Shoutbox

Nightmares - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Nightmares (/showthread.php?tid=50632)

Nightmares by Negro_Joe on 09-18-2005 at 01:24 PM

This has probs been posted before but what is the scariest nightmare youve ever had, i mean i have wierd ones like the world being taken over by massive bugs and they smash through my window and eat my nan, I had one where i went into my bathroom and some man in a balaclava was downing my parents in a bath :(

Anyway, Traxor had one when we were on our hols, but il let him post it not me, oh how i laughed..:P

RE: Nightmares by hexel on 09-18-2005 at 01:30 PM

All chasing and falling dreams are scary. I recently saw myself falling down from a pretty high building.. Of course, before I could land on the street, I woke up because it hurts to fall off the bed. :P

RE: Nightmares by lordy on 09-18-2005 at 01:37 PM

one theory is that if u have a falling dream and u hit the ground (in the dream) then u die :P like... your body knew it was gunna die sorta thing? so it has a dream that it's falling etc etc.

neways, i use to have this big dog that lived nxt door to me, when i was little, and i was BEYOND scare of it, it terrified me. neways i used to have this dream that i could hear something scratching at my window, and i go to look and it's the dog, and it comes in through my window and lies down on my bed :S this was years ago mind... i dont often have dreams i can remember nemore!

i believe that dreams can tell us somethings about ourselves that are below our conscious level. like for example, that dream i had about the dog could have been telling me that the dog was actually nice and i had no reason to be scared of it, and i knew it subconciously but i didnt/couldnt/didnt want to bring it into my consoius. if that makes sense to anyone... i'll stop babbling now :p

RE: Nightmares by L. Coyote on 09-18-2005 at 01:45 PM

I've had many nightmares in my life. If I were to tell every single nightmare, I would need a whole subforum. :tongue:

I actually enjoy nightmares. Dreams seem boring to me. My nightmares seem to be movie-ish... :tongue:

Anyway, one nightmare:

Not too far from my town, there was a military facility where they were breeding aliens (from the Aliens movies).

They were in a huge depot in normal jail-like cells. There was a screen-like structure around the place, to prevent the aliens from escaping.

A few of my classmates and I, somehow, got in there one night. And I was the only one that knew what was going on, so I urged them to get out of there. One of them accidentally set the aliens free and we were running for our lives!

An army jeep drove into the structure, but it was only one of the secretaries of the facility. So she was killed by one of the aliens...

I don't know how it finished. Pity. :-/

Another nightmare:

I was starting to go blind for some reason. But it wasn't really blindness... It was worse! I was seeing things. My mother thought I had some weird disease in my eyes and wanted me to go through a surgery to correct it.

I would look at my feet and see my dog trying to bite me. He was horrible, angry... And not there! He was right next to my mother, happy, nice!

Then I'd look at the ceiling and see blackness, cables, holes, electricity and bugs... But the ceiling was in a perfect state!

I remember I screamed and my mother hugged me, but in my eyes she wasn't my mother, but a zombie-like being...

Needless to say, that day, after I woke up, I was quite jumpy... :tongue:

I have more, but meh...

One more!

* L. Coyote hides.

I was part of a team that had to get out of a maze (I believe it might have been an alien test). The maze had some spots where you would get thrown through dimensions... While it was risky, we needed to get home (in another dimension)!

We eventually got separated, and I found one of the dimesion hopping spots... I was thrown to another dimesion, but also in a maze. So I figured I was taken to an alternative world in the same spot (maze). So I tried finding my team, but I couldn't contact them through dimesions...

Then I got thrown out of the maze, into a small room with an old lady and a girl... And I had to live with them, but I wanted to go back to the maze to save my team...

Btw, I didn't know anyone in my team... :s
RE: Nightmares by Negro_Joe on 09-18-2005 at 01:46 PM

I can see what you mean there is a big thing about interpreting dreams nowadays...

http://www.dream-interpretation-411.com/

RE: RE: Nightmares by hexel on 09-18-2005 at 02:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lordy16
one theory is that if u have a falling dream and u hit the ground (in the dream) then u die :P like... your body knew it was gunna die sorta thing? so it has a dream that it's falling etc etc.

