Shoutbox

Microsoft Antispyware - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Microsoft Antispyware (/showthread.php?tid=50630)

Microsoft Antispyware by Alvinbeo on 09-18-2005 at 12:42 PM

Hi all, my microsoft antispyware always identifies Messenger Plus! as a spyware.

Can anybody here tell me the reasons?

Thank you very much.

RE: Microsoft Antispyware by hexel on 09-18-2005 at 12:49 PM

The petition should be quite informative about that.

RE: Microsoft Antispyware Soloution! by Jacko_all on 09-22-2005 at 06:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Alvinbeo
Hi all, my microsoft antispyware always identifies Messenger Plus! as a spyware.

Can anybody here tell me the reasons?

It happened to me too.

I Installed Messenger plus without the sponsor and still Microsoft AntiSpyware detected it... [Image: throwpc.gif]
This does not confirm that there is spyware in Messenger Plus, But that that the Messenger Plus Software has been identified as a 'bundler software type' and may pose a threat.

If you are not an advanced user, it would seem that Messenger Plus would be as a fact spyware, THIS IS SIMPLY NOT THE CASE!

[Image: rocknana.gif] I did how ever manage to resolve that issue. [Image: rocknana.gif]

I put it on the "Ignore Spyware Threats" list.  It's that simple.

DO NOT QUARANTINE IT! If you do, you will make a mess of it {The Microsoft Anti-spyware Quarantine lacks performance when re-integrating the quarantined item} and you will have to re-install Mess Plus after taking it out of quarantine.
Yes, this process initially is a hassle <putting it on an ignore list> when it comes up, but well worth it.

I hope this helps everyone...

:plus2: I love Mess Plus and have used it religiously and endorse this message :plus2:

RE: RE: Microsoft Antispyware Soloution! by joao267 on 09-22-2005 at 08:09 PM

I use Microsoft Anti-Spyware too, and it said that msg plus is a thread, but i know that msg plus isn't spyware, so i set it to always ignore msg plus.
And I sign th petition

RE: Microsoft Antispyware by shinji on 09-23-2005 at 08:04 AM

Yea!  It seems we are making progress.  Between my thread bitching about this on the Microsoft antispyware newsgroups, my false positive report that I sent and the petition that patchou has done it is no longer re-flagging msgplus.exe on load.  It is still however flagging the program during a normal scan.  Grrr....