Shoutbox

[RELEASE] Custom Content Manager (CCM) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Custom Content Manager (CCM) (/showthread.php?tid=50647)

[RELEASE] Custom Content Manager (CCM) by Yousef on 09-18-2005 at 05:31 PM

Update 5/3
Wow, I'm actually reviving one of my half-a-year-old beta's which has never been officially released yet! I've added some new stuff and improved some parts. Next to this it comes with an installer now. I'm aware Content Stealing uses quite some resources when you haven't cleared IE's cache for a long time. However, if you use WLM it will be faster.

It should actually be near-release now ;)

------------------

Hey,

Before I release this program to the public, I'd like to share it with you. Please notify me of any suggestions/problems.

Custom Content Manager, or CCM, is a 3-in-1 program focused on custom content in MSN Messnger. It's not a plugin, but a standalone program.

Content downloader
This is the main part of the program, and allows you to install hundreds of free display pictures, emoticons, and backgrounds. Just check any item you like, and they will be added to your own 'pack'. To add them to MSN fully automatically, just press the 'collect your pack' button. You can then specify all the shortcuts for all selected emoticons, and view/remove all selected items.

MCO Manager
You all know of those leaked winks/moods I suppose. You can download them and add them to msn one by one. The disadvantage is that having hundreds of winks in your account will slow down MSN Messenger. With this tool you can select a directory containing .mco files, and preview them. If you like an item, click the install button and it will be installed without the need of the usual mcoinstall.exe+vbruntimes.

Content stealer
Steal your contacts' display pictures/custom emoticons, and add them automatically to msn (or save them to disk). Allows you to specify emoticon shortcuts before adding them, as well as the option to use a DP directly as your own DP.
Now also works for Windows Live Messenger

Thanks to shrbr for designing most stuff!

More info + download: http://www.msgweb.nl/en/MSN_Projects/Custom_Content_Manager/

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by _Humphreys on 09-18-2005 at 05:34 PM

It's a very good resource for all things MSN thanks. :)

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by Lou on 09-18-2005 at 05:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
[Image: content_stealer_small.jpg]

That's my dp in there:P Lol

Well I like this.

* Lou downloads
RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by prashker on 09-18-2005 at 05:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:
[Image: content_stealer_small.jpg]

That's my dp in there:P Lol

Well I like this.

* lou_habs downloads

Cuz i told you on MSN that your DP was there and you said it wasent at first :dodgy:

Anyways im not a big fan or winks etc. But i could use for Custom Emoticons.

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by hexel on 09-18-2005 at 05:50 PM

Err.. Is MCO Manager (2nd tab) supposed to have that "Unfortunately, the leaked MCO files are illegal to spread. Therefore, Msgweb.nl doesn't provide them. Try searching google on the following terms:" thing over there instead of what's on the screenshot?

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by Yousef on 09-18-2005 at 05:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hexel

Err.. Is MCO Manager (2nd tab) supposed to have that "Unfortunately, the leaked MCO files are illegal to spread. Therefore, Msgweb.nl doesn't provide them. Try searching google on the following terms:" thing over there instead of what's on the screenshot?
You're supposed to obtain the MCO files your self. You can find them on various places on the web, but it's illegal for me to spread them. Then you can select the directory on your hdd where the mco files are, and easily preview/install them.
RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by qgroessl on 09-18-2005 at 07:39 PM

Won't let me download :(... Oh well... It performs an illegal operation... the first time one of my adware/spyware programs asked me if I wanted to allow it or not, so I said allow... and then it performed an illegal operation.... Then the next 2 times it just performed an illegal operation right away.

EDIT: Thanks Juzzi for helping me out with that!... Turns out you were right all I had to do was extract it to a folder.... See, I figured that it had an installer so I didn't have to extract it (like most plug-ins do) but I like the program and I'll be sure to tell you if I find any bugs or anything.

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by giken on 09-19-2005 at 07:18 AM

I'd like to test the mco manager thing..
anyone can pm me a good site to download mco files?
thanks in advance

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by Yousef on 09-19-2005 at 03:53 PM

Anyone knows whether it's legal to link to places where you can get leaked winks/moods? Providing them is illegal I suppose, but what about pointing to other places?