Now I'll have nightmares that I mustn't fall on the ground. :P

Anyway, I've heard that dreams (especially escaping and falling and stuff like that) reflect our lack of self-confidence or fear of failing in something. Kind of like you'd live over your daytime problems at night.
RE: Nightmares by albert on 09-18-2005 at 02:07 PM

I had a lot of freaky ones when I was younger.. war and everything, but the one that i remember the most, as weird as it seems, is the one in which I was in the metro, and I fell and I got electrocuted.. it was so freaky I could litteraly feel the electricity going throught my body.. I woke up rlly shook..

RE: Nightmares by Negro_Joe on 09-18-2005 at 02:21 PM

I get them another wierd thing about nightmare(this might just be me) is that you feel as if you can wake yourself up at anytime its just you dont....:P wierd

RE: Nightmares by lordy on 09-18-2005 at 02:21 PM

there are many ways of interpretting dreams i suppose, two people can have the exact same dream and interpret it in different ways in response to their own life experiences and whats going on in their lives at the time.

i get those dreams what you know its a dream and u try to wake up as well!! although on time i did try to wake up.... and then in my dream i started randomly saying the alphabet :S im a weirdo

RE: Nightmares by shine on 09-18-2005 at 02:58 PM

You will see 'Good' ones if you have high fever

RE: Nightmares by lordy on 09-18-2005 at 03:04 PM

or you have drunk excessive amounts of alcohol... i've been told. i get weird dreams after having one glass of wine (or a cup of coffee) and going to bed

RE: Nightmares by hexel on 09-18-2005 at 03:09 PM

I drink camomile tea during fever to keep the 'good' ones away. I'm not sure why, but usually works..

quote:
or you have drunk excessive amounts of alcohol... i've been told.

So you're trying to tell us that you have no experiences of your own? :D
RE: Nightmares by lordy on 09-18-2005 at 03:15 PM

:o ME? DRINK ALCOHOL?? NEEEVER!!!! nah seriously, i'll have a few every so often but i've nvr actually been completely off my face... a little tipsy perhaps. i've had enough experiences with my friends being drunk and then making idiots of themselves to know that i dont wanna look like that :P

I've nvr really had a fever bad enough to have weird dreams, although my friend was really sick and was hallucinating that little things was poking him with metal poles, so he ended up sleeping in the bathroom LMAO i thought it was funny, had to have been there i guess

RE: Nightmares by L. Coyote on 09-18-2005 at 03:17 PM

quote:
or you have drunk excessive amounts of alcohol... i've been told. i get weird dreams after having one glass of wine (or a cup of coffee) and going to bed
:-/ The first time I got heavily drunk, the only thing I dreamt of was 5 seconds of colors everywhere...

Now that was a waste of sleep time...
RE: Nightmares by hexel on 09-18-2005 at 03:23 PM

The first time I got heavily drunk.. Oh right, that hasn't happen yet.
* hexel and lordy16 are good examples for youth. (H)

RE: Nightmares by lordy on 09-18-2005 at 03:24 PM

yeh! look at all you other people giving us a bad name!! FOR SHAME!! :P

RE: Nightmares by Negro_Joe on 09-18-2005 at 03:28 PM

The last time i got heavily drunk i didnt remeber anything:P

RE: Nightmares by SikStyles on 09-18-2005 at 03:28 PM

i have had too many, i've been chased by red eyed eagles, chased by drunken men, got shot by robert de niro by a gun that makes u freeze up..etc

its actually fun to think about them..like i love the feeling when i wake up :P

RE: Nightmares by _Humphreys on 09-18-2005 at 03:31 PM

I have two recuring dreams which may seem a bit weird:

1. A crazy evelator that has a mind of it's own (while i'm in it ¬_¬)
2. Me getting knocked over by a car time and time again.

Crazy...I know.

