid=535509]

RE: help on meking a plug in by ddunk on 09-15-2005 at 04:33 AM

For starters, it's "self-esteem" not just steem.

Secondly, do you have any prior programming knowledge? VB/C++/whatever? Telling us that will help a whole lot.

RE: help on meking a plug in by guanako on 09-15-2005 at 04:35 AM

no experience at all, i missspelled that sorry, but i have no xperience:$  this would be my 1st time programin if i can call it that.

RE: help on making a plug in (first ever) by brian on 09-15-2005 at 10:38 AM

Then it's going to be to hard for you, honest.

RE: help on making a plug in (first ever) by RaceProUK on 09-15-2005 at 11:54 AM

Start off with some simple programs first, like a 'Hello World', then something to display a message box, little things. Then you can start doing more, like getting input, processing it, and generating output.

RE: help on making a plug in (first ever) by L. Coyote on 09-15-2005 at 12:04 PM

Making a plug-in with little or no knowledge in programming it's the hardest thing you can think of.

Especially, what you want to do is kind of hard, currently. I have yet to find a way to use the PSM feature in my plugins (although I'm technically a beginner :tongue:).

Like raceprouk, I'd recommend doing other things, as stand-alone, learning projects, before attempting to make a plug-in.

There are many tutorials out there, most are aimed at people who never did any programming. Just look (aka Google) around the net. ;)