Shoutbox

New Messenger Discovery X - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: New Messenger Discovery X (/showthread.php?tid=50682)

New Messenger Discovery X by absorbation on 09-19-2005 at 05:20 PM

Yet again mdx is being updated to stop all the bugs and work in action instead of all the bugs it's flammed for :)

[Image: settings.png]

The new features do not seem the best but i do not really care as long as all those bugs etc are fixed and the interface looks nice and clean.

I could find a leak as it was given to 100 random people so i bet it is out there somewhere but i will not post it on these forums ;)

[Image: dparchive.png]

Sorce :)

Anyway enjoy the new MDX :)

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by Negro_Joe on 09-19-2005 at 05:21 PM

Is this new or what iv never heard of it....

what does it actually do...?

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by hmaster on 09-19-2005 at 05:24 PM

loool where have you been. Its just an addon that was flamed for it stability and then recoded although still slightly buggy its getting there.
Popular functions !imitate, ability to imitate ur contacts Name, font, font colour

http://www.msgdiscoveryx.com/

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by absorbation on 09-19-2005 at 05:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by hmaster
loool where have you been. Its just an addon that was flamed for it stability and then recoded although still slightly buggy its getting there.
Popular functions !imitate, ability to imitate ur contacts Name, font, font colour

very true the bugs are a huge turn off and i hope this version truly fixes it :)

100 invites were given out yesterday to test it.
RE: New Messenger Discovery X by _Humphreys on 09-19-2005 at 05:27 PM

I'll test it out, although I am familiar with Messenger Discovery what's with this 'X' version?

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by hmaster on 09-19-2005 at 05:27 PM

X version was when the new recode was put into place with a new design etc

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by Negro_Joe on 09-19-2005 at 05:30 PM

oh, well i was living under a rock for a while so you know im a bit slow, and whats the 'INTERWEB'? :P

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by evil_panda on 09-19-2005 at 05:31 PM

It seems okay i have never used it before and it is relativly simple to use.

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by hmaster on 09-19-2005 at 05:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
oh, well i was living under a rock for a while so you know im a bit slow, and whats the 'INTERWEB'? :P
8-)
RE: New Messenger Discovery X by L. Coyote on 09-19-2005 at 05:39 PM

lol, the configuration window looks like the FF/TB 1.5 one. :tongue:

Let's hope it actually works this time...

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by hmaster on 09-19-2005 at 05:41 PM

yeh it does lmao, ive heard its still buggy =/

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by Negro_Joe on 09-19-2005 at 06:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by »fusion
Internet :)

You do know i was joking right, im still a bit asketchy is it just another add-on that lets you piss off your friends when you are talking to them?
RE: New Messenger Discovery X by Scratchy on 09-19-2005 at 06:35 PM

I'm one of the hundred people who got the first BETA version of MDX2... and well, the new options panel looks really good, a lot more professionell than in MDX1.

Anyway, this first preview version is just a "Wooohooo, MDX has a new GUI now!!!1111" release - that's the reason why MDX2 it's still a bit buggy.

BTW: Matt is planning to release a new preview version in a few days with more features and less bugs.

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by hmaster on 09-19-2005 at 06:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scratchy
I'm one of the hundred people who got the first BETA version of MDX2... and well, the new options panel looks really good, a lot more professionell than in MDX1.

Anyway, this first preview version is just a "Wooohooo, MDX has a new GUI now!!!1111" release - that's the reason why MDX2 it's still a bit buggy.

BTW: Matt is planning to release a new preview version in a few days with more features and less bugs.
More features does tend to bring more bugs too. I was hoping he would concentrate on completely debugging the current version(s?) and then implementing the new features, lets wait and see...

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by Millenium_edition on 09-19-2005 at 07:21 PM

how lame. he made a feature out of a bug in the msn servers which will probably get fixed in a few months. (!boot = .pif in case you haven't noticed)

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by lordy on 09-20-2005 at 12:18 AM

tbh, i respect anyone who can make an add-on or plugin for MSN Messenger. but i prefer msgplus! over MDX anytime, it's far too buggy for me (when i installed it last anyways) and pretty much all the features in MDX you can get in MsgPlus! or a plugin for it. my messenger is complete with Msgplus! and stuffplug :)

RE: New Messenger Discovery X by Scarlet on 09-20-2005 at 04:25 AM

I love this program, used it forever!  I'm great friends with ecko_complex. :)  I love teh sexy GUI, I get all info on it and updates. :happy: