Shoutbox

MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! (/showthread.php?tid=50537)

MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by redbo7 on 09-15-2005 at 11:23 AM

Hi any1. Is any1 havin the same log in problem as me with msn 7.5? When I sign in it says that the service is temp unavailable but when I check the service status 4 MSN it says its stable and running ok????????????????????????????????????? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by planetops on 09-15-2005 at 11:48 AM

Maybe you have to check your firewall settings...

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by RaceProUK on 09-15-2005 at 11:59 AM

First, ensure that your firewall isn't blocking Messenger. If the problem still occurs, then tell us what the error number is.

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by Mike on 09-15-2005 at 12:41 PM

Also, if you checked your firewall, and you allow it access, then, try using MSNServersX, switch to another server and tell us if it is working.

Also, did it used to work and suddenly, it doesnt?

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by redbo7 on 09-15-2005 at 03:53 PM

yeah thanx 4 the replies ppl basically I used version 7.0 4 ages then when offered the chance to upgrade I did. I installed as normal and followed all necessary instructions. was then prompted to sign in. I typed my email add which took ages to type in then password and it said MSN Messenger temp unavailable? I checked the service status and it was fine. MSN sent me a full blown list of instructions to try and correct the possible problems and it still isnt working? I even signed up a new account and nothing? The firewalls r ok etc the only thing I am unsure about is when u go to connections in the trouble shooting section it says my default gateway is offline??????????

Yes when I installed version 7.5 it just didnt work when about 10 mins previous version 7.0 was wrkin fine? Its weird how its just stopped? I h8 the way it says temp unavailable when the service status says everything is wrkin? VERY ANNOYING Im lost without Messenger.
there wasnt no error number just a message box sayin MSN Messenger service is temporarily unavailble try again later with three options underneath, Retry, Cancel & Help all of which r about as much use as a limp $$$! in a brothel
RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by Mike on 09-15-2005 at 04:58 PM

Please don't double post.
Use the [Image: edit.gif] button instead [Image: msn_happy.gif]

Now, back on topic, did you try the program I posted?

Did it work?

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by redbo7 on 09-15-2005 at 09:27 PM

its wrked now which server shall I use?

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by Mike on 09-15-2005 at 09:36 PM

What does it say? :)

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by redbo7 on 09-15-2005 at 09:51 PM

i chose the 1st server ~messenger.hotmail.com tested it, it sed it was online so I set it as my server went to sign in again and its still sayin service temp unavailable? Am I doin it right?

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by zaher1988 on 09-15-2005 at 09:58 PM

look i'm sure you still have windows messenger installed on your pc, the 4.7 try to use it now! , check if it sign in or not!.

then also try to go back to the 7.0.4 version, and try to check if it's working!.,

also try to download a new copy of  msn messenger 7.5.299 from the official site, messenger.msn.com.

best regards

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by qgroessl on 09-16-2005 at 02:02 AM

Double posting and talking like that are two ways to get people to not reply anymore ;).... Anyway! Go to www.mess.be and download 7.0 from there if you need it... I don't see why 7.5 isn't working for you, cause it's working for me...

Try uninstalling Messenger Plus! and just running MSN Messenger... or if you have stuffplug-NG.... disable that and it might do the trick... I'm pretty sure that there is a known bug with Stuffplug that can make MSN crash... I'm not sure if it affects loggin in at all though.

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by zaher1988 on 09-16-2005 at 07:36 AM

Look Redbo7 !! 1st thanks for your words, though they are not recommended!

look uninstall all things related to msn messenger, like qgroessl said, and also uninstall msn messenger! make sure you clear everything!. then find the 7.0 in somewhere like mess.be or search through yahoo! , if it works, then download A NEW VERSION of msn messenger 7.5.299 from the official website and upgrade your 7.0. this should work!

and what i mentioned by 4.6 i mean the msn messenger that comes with WIN XP which also called windows messenger , the old version i mean, it still working.

Regards

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by Mike on 09-16-2005 at 09:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by redbo7
i chose the 1st server ~messenger.hotmail.com tested it,
it sed it was online so I set it as my server went to sign in again and
its still sayin service temp unavailable? Am I doin it right?

Try choosing another server, because I think that messenger.hotmail.com is the default one that MSN uses... :)

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by planetops on 09-16-2005 at 09:58 AM

Hello guys!
I'm sure it is a firewall problem, I've got the same:
Mine is Kaspersky Anti-Hacker, and I had to allow the new msnmsgr.exe for connections, because the new EXE is different.

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by redbo7 on 09-16-2005 at 11:04 AM

sorry ppl I wasnt throwin abuse @ any1 in particular im just frustrated with mssgr. I'll try the new ways th@ av bin suggested n c wot happens. I apologise 4 my actions and select choice of words. Thanx 4 evry1s help so far :)

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by redbo7 on 09-16-2005 at 11:34 AM

HOOOOOORAAAAAAAY FINALLY PROBLEM SOLVED. I mnaged to find version 7.0 to dwnld. works fine now. I WONT BOTHER WITH VRSION 7.5 HAHAHAHA. Thanks again u guys 4 ur hep and once again sorry 4 my colourful language I used ystdy. Hope u all have a nice day cya soon buddies :) :) ;) ;0

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by 0n1l1nk on 09-17-2005 at 03:01 PM

I was having the same problem, but MSN 7.5 is not compatible with MSGPLUS's current version. I was getting error 80004005 and it woudl not connect me and I closed msgplus and bam it signed in right away.

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by mwe99 on 09-17-2005 at 03:55 PM

If you have problems with MSN you should report it to them, if the problem is with MSN, no forum member can help you. If you are running Plus! please disable or uninstall it as the new version is released 27th Sept

RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by Sunshine on 09-17-2005 at 04:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
If you have problems with MSN you should report it to them, if the problem is with MSN, no forum member can help you. If you are running Plus! please disable or uninstall it as the new version is released 27th Sept
Mhmm, bad explanation..sorry

Current Plus! isn't fully compatible with MSNM 7.5. If you still wish to run MSNM 7.5 then disable customnames in Plus! preferences (plus > preferences > contactlist > custom names). If besides Plus! you are using Stuffplug NG make sure you get the beta for MSNM 7.5 (oversized DPs cause these problems) at http://www.stuffplug.com wich is 95% compatible with MSNM 7.5 (only thing not working correctly is the ignore feature).

If you still wish to use customnames stick to MSNM 7.0.0816 till the new Plus! release at the 27th.

What is correct is that you should disable Plus! before reporting problems to Microsoft/MSN to find out wether it's Plus! causing it or MSNM itself.
RE: MSN Messenger Version 7.5 WONT WORK!! by ericzzz on 05-30-2006 at 09:17 PM

hi my name is eirc ii have a fire wall and i turned it off my msn messenger still does not work what do i do 80048820