Shoutbox

v3.54 causes lockup on 2nd hibernation or standby in XP SP2 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: v3.54 causes lockup on 2nd hibernation or standby in XP SP2 (/showthread.php?tid=50625)

v3.54 causes lockup on 2nd hibernation or standby in XP SP2 by Rashiki on 09-18-2005 at 05:15 AM

I made a new discovery recently.  I had v3.54 installed on my computer.  I usually leave MSN Messenger running all the time and just put my computer into hibernation mode, or standby mode, without any problem.

Recently, I stopped running MSN Messenger all the time and have not been using it, but then I discovered that on the 2nd hibernation, or standby, my computer will just lockup when going into hibernation, or standby.  I even tried killing the MessengerPlus.exe process, but no such luck.

I tried uninstalling v3.54, but the problem still persists.  It appears that the registry has been messed up like this permanently now.  The only way that I can get hibernation and standby to work properly for now is to leave MSN Messenger running down in the system tray (don't have to be logged on) at all times.  The behavior, I'd assume (in terms of having to leave MSN Messenger running down in the tray to get hibernation and standby to work properly now), is the same whether I have v3.54 still installed, or uninstalled.  I've only tested this behavior (of getting hibernation and standby to work again) with v3.54 uninstalled.

I'm running MSN Messenger 7.0.0816 on Windows XP Home SP2 with all the current patches.  I'm pretty sure I have the most recent release of v3.54 (if there were more than one), but can't be sure now that it's uninstalled.

Any help (or an update, or registry repair/fix) would be appreciated.  Thanks.

RE: v3.54 causes lockup on 2nd hibernation or standby in XP SP2 by absorbation on 09-18-2005 at 10:55 AM

Please I suggest you do a virus scan as that process is wrong it should be MsgPlus.exe

There was a virus going around about a fake messenger plus! but i do not remember this being part of the virus :S

http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=48838

That thread explains that virus, but it could be something else, i do not know hoepfully someone could explain better or prove me wrong ;)

RE: v3.54 causes lockup on 2nd hibernation or standby in XP SP2 by Eljay on 09-18-2005 at 11:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Rashiki
MessengerPlus.exe

the real messenger plus process is msgplus.exe
RE: v3.54 causes lockup on 2nd hibernation or standby in XP SP2 by Lieter on 09-18-2005 at 05:07 PM

true.. and i hibernate my comp all the time and none of this is happening with me XP Pro though