RE: Nightmares by hexel on 09-18-2005 at 03:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
Sounds cool actually. What happened? :P

RE: Nightmares by lordy on 09-18-2005 at 03:42 PM

quote:

reminds me of an episode of 'freaky' i once saw...
RE: Nightmares by L. Coyote on 09-18-2005 at 05:06 PM

quote:
I often have nightmares with the elevators... :-/

Say, I wanted to go to my floor (6th) but it goes straight to -11 (of course, doesn't exist). Or it goes to 21 (the building only has 17).

It can get very annoying and scary... Especially when the -11 floor is dark and monsters live there and I can't get the elevator to take me up... :tongue:
RE: Nightmares by _Humphreys on 09-18-2005 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hexel

quote:

Sounds cool actually. What happened? :P

Basically it's the same as Leo's nightmare e.g. :

floors that don't exsist like -10 and then it would go fast and...it's just too freekly to explain.

RE: Nightmares by prashker on 09-18-2005 at 05:18 PM

When i was young i'd have a nightmare when im in my basement with all the apliances. Computer, Home Theater etc would turn on. I press the off buttions for it but it wouldnt turn off. It got me scared :(.

Around 1ce a month I have this one dream where I know its a dream. And i can control it. I have perfect vision of it.

Another dream i had was when i was around 4 i would be super mario and i would be running away from a Giant Eye Ball.

Another is that i was climbing a mountain and i got shot with a cross bow around 4 times in the chest. By 2 ppl. I was acting dead and i killed em both :D

NOW THE ULTIMATE NIGHTMARE FOR ME IS
------------------------------------------------------
I had this dream over 20 times For A FACT and i remember it all so clearly.
I would be Link (Legend of Zelda). And I would be hunting ppl down. Sorta like a combat game. I would have 3 lives. When I would die id fall into the ground and I would get MAJOR back pain. Then chest pain. And i would see tenticles over me movie around. That would happen 3 times untill i finally lost the (game). Then i would find myself in a cage surrounded by Archers and one was my mom. I would try to escape but i would get shot and wake up. And when i woke up i had troble breathing and standing up. But last year when i had this dream I actually escaped but then the rest is a blur.

RE: Nightmares by paperless on 09-18-2005 at 11:44 PM

One nightmare i kinda remember because it wasnt much time ago:

I was near a river and factory and then from a second to another i got stuck in time for a while and go transported to the future ( aprox 30 years ) well, the factory was abandoned and i was kinda lost i dont remember what hapenned next but i went to my house.

My mother had white hairs, there was no telephone, almsot everything was different except the sofa ( lol ) she started saying she thought i had died and stuff, more, i was still 16 years old!

When i woke up i felt such a relief and smiled.

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
I often have nightmares with the elevators...

Yeah!

I had one about elevators too it was scarey as hell ( dont remember why tho ).

Hum.. the elevators were just working badly etc it was so dark and everywthing was messed up ( think about a desert city or half life 2 ) where i live is a place which has buildings all equal to each other and i was going trough every buildings running away from something or trying to find someone, i dont remember.

I had this nightmare a lot of time ago ( probably more than a year ! ) but when i read Leo's post about elevators nightmares i recalled this one because it was very very frightening to me like, some elevators got stuck and others took me to a floor higher than it was supposed to.
RE: Nightmares by albert on 09-19-2005 at 03:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by hexel
The first time I got heavily drunk.. Oh right, that hasn't happen yet.
* hexel and lordy16 are good examples for youth. (H)

And Me too! :D
RE: Nightmares by Purity on 09-19-2005 at 04:07 AM

I don't usually remember any of my dreams.   I've had nightmares that were really scary at the time, when i was like 5-8 yrs old.

RE: Nightmares by albert on 09-19-2005 at 04:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
I don't usually remember any of my dreams.   I've had nightmares that were really scary at the time, when i was like 5-8 yrs old.

you know tbh the dreams i remember are not the ones that were the most scary or anything.. ii only remember the ones that rlly shock me.. like the metro one, and another one where I was going on a bike and suddledly I fell.. these are still in my head.. why? what was so important about a fall? I dunno..
RE: Nightmares by lordy on 09-19-2005 at 12:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by beamykitty
I had this disusting nightmare where my boyfriend was laying on a beanbag at a party with three fat women in spandex surrounding him...hanging on his every word...and he asked me to go n get them drinks~!
icky, thats quite gross (unless you're into that of course)
RE: Nightmares by Vazza on 09-19-2005 at 12:55 PM

I guess the  most recent nightmare for me was last Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

I kept imagining the phone was ringing and when I answered it, it was some important guy in London to tell me that there had been an accident and my parents had been involved.

the only other one that I've had is being shot whilst working, because I refuse to hand over the money in the till or to open the safe in the back....that one always occurs on a Saturday because I work alone on a Sunday........God help me when I start working in the Hospitals

RE: Nightmares by user27089 on 09-19-2005 at 02:27 PM

I had one where it wasn't really a nightmare, where I came back home, and everybody hated me etc :cry:.

RE: Nightmares by Vazza on 09-19-2005 at 02:42 PM

That's no nightmare dear....its the truth :)

RE: Nightmares by Negro_Joe on 09-19-2005 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
I had one where it wasn't really a nightmare, where I came back home, and everybody hated me etc :cry:.

Now thats not entirely truthful is it, say what actually happened....
RE: Nightmares by user27089 on 09-19-2005 at 04:20 PM

I'm not exactly obligated to do so, so I won't! :).

RE: Nightmares by Negro_Joe on 09-19-2005 at 04:28 PM

'Obligated' your not obligated to do much but you do it anyway :P fine i dont wanna say cuz i know it will annoy you, but its funny, well maybe a bit lame aswell....no harm :D

RE: Nightmares by user27089 on 09-19-2005 at 04:36 PM

Yes, it is the lamest dream that I've ever had in my life, the thing is though, it honestly felt like it was really happening and stuff though...

:s.

RE: Nightmares by stoshrocket on 09-19-2005 at 04:49 PM

ive had a few freaky ones.... ie/. i keep havin ones where freky things are outisde my door (bedroom) and banging on it really loundly, then i start screaming but cant (you can do it, it sounds like an old man smoking... lol) then they burst in and i wake with pain all over, freak? i know...
i also had another the other day where i was dreamin and then somethin reli freked me out and i punched the wall (in real lif durin my dream) reallu hard and woke up in agony, but the wall i punched was an outisde brick wall (my bedroom is on the outer edges of the house and i punched that 1ft think brick one :'( )

RE: Nightmares by Tasha on 09-19-2005 at 04:51 PM

Don't laugh at my dream/nightmare. It was kinda a nightmare at the time, though it may seem lame. :sad:
Right, anyway, I had this recurring dream where I would be lying in my bed (in the dream), and I would see all this out of my eyes. The room would be pitch black, but above my where my wardrobe is normally, were like, 8 tiny flashing dots that really freaked me out. In the dream I would feel really weird and scared and have a horrible feeling in my chest, then I know I was thrashing around in my bed because my mum woke me up once when I was having the dream, and when I woke up I would be sweating hot and really scared. Don't you dare laugh. :sad: I had it for quite a few years, when I was about 5 - 9, then I got it last year again for a few nights. :sad:

I had another one, where this monster thing would be walking down the driveway, and my mum and brother would run into the cupboard and hide, but i'd be like, in the middle of the room, because I was moving in slow motion, and couldn't get to the cupboard, so I would hide under the window sill. And as the monster reached the window, I would wake up. That was recurring too.

And I had some with ghosts and stuff in it that were coming for me and my family, but I don't remember them so well, just that they were recurring and scary.

So that's about it to do with my dreams and nightmares. Oh yeah, i've also had the falling dream a lot, amongst many other incredibly weird and sometimes scary dreams. :tongue:

RE: Nightmares by stoshrocket on 09-19-2005 at 04:57 PM

speaking of monsters i had a dream once where bigfoot went garden hopping in our garden, that freaked me out alot, btw, tasha that is not an embarrasing dream, i used to have a phobia of the cookie monster from sesamie street when i was bout 4, that was freaky, (its not funny! youd crap ure pants if you saw that giant yellow bird coming at you on a dark night!)

RE: Nightmares by MeEtc on 09-19-2005 at 05:02 PM

Education-related nightmares...

Not my nightmare, but quite scary just the same, if you know the story.

First year engineering chemistry I (and the rest of the engineers [ERTW!!!]) have to take it with Dr. John Coxon. He has since retired. The ratings may seem good, but the course is very difficult, and tests are 10x harder and confusing than in class or text.

So anyway, in second year we need to take thermodynamics, which is introduced in chemistry.
Friend of mine was having trouble in thermo, so he hires a tutor. To his surprise, Coxon shows up with his bold, arrogant British accent and whips out his red pen, and well, goes down hill from there....

RE: Nightmares by evil_panda on 09-19-2005 at 05:37 PM

I had a dream just yesturday where i was haveing sex with an unknown girl and my teacher (Mr. Leeds) was standing right behind me ahhhhhhhhhhh it was scary.

RE: Nightmares by user27089 on 09-19-2005 at 06:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by evil_panda
I had a dream just yesturday where i was haveing sex with an unknown girl and my teacher (Mr. Leeds) was standing right behind me ahhhhhhhhhhh it was scary.

Nice... lol. Mr Leeds is quite a scary guy...

I always have a dream when I'm half asleep, and I'm riding a bike, then I fall off and I jump up awake...
RE: Nightmares by Negro_Joe on 09-19-2005 at 06:17 PM

i always get that i always just jump, i think i posted this earlier, i wonder what its called.....?

RE: Nightmares by Tasha on 09-19-2005 at 06:26 PM

Falling Dreams:

quote:
Originally posted by dreammoods.com
Falling dreams are another theme that is quite common in the world of dreams. Contrary to a popular myth, you will not actually die if you do not wake up before your hit the ground during a fall.

As with most common dream themes, falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life. This may reflect the way you feel in your relationship or in your work environment. You have lost your foothold and can not hang on or keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life. When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life.

Falling dreams also often reflect a sense of failure or inferiority in some circumstance or situation. It may be the fear of failing in your job/school, loss of status, or failure in love. You feel shameful and lack a sense of pride. You are unable to keep up with the status quo or that you don't measure up.

According to Freudian theory, dreams of falling indicate that you are contemplating giving into a sexual urge or impulse. You maybe lacking indiscretion.

Falling dreams typically occur during the first stage of sleep. Dreams in this stage are often accompanied by muscle spasms of the arms, legs, and the whole body. These sudden contractions, also known as myclonic jerks. Sometimes when we have these falling dreams, we feel our whole body jerk or twitch and we awaken from this jerk. It is thought that this jerking action is part of an arousal mechanism that allows the sleeper to awaken and become quickly alert and responsive to possible threats in the environment.

According to biblical interpretations, dreams about falling have a negative overtone and suggest that man is acting and walking according to his own way of thinking and not those of the Lord.

Elevator Dreams:

quote:
To dream that you are ascending in an elevator, signifies that you will quickly rise to status and wealth. You may have risen to a higher level of consciousness and are looking at the world from an elevated viewpoint. Descending in an elevator, denotes that misfortunes will crush and discourage you. The up and down action of the elevator may represent the ups and downs of your life go emerging out of and submerging into your subconscious.

To dream that the elevator is out of order or that it is not letting you off, symbolizes that your emotions have gotten out of control.

To dream that an elevator is falling out of control, refers to your fears of letting go. You may also be expressing  your desire to give up and escape from some demanding situation.  If the elevator stops just right before it crashes, then it indicates that if you hang on long enough, everything will turn out all fine in the end.

Dreams with a teacher in:

quote:
To see your teacher (past or present) in your dream, suggests that you are seeking some advice, guidance, or knowledge. You are heading into a new path in life and ready to learn by example or from a past experience. Consider your own personal experiences with that particular teacher. What subject was taught? Alternatively, it may relate to issues with authority and seeking approval. You may going through a situation in your waking life where you feel that you are being treated like a student or in which you feel you are being put to a test.

Dreams about School:

quote:
To dream that you are in school, signifies feelings of inadequacy and childhood insecurities that have never been resolved. It may relate to anxieties about performance and abilities. You may also be going through a "spiritual learning" experience. If you are still in school and dream about school, then it will naturally serve as a backdrop to your dream world.  Alternatively, a dream that takes place in school may be a metaphor for the lessons that you are learning from your waking life.

High School
To dream about high school, refers to the bounds and friendships that you made while you were in high school. What spiritual lessons have you learned? The dream may also be telling you that you need to start preparing for the real world.

To dream that you have to repeat high school, suggests that you are doubting your accomplishments and the goals that you have already completed. You feel that you may not be measuring up to the expectation of others. The dream may occur because some recent situation may have awakened old anxieties and insecurities.

School Bus
To see a school bus in your dream, suggests that you are about to venture on a life journey needed for your own personal growth.

You can find more here. :happy:
RE: Nightmares by xpirdwingz on 09-19-2005 at 08:49 PM

Yay! dreammoods.com, I used to go there! Hm, well I've had my share of scary dreams, but there's this certain one, I use to have a long while back, and there would be some sort of empty room and I'd zoom into it, up close and the feeling I had while dreaming it just made my body feel all weird, like I knew there was nothing to be afraid of but thats just how I felt, like panic. Other dreams such as the house being broken into and I'm trying to hide without being seen at night while it happens. I've had this hilarious dream too, but lets just say it involves a huge live turkey and it was stalking me outside my house :P My friends laughed at me so much when I told em. I wish I had that dream again.. *sighs*.

RE: Nightmares by user27089 on 09-19-2005 at 08:56 PM

One dream that I remember was when I was about 5, I woke up in tears and cried for hours...

I only remember it vaguely, as I was young... It was something to do with aliens, I was hid in a tube, and I saw my Dad get killed by an alien, sort of turned into a red sloppy mess of meat...

RE: Nightmares by DebsyUk21 on 09-21-2005 at 01:14 PM

Iv'e had bad nightmares recently i think it was due to getting over shingles but the last past two nightmares i had was someone chasing me and actually killed me and i felt it werid i know, and the other one was just horrible dont want to remind myself,its your brain isn;t it playing trick on you:(

RE: Nightmares by Negro_Joe on 09-21-2005 at 04:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor

I only remember it vaguely, as I was young... It was something to do with aliens, I was hid in a tube, and I saw my Dad get killed by an alien, sort of turned into a red sloppy mess of meat...

i know a kid who had a dream like that, they were the aliens of signs only yellow..?
RE: Nightmares by user27089 on 09-21-2005 at 04:50 PM

When I had these dreams though, I was really young, I can only remember the part where my Dad was killed...

RE: Nightmares by Negro_Joe on 09-21-2005 at 04:52 PM

Meh it was james carringtons man it was wierd.... he gets really worked up i remeber he was tlaking about it and his mum knocked on the door....omg i have never seen anyone move so fast...:P

RE: Nightmares by rix on 09-21-2005 at 06:01 PM

Never had nightmares, excepting long time ago when I was very little. :P And that really was stupid dream.

RE: Nightmares by Negro_Joe on 09-21-2005 at 07:01 PM

You have to have one...

im still waiting for traxor to post his 'proper' nightmare...

im thinking of doing it myself...:P

RE: Nightmares by rix on 09-21-2005 at 07:43 PM

No, I have to have one. I had one, in far past and it's enough for me! ;)

RE: Nightmares by prashker on 09-25-2005 at 01:27 PM

I just woke up from a nightmare.

My dad adopted a 2 year old and a 2 month old. And he like remade the house. And my parents were back togerther but my mom hated it. And I cried because my dad yells at me and he would yell at em and I didnt want another brother and sister. Its hard enough wiht only 1 :P

RE: Nightmares by myrtle on 09-26-2005 at 10:54 AM

The scariest dream I had was when I was bein chased by monsters.. kinda like the Thriller vid of MJ.  After that, I didn't wanna sleep for days.