Shoutbox

Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots (/showthread.php?tid=50653)

Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Reaper on 09-18-2005 at 07:20 PM

the mgs4 screenshots were released on friday at the tokyo game show. and i have to say, that they look amazing.

heres the link to them
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/adventure/metalgearsolid4/screenindex.html

heres a lil preview of them

[Image: 92659620050916screen0034xk.th.jpg]

[Image: 92659620050916screen0057ib.th.jpg]

[Image: 92659620050916screen0108oc.th.jpg]

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by _Humphreys on 09-18-2005 at 07:24 PM

Yeah they do look amazing even though Snakes 50+ something ¬_¬. It's a shame that this is last MGS although the series does need to be finalised in my opinion.

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Reaper on 09-18-2005 at 07:26 PM

well its not conifmed its the last MGS, he says it is but he has said he will stop making them before. so until i hear otherwise there will be another one :P:)

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Jimcando on 09-18-2005 at 07:29 PM

Nice. I can't wait for this.
MGS and GTA are the only games I buy a PlayStation for.
Does anyone know where this one will be set? If you've seen the teaser trailer that came out ages ago, at E3 I think, than it seems to be a desert (with nowhere to hide), but it would be good to know for sure.

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Negro_Joe on 09-18-2005 at 07:32 PM

OMG i cant wait for this there like my Fave games ever.......oh im so excited. I dont think they should end the series , just start a new saga or something the story is getting pretty complicated...:P

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Reaper on 09-18-2005 at 07:33 PM

MGS4 is set after MGS2 not sure by how many years

i was hoping they would make one before MGS1 and after MGS3 cos that would pretty cool

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by tomfletcherman on 09-18-2005 at 07:53 PM

The actual order is

MGS3
MGS1
MGS2
MGS4

I don't want the series to end either this is one of my all time favourite games. Saying that, I didn't enjoy mgs3 on the third run through and thought mgs2 was a little too short. I hope number four has the ingredients to turn it from a special game into something more.

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Reaper on 09-18-2005 at 07:55 PM

i liked number 3 cos they did used the gadgets and weapons etc. as they were in the time it was set in
also number 2 is the worst one yet, cos they just copied a lot of stuff from the first one but really disappointed me

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by _Humphreys on 09-18-2005 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper66613
i liked number 3 cos they did used the gadgets and weapons etc. as they were in the time it was set in
also number 2 is the worst one yet, cos they just copied a lot of stuff from the first one but really disappointed me

Three was cool... You can't really have an opinion on MGS 2 unless you understand it all about imo. The story is a masterpiece and the gameplay is better than the first it's a fav of mine.
RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Negro_Joe on 09-18-2005 at 08:01 PM

I have loved all of them MGS2 was deffinitly the best, the camoflauge could have been implemented into the gameplay better, instead of having to go through the menu all the time, the D-Pad should have been used to change face paint and the camo, it would have been quicker and would not have slowed down the pace.

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Reaper on 09-18-2005 at 08:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
I have loved all of them MGS2 was deffinitly the best, the camoflauge could have been implemented into the gameplay better, instead of having to go through the menu all the time, the D-Pad should have been used to change face paint and the camo, it would have been quicker and would not have slowed down the pace.

yeh true, but i found myself using one camo for everything lol.
did anyone kill The End?
i didnt. i put my PS2 clock forware a week and The End died of old age. i thought that was soo clever. its amazing :P
RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by _Humphreys on 09-18-2005 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Reaper66613
did anyone kill The End?

Yes of course although it needs patients. If your an msg fan you really have to know how to play the game. I can play all of them blindfolded now.
RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by user27089 on 09-18-2005 at 08:42 PM

I have played and completed Metal Gear Solid 1 & 2, and played a lot of Metal Gear Solid 3, and they are an amazing series of games... It is a new thing really, I have never played a game where you are an old character... Has anybody else noticed this? I am glad that they've kept the same character and storyline, the whole Raiden thing was annoying though, but number 2 was still good...

Does anybody know where I can find the trailer, where all of the guards sit on chairs, then Snake comes, takes the mask off and it's Raiden, then Sam Fisher sneaks up behind Raiden, but then Sam takes off the night vision goggles and it is actually Solid Snake...?

I think the video was released at E3... It had the whole "Nowhere to Hide" thing with it... A wall disappeared I believe...

I have found some trailers, but not the ones that I want:

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.html.

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by _Humphreys on 09-18-2005 at 08:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Traxor
Does anybody know where I can find the trailer, where all of the guards sit on chairs, then Snake comes, takes the mask off and it's Raiden, then Sam Fisher sneaks up behind Raiden, but then Sam takes off the night vision goggles and it is actually Solid Snake...?

