Shoutbox

msn 7.5 and msgplus incompatible? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: msn 7.5 and msgplus incompatible? (/showthread.php?tid=50609)

msn 7.5 and msgplus incompatible? by 0n1l1nk on 09-17-2005 at 03:14 PM

Well, I downloaded MSN 7.5.0224 (i thik) beta not too long ago, and it logged in once. then never agian, so i went bakc to 7.0.0816, then I wa son mess.be last night and i saw 7.5.0303 so i was like "ok lets try it" and again, i could log in once, then never again, kept getting error 80004005. I was pretty angry, but MSN trouble shooting and help center had no help. So I reinstalled msn, getting rid of the mess pathc, and nothing. I was so confused but then I closed MSN, closed MSGPLUS, then re-opened MSN and bam, worked fine :D

So I draw conclusions that msn 7.5 is not compatible with the current version of msgplus, or at least unstable for some users. Is there any way I can get a beta of msg plus that is fully compatible, or will one be commig out soon? next update is the 27th? so far away T-T!!

If anyone else is getting unable to connect errors, i hope this helps :D:D:D

RE: msn 7.5 and msgplus incompatible? by Sunshine on 09-17-2005 at 03:26 PM

Plus! is indeed not fully compatible yet...main prob is custom names. And no you can't get Plus! beta..you will have to wait like everybody else...advice: for now stick to 7.0.0816 or don't use custom names.

If you are using SPNG make sure you got the beta for MSNM 7.5 wich is 95% compatible (www.stuffplug.com). Oversized DPs cause similar problems.

RE: msn 7.5 and msgplus incompatible? by 0n1l1nk on 09-17-2005 at 03:32 PM

so if i set the display to names not emails (custom names) it should work?

edit: didnt work x_o

when i have msgplus runnign and i load messenger, the logi name is my first name D; but whne i close msgplus it goes to my email o-o;;

RE: msn 7.5 and msgplus incompatible? by L. Coyote on 09-17-2005 at 03:39 PM

Did you try disabling Custom Names from MsgPlus!'s options?

RE: msn 7.5 and msgplus incompatible? by 0n1l1nk on 09-17-2005 at 03:40 PM

nope, i will ry that now :o! *totally slipped my mind x_o*

wow, it worked, nice :D thanks ^^

so i guess if anyone gets a trouble shooting error just disable cusotm names, close msn, reload msn and it should work :D:D:D

RE: msn 7.5 and msgplus incompatible? by Menthix on 09-17-2005 at 04:40 PM

It's not just custom names. My sister had such errors too and didn't use custom names. I just removed Messenger Plus! from her system because she said she didn't really use it anyway, so i don't know what DID caused it... but it wqasn't custom names.

But there will be a new version the 27th of this month anyway, that one shouldn't have any problem at all with 7.5.

RE: msn 7.5 and msgplus incompatible? by leannebowman on 09-26-2005 at 05:24 PM

wow, removing the custom names option worked for me ive been trying for weeks to get this damn thing to work thanx guys!!!

RE: msn 7.5 and msgplus incompatible? by leannebowman on 09-26-2005 at 05:28 PM

oh, and anyone who can work 7.5 using this option you can enable the custom names once you got 7.5 up and running and logged in then it will go back to how you had your custom names set up previously. You'll prob have to disable this option when ya wanna sign in again tho!