Shoutbox

Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? (/showthread.php?tid=50624)

Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by RebelSean on 09-18-2005 at 01:44 AM

Last year I had a nice sig made, and I was going through my pictures and I found it. So, I'm wondering if someone could do some editing of it. In the bottom right corner, it says Mess.be Mod, can someone remove that (Nicely). Also, can someone please identify the font on the sig and the size in which is being used in the bottom right corner for the mess.be mod.

Thanks in advance.

RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by matty on 09-18-2005 at 02:38 AM

[Image: attachment.php?pid=536809]

No idea about the font.

RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by RebelSean on 09-18-2005 at 02:48 AM

You win Matty! Thanks alot bro :D. Now to figure out the font for my countdown to be stuck on it.

Does someone want to help me with the code now for my image? The code is for JPEG functions, and I need it to work on GIF.

code:
<?

header("Content-type: image/jpeg");

$to_go = mktime(0, 0, 0, 12, 25, 2005) - time();

$days = ceil($to_go / (60 * 60 * 24));
$hours = ($to_go / (60 * 60)) % 24;
$minutes = ($to_go / 60) % 60;
$seconds = $to_go % 60;

$str = $days . " " . ($days == 1 ? "day" : "days") . ", " . $hours . " " . ($hours == 1 ? "hour" : "hours") . ",";
$str2 = $minutes . " " . ($minutes == 1 ? "minute" : "minutes") . " and " . $seconds . " " . ($seconds == 1 ? "second" : "seconds");

$image = ImageCreateFromjpeg("christmas.jpg");
$white    = ImageColorAllocate($image, 255, 255, 255);

imagettftext($image, 13, 0, 35, 60, $white, 'SCRIPTBL.TTF', $str);
imagettftext($image, 13, 0, 40, 80, $white, 'SCRIPTBL.TTF', $str2);
imagettftext($image, 11, 0, 115, 100, $white, 'SCRIPTBL.TTF', 'to christmas 2005..');

Imagejpeg($image);
ImageDestroy($image);

?>

RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by -dt- on 09-18-2005 at 03:45 AM

Umm

find  ImageCreateFromjpeg  change to  ImageCreateFromgif
header("Content-type: image/jpeg");   to header("Content-type: image/gif");
imagejpeg to imagegif

that should make it work with gifs.

also btw im guessing your host dosnt have the latest GD which allows animations so when you load your animated christmas gif it will take the first frame , write text to it and output it killing the cool snow.

RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by RebelSean on 09-18-2005 at 04:12 AM

Animations work on my site o.O?

[Image: christmas.gif]

RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by WDZ on 09-18-2005 at 04:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
Animations work on my site o.O?
Of course you can host them, but what -dt- is saying is that the animation will be lost if you use a PHP script with GD to process that image. In other words, the resulting image when you do imagegif($image) will be just the first frame.
RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by RebelSean on 09-18-2005 at 04:42 AM

How do I animate it then? I got everything working fine now, and I have the sig up.

[Image: christmas2.php]

P.S. Can you unbann me from the shoutbox now? Been a week.

RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by -dt- on 09-18-2005 at 05:01 AM

hmm well Im guessing your server would most likely have the ImageMagick binary installed so you could use exec() in php to excucute it from command line to create an animated picture...
http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/07/01/1959251&from=rss
http://www.imagemagick.org/script/command-line-options.php

RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by dotNorma on 09-18-2005 at 05:06 AM

For the font try

http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/agfa/galahad/regular/

Its to little and close together for WhatTheFont to identify well.

RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by RebelSean on 09-18-2005 at 05:09 AM

It's all good now Norma Jean. I'm just going to use what font I have on there for the script.

Now to get it animating. -dt- that post is like greek to me :p. Got step-by-step instructions?

RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by -dt- on 09-18-2005 at 06:57 AM

download http://random.thedt.net/imagemagick.class.phps rename it as a php file and upload it somewhere on your server then run it.
it should create a file called "texttest.gif" which will look like
[Image: texttest.gif]

if that works tell me and ill keep working on getting your signature to work :P

edit:

pfft i went ahead and made one that works.
should update every 60sec.

also your christmas.gif must be in the same directory

the font and stuff can be changed but i didnt know what you wanted.

code:
<?php

if(file_exists('signature.gif')){
$modifiedTime = time() - filemtime('signature.gif');
if($modifiedTime<60){
outputFile();
exit;
}
}

$to_go = mktime(0, 0, 0, 12, 25, 2005) - time();

$days = ceil($to_go / (60 * 60 * 24));
$hours = ($to_go / (60 * 60)) % 24;
$minutes = ($to_go / 60) % 60;
$seconds = $to_go % 60;

$str = $days . " " . ($days == 1 ? "day" : "days") . ", " . $hours . " " . ($hours == 1 ? "hour" : "hours") . ",";
$str2 = $minutes . " " . ($minutes == 1 ? "minute" : "minutes") . " and " . $seconds . " " . ($seconds == 1 ? "second" : "seconds");

$cmd = <<<eot
convert   christmas.gif -coalesce -gravity northwest  -fill black -draw "text 325,40 '$str'" -draw "text 325,50 '$str2'" -draw "text 325,60 'till christmas'" -deconstruct signature.gif
eot
;

exec($cmd);
outputFile();

function outputFile(){
header("Content-type: image/gif");
echo file_get_contents('signature.gif');
}

?>

example of code... (mine updates every 240sec though)

[Image: rebalsig.php]
RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by RebelSean on 09-18-2005 at 04:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
download http://random.thedt.net/imagemagick.class.phps rename it as a php file and upload it somewhere on your server then run it.
it should create a file called "texttest.gif" which will look like
[Image: texttest.gif]

if that works tell me and ill keep working on getting your signature to work :P

I downloaded the code off that page and stuck it in a php file, and this what it looks like :s:

http://www.messengermad.com/Sean/christmas/blah.php
RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by -dt- on 09-19-2005 at 05:41 AM

quote:
I downloaded the code off that page and stuck it in a php file, and this what it looks like :
blah your running php4 so when i use the public to delcare the class varible it fails.

look at my edit of that post and use that code it should work

RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by RebelSean on 09-19-2005 at 10:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by -dt-
quote:
I downloaded the code off that page and stuck it in a php file, and this what it looks like :
blah your running php4 so when i use the public to delcare the class varible it fails.

look at my edit of that post and use that code it should work

Er, it updates every 4 minutes. How do I make it update every second? Like I have it now?
RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by Ash_ on 09-19-2005 at 10:51 PM

code:
if(file_exists('signature.gif')){
$modifiedTime = time() - filemtime('signature.gif');
if($modifiedTime<60){
outputFile();
exit;
}
}

is the if statement which decides whether or not to re-write. if you remove it the picture will update on each view.
RE: Edit a sig for me? Identify a font to? by RebelSean on 09-20-2005 at 09:05 PM

When I create that script -dt-, I get this now :S:

[Image: sig2.php]

The counter doesn't work :S.

@Ash_, when I removed that few lines of code, the script doesn't load anymore :undecided:.