It's Snake but he looks like Sam. :P

Here we go:
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.html

It's the bottom right video. :)
RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by *Saint* on 09-18-2005 at 08:56 PM

wow he looks so old.

this is my favorite game i played i dont remember which MGS it was (2 disks on PS1) that was and is my most favorite game. i played a next one 3 i think on xbox and its good but the PS1 game my favorite

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by user27089 on 09-18-2005 at 08:59 PM

The 1st one is the one on Shadow Moses, with 3 disks, the one on the XBOX is Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, which is the same as the PS2 version of Sons of Liberty, but with extra features etc...

The first one is by far the best... The old metal gear games were really bad :-/...

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by _Humphreys on 09-18-2005 at 09:00 PM

Your both a little confused there let me clear this up for you.

Metal Gear Solid 1 - PS1 - 2 Discs (remade later for Game Cube named The Twin Snkes also 2 discs)

Metal Gear Solid 2 - 1 Disc - For PS2 and Later Substance for X-box and released again on PS2

Metal Gear Solid 3 - 1 Disc - Exclusively for PS2

Metal Gear Solid 4 - To Be Released on PS3

quote:
Originally posted by Traxor
The first one is by far the best... The old metal gear games were really bad :undecided:...

They where tbh very good games it's just the gfx where of there time which is now outdated a lot. I can't wait for MGS 3 Subsitence to play them again. I also want to test out this new Over-The-Shoulder cam that's going to be used in the Online mode on the later (MGS 3 Subsitence).
RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by paperless on 09-18-2005 at 11:46 PM

LoL!

His white hair made me remember of the decline of videogaming flash movie where he was in a wheelchair :lol: .

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by albert on 09-19-2005 at 01:54 AM

these faces look to real for me to belive it's gaming.. if these screenshots are real, then wow.. quality is awesome (Y)

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Reaper on 09-19-2005 at 03:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
these faces look to real for me to belive it's gaming.. if these screenshots are real, then wow.. quality is awesome (Y)

they are 100% real. FACT lol

some more news released on gmaespot today from TGS:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/18/news_6133819.html

spin off game with main character from MGS2, Raiden

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/09/18/news_6133825.html

as Hideo Kojima may be leaving hes appointed a replacement already.....Kirby creator
RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Negro_Joe on 09-19-2005 at 03:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
The first one is by far the best... The old metal gear games were really bad ...

They werent that bad they were pretty difficult though,

i would say the 3rd is the best, the first is a little outdated by the newer ones(but its still hgodd) and the second one was amazing but the story was 'little' too much if you know what i mean....:P

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Reaper on 09-19-2005 at 03:30 PM

quote:

i would say the 3rd is the best, the first is a little outdated by the newer ones(but its still hgodd) and the second one was amazing but the story was 'little' too much if you know what i mean....:P
i agree but i would love it if the made the first one with better graphics for PS2 as they did with GC. cos that would be sooo good
RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Negro_Joe on 09-19-2005 at 03:35 PM

I agree, i would buy that deffinitlly, the first one with the new featires weapons, and areas would be excellent, can you imagine it on the PS3 it would be amazing....

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Reaper on 09-19-2005 at 03:40 PM

:drool:

lol that would so damn good, yet again, any PS1 remake on PS3 would look good, like FF7, FF8 or FF9 for example

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Negro_Joe on 09-19-2005 at 03:57 PM

True have you seen the FF7 tech demo for the PS3?

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasyvii/index.html?tag=mp_2to9

I dont think there remaking but the power of the PS3 is Amazing....im such a loser:P

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Reaper on 09-19-2005 at 04:12 PM

quote:
True have you seen the FF7 tech demo for the PS3?

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasyvii/index.html?tag=mp_2to9

yeh i seen that its amazing compared to the ps1 fmv of it!

quote:

I dont think there remaking but the power of the PS3 is Amazing....im such a loser:P
thats soo tru :P

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Negro_Joe on 09-19-2005 at 04:15 PM

What that im aloser....or the PS3 il just take the first one...:D

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by evil_panda on 09-19-2005 at 05:58 PM

I really have never been a fan of metal gear solid games i have always found them really hard to play i think i rented one from a blockbuster and found it really hard to play so i think that put me off...:)...but you guys can still have fun! :P

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by user27089 on 09-19-2005 at 06:12 PM

I think all the metal gear solid games are relatively straightforward and easy, the main problem is your line of site, especially in the latter Metal Gear Solid 3, where you don't have a radar!

Although, it is still easy enough...

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Negro_Joe on 09-19-2005 at 06:13 PM

Well its not the radar thats annoying its the actual view its over head which makes seeing the guards difficult at times.....

RE: Metal Gear Solid 4 Screenshots by Reaper on 09-19-2005 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Well its not the radar thats annoying its the actual view its over head which makes seeing the guards difficult at times.....
yup. different angles shuold put in. also you kinda had a radar in MGS3 but different types, like a sonar, a movement one and one more but i said beofre its tryin to stick with the technology at the time the game was set