Shoutbox

iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 (/showthread.php?tid=50606)

iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by MC Inferno on 09-17-2005 at 01:20 PM

i heard iTunes 5 was out, so i decded to get it. installation went fine, then it stucvk on the basics of quicktime 7 on my pc too, so i could use it. but then the problem began. it told me, iTunes need QT7 and i only had 6.5. but thats bollox, coz id jus dun it. so i ran the installation again. same problem.

i went and ownloaded QT7 by itself off the apple website. installed perfctly, but nope, told me i needed 7, coz im a 6.5 type of person. :|

so i went fuck it. uninstalled both of em and deicded to go back to iTunes 4.5 frm the Cd i got last year. but yet another problem..... now its telin me theres a nerwer version of iunes so i cant :| i need iTunes to sync to my ipod, so whilst i could get winamp or somethin and get a plug in (which i tried and it really fucked my ipod up) i' really need iTunes for the iPod, so can any1, give me sum help?

RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by ShawnZ on 09-17-2005 at 01:34 PM

uninstall them both, install quicktime 7 first, restart, then install iTunes 5.

RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by albert on 09-17-2005 at 01:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
uninstall them both, install quicktime 7 first, restart, then install iTunes 5.

You could do that, or simply recreate my computer situation, unistall them both, then simply run ITUNES 5.0 setup, it will install Itunes 7.0 at the same time :)
RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by lordy on 09-18-2005 at 07:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15

You could do that, or simply recreate my computer situation, unistall them both, then simply run ITUNES 5.0 setup, it will install Itunes 7.0 at the same time

make that quicktime 7.0 :p
RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by matty on 09-18-2005 at 03:17 PM

Install iTunes 5.0
Goto Add/Remove Programs and select QuickTime
Choose Uninstall Everything

Reboot
Install Quicktime 7.0
That should work.

RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by MC Inferno on 09-18-2005 at 07:55 PM

i di wat matty suggested but QT isnt installing after uninstalling everything.

Edit: its also with noting that itunes and quicktime are in the same installation thing, it wont let me download them seperately, im jus using QT fopriTunes, i int got the pro version

RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by Concord Dawn on 09-18-2005 at 08:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MC Inferno
i di wat matty suggested but QT isnt installing after uninstalling everything.

Edit: its also with noting that itunes and quicktime are in the same installation thing, it wont let me download them seperately, im jus using QT fopriTunes, i int got the pro version

Uninstall both iTunes and QT, and then reinstall iTunes 5.0 (worked for me).
RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by MC Inferno on 09-18-2005 at 08:30 PM

jus tried that, whats happening is that iTunes insalls fine, but QT isnt. i have 3 places in my quick launch bar (iTunes, desktop and internet explorer), the rest i press a button and the rest pop up. the button is there, but nothing pops up. QT isnt by the clock and isnt in the add or remopve programs. but i can watch QT get installed durin installtion and it tells me it was ine. but nothing happens. it weird :S

(iv tried installing iTunes and QT installer 4 times btw, twice from the iTunes bit and twice from the QT bit)

RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by matty on 09-18-2005 at 09:07 PM

quote:
jus tried that, whats happening is that iTunes insalls fine, but QT isnt. i have 3 places in my quick launch bar (iTunes, desktop and internet explorer), the rest i press a button and the rest pop up. the button is there, but nothing pops up. QT isnt by the clock and isnt in the add or remopve programs. but i can watch QT get installed durin installtion and it tells me it was ine. but nothing happens. it weird :S

(iv tried installing iTunes and QT installer 4 times btw, twice from the iTunes bit and twice from the QT bit)
Check your PM i sent you my email address for MSN. I can help you out when I get home from work.
RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by MC Inferno on 09-18-2005 at 09:26 PM

sound, waiting for you to get home den :D

RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by matty on 09-19-2005 at 03:29 AM

quote:
sound, waiting for you to get home den :D
Problem solved now.

Had him delete the Quicktime folder from Program Files
And delete HKLM\Software\Apple Computer Inc.\Quicktime from the registry and install Quicktime 7 from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html
RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by Ben™ on 09-19-2005 at 04:11 AM

A few people having problems with it then eh?

I got home from my vacation today and installed iTunes 5, but to my horror, Windows says iTunes needs to be closed 'cuz it's crashed as soon as I run it.
Anyone got a solution?

RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by matty on 09-19-2005 at 04:22 AM

If you check the Event Viewer (Control Panel > Administrator Tools > Event Viewer) what does it say for iTunes under Applications?

RE: iTunes 5 Needs Quicktime 7.0 by Ben™ on 09-19-2005 at 04:44 AM

Nevermind. I removed it, installed 4.8, then upgraded to 5 and it works :S