Shoutbox

Voice Answering machine and offline messages - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Voice Answering machine and offline messages (/showthread.php?tid=50603)

Voice Answering machine and offline messages by alegator on 09-17-2005 at 11:09 AM

Yahoo Messenger has this cool feature, even if one of your contacts is offline you can send him offline messages and even leave him a voice message in his answering machine. When that contact comes online he can both read the message and retireve the voice message. I was wondering since competition is so fierce these days, does MSN plan on adding this feature? I wonder why it hasn't yet...

RE: Voice Answering machine and offline messages by Anubis on 09-17-2005 at 11:11 AM

If your contact has Web2Messenger they can recieve offline text messages via someone sending a message to them from a website, and then a bot will deliver a message when they next sign in.
As for why no voice messages, it's likely because this would use a lot of server space on the MSN server.

RE: Voice Answering machine and offline messages by alegator on 09-17-2005 at 11:16 AM

I meant having offline messages built in MSN without hte need to resort to 3rd party solutions. And regarding voice messages  it all comes down to investing in server space to compete...and Microsoft has the $$$.

RE: Voice Answering machine and offline messages by Menthix on 09-17-2005 at 11:27 AM

I'm sure many people here find it a great idea, but the are no MSN Messenger developers for visit this dorum frequently. If you want it built in to MSN, suggest it to the official team :). But i'm not sure what is the best way to contact them atm.