Shoutbox

Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial (/showthread.php?tid=50693)

Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial by Lou on 09-19-2005 at 11:10 PM

Following this tutorial is simple, and should not take you more than 1 minute. Enjoy.

Admins, if possible please sticky, as .tk ad removing is in demand, and people think it is impossible

Please view attached image.

RE: Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial by expert on 09-19-2005 at 11:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
Following this tutorial is simple, and should not take you more than 1 minute. Enjoy.

Admins, if possible please sticky, as .tk ad removing is in demand, and people think it is impossible

Please view attached image.
thank you me and dylan! made a site for skewl hacks and the add got annoying
RE: Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial by Pyro on 09-20-2005 at 02:36 AM

THANKYOU!

RE: Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial by uberdosis on 09-20-2005 at 05:06 AM

Thanks.

RE: Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial by Vilkku on 09-20-2005 at 05:42 AM

Old... but I think that they will enforce ads if you get enough hits (or so I heard).

RE: Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial by Lou on 09-20-2005 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Old... but I think that they will enforce ads if you get enough hits (or so I heard).
these ads are optional and whatever people sya is untrue as for now. note in the screenshot, the no part. it explains what the ads are for:P However if noone uses the ads they may force them to be put back, however I highly doubt this will be for now, as alot of people still have the ads activated.

Edit:
quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Old.
Yes maybe, but it was very in demand

* Lou looks at ya_mum
RE: Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial by Dan0208 on 09-21-2005 at 06:58 AM

when i saw this i rushed straight away to do it because these ads have been annoying me very much lately. However when i followed your instructions i got this msg

Dot TK Linker Promo cannot be disabled because
this FREEDOMAIN.TK has more then 1000 hits per 90 days.

Any idea on what i can do or another way around it cos i would really like to get rid of these ads including that annoying one that often comes up at the first page saying wait 15seconds.

Thanks,
Daniel

RE: Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial by Lou on 09-23-2005 at 09:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dan0208
Dot TK Linker Promo cannot be disabled because
this FREEDOMAIN.TK has more then 1000 hits per 90 days.

Any idea on what i can do or another way around it cos i would really like to get rid of these ads including that annoying one that often comes up at the first page saying wait 15seconds.
on the same page, you may add a banner, I don't know exactly how that works but you may try it out. Obviously I was wrong, and that if you get too many hits you are unable to remove the adds...I suggest to sumhow make your hits go down for a few days, remove the thing, and then do whatever..see if that helps :S
RE: Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial by hmaster on 09-23-2005 at 09:52 PM

thanks will try it :)

RE: Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial by Lou on 09-25-2005 at 03:17 AM

it seems as though the hits thing is very much posible as I kn ow a few people whose sites have the ads now after too many hits. That is such a rip off imo

RE: Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial by King For A Day on 09-25-2005 at 10:21 AM

damn i used to hate the ads when i used .tk, but i would suggest using uni.cc instead, as they dont work