Shoutbox

big problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: big problem (/showthread.php?tid=50655)

big problem by nainai on 09-18-2005 at 08:03 PM

hi!
I just downloaded plus version and i tried to download plug ins but when the download is finished they are not on my msn. how can i find them?

RE: big problem by _Humphreys on 09-18-2005 at 08:04 PM

This may seem a bit stupid but have you installed them? Or put them into the plugins folder if they don't have an installer.

RE: big problem by nainai on 09-18-2005 at 08:13 PM

Sorry but i dont really see the difference between download and install...and how can i put them in the plugins folder?

RE: big problem by _Humphreys on 09-18-2005 at 08:16 PM

That's if they don't have an installer. You click on:

My Computer>Your Main Hard Drive (Normally C)>Program Files>Messenger Plus! 3>Plugins

When your there paste the files into that folder (plugins). To cut/paste you simply right click on the file for both options.

RE: big problem by Dempsey on 09-18-2005 at 08:19 PM

What plugin is it you have downloaded?  As most come with installers nowadays.

RE: big problem by nainai on 09-18-2005 at 08:22 PM

I tried a lot of them but no one worked....even if i put them in the plug ins folder they dont appear in my plugins list....is it possible that my computer is too old?

RE: big problem by Dempsey on 09-18-2005 at 08:25 PM

Well once you downloaded them did you try opening them to see if they started an installer?  And the age of your computer shouldn't make any difference.

RE: big problem by nainai on 09-18-2005 at 08:26 PM

humm i dont know.....how can i open them?

RE: big problem by Dempsey on 09-18-2005 at 08:30 PM

By double-clicking the thing you downloaded.

RE: big problem by nainai on 09-18-2005 at 08:40 PM

I install it and it says it is installed but it doesnt appear on my plugins list....

RE: big problem by qgroessl on 09-18-2005 at 08:41 PM

If it doesn't appear on your plugins list you might want to restart MSN Messenger... Then they should be there.

RE: big problem by Dempsey on 09-18-2005 at 08:42 PM

have you tried restarting MSN Messenger after installing the plugin?

RE: big problem by nainai on 09-18-2005 at 08:44 PM

yes i restarted it but its not there

RE: big problem by Dempsey on 09-18-2005 at 08:45 PM

What plugin is it?

RE: big problem by nainai on 09-18-2005 at 08:46 PM

color nick and music logger

RE: big problem by kierant on 09-18-2005 at 09:09 PM

Here's a quick checklist foryou to install the,:

- firstly download the plugin [when it asks where to save it choose somewhere simple such as the desktop]
- double-click on the file that you have downloaded to begin installation [if the file iz zipped unzip the contents to the desktop and then find the installation file from then]
- follow the installation instructions given in the boxes that should appear.
- if therei s not an installation file with the download then cut and paste the .dll file from the desktop into the folder: c: >Program Files>Messenger Plus! 3>Plugins
- once installed you may be promptedto restart messenger. If not do it manually by right-clicking the icon in the bottom rightcorner and clicking 'exit'. Then re-run messenger.
- to configure the plugin open the main messenger window, click on 'Plus!' at thetop and then down to 'Preferences'. Select 'Plugins' at the bottom, choose the one you want to use and click 'Configure' [also check that the boxis ticked for that plugin]

Hopefully if you follow thisit should work for you.:)