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by absorbation on 09-19-2005 at 03:56 PM

horray i enjoyed testing it :) and shrbr enjoyed skinning it, it's really great work (y)

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by user27089 on 09-19-2005 at 08:43 PM

It is a trully amazing program!!!

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by Yousef on 09-20-2005 at 05:07 AM

Great to see it's working for everyone. Anyone else tried it (it has 33 downloads)...?

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by guanako on 09-20-2005 at 01:30 PM

its seems pretty cool, i like it thanks(Y)

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by mwe99 on 09-20-2005 at 01:32 PM

CCM is the initials of my college.... lol

ill give it a go and post the results :)

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by giken on 09-22-2005 at 01:20 PM

Hi Juzzi, I installed it and it work really fine...

If I can suggest can you create an all-in-one tool for all this kind of operations?
I mean something to install emoticons/backgrounds/moods/winks/dynamic DP and all other customizations in a folder (one by one, just selected and all) and the ability to backup or remove them with the same modalities
maybe also a stealer for all them would be good :)

is it possible? I'm waiting for an utility like this since a long time :)

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by Yousef on 09-22-2005 at 02:14 PM

Hey,

quote:
Originally posted by provolino
If I can suggest can you create an all-in-one tool for all this kind of operations?
There's a stealer already... And it can also install emoticons/bg's/dp's/moods/dynamic dp's. So what do you need? I'll think about a backup function.

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by kierant on 09-23-2005 at 03:14 PM

Nice piece of software Juzzi,well done.

One suggestion though. Wouldit be possible for mco files to be added en-mass? I appreciate that the one by one method enables previewing but if say we know we want a pack of winks it would be easier to install them all at once.

RE: RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by MeEtc on 09-23-2005 at 03:21 PM

quote:
Anyone knows whether it's legal to link to places where you can get leaked winks/moods? Providing them is illegal I suppose, but what about pointing to other places?

On this site, yes. You will be frowned upon by the admins, and possibly have the post/thread locked/edited/deleted
RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by Yousef on 09-23-2005 at 03:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by kierant
One suggestion though. Wouldit be possible for mco files to be added en-mass? I appreciate that the one by one method enables previewing but if say we know we want a pack of winks it would be easier to install them all at once.
Technically it's possible of course, but I don't think I'm going to implement this very soon. It will probably slow down MSN Messenger as well. Thanks for the suggestion though.

@MeEtc, I meant illegal by law, not by the rules of this forum

RE: RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by giken on 09-25-2005 at 05:18 PM

quote:
Hey,
quote:
Originally posted by provolino
There's a stealer already... And it can also install emoticons/bg's/dp's/moods/dynamic dp's. So what do you need? I'll think about a backup function.

Thanks for the think about backup funtion :)

I know the stealer, I mean if you can expand it to rip and install dynamic DP,animated background and so on

Also I agree with suggestion to add a function to add all contents in a folder with a few clicks :)
RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by guanako on 09-30-2005 at 03:51 AM

hey the wallpapers and ringtones arent free right?

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by King Of Chaos on 09-30-2005 at 05:12 AM

This is an awesome program!! :D I also 2nd that idea of the backup function for those (like me) with legal paid for content.

RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by Yousef on 09-30-2005 at 05:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
hey the wallpapers and ringtones arent free right?
There are no wallpapers (just msn chat backgrounds, free) and ringtones in the app, if you're talking about my website, discuss it here: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=50861
RE: RE: Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by CookieRevised on 09-30-2005 at 07:47 AM

quote:
@MeEtc, I meant illegal by law, not by the rules of this forum
You're helping to spread those illegal warez, so yes, it is illegal... by law...
RE: [UPDATE 5/3] Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by Yousef on 05-03-2006 at 07:55 PM

Updated, see first post for details & installer.

RE: [UPDATE 5/3] Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by guanako on 05-03-2006 at 08:15 PM

ah it rocks man! very nice done ;)

RE: [UPDATE 5/3] Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by tony on 05-03-2006 at 08:31 PM

i think i have to re-design it (Y) still cool anyways:)

RE: [UPDATE 5/3] Custom Content Manager (CCM) beta by Yousef on 05-06-2006 at 03:16 PM

Released now, check http://www.msgweb.nl/en/MSN_Projects/Custom_Content_Manager/ for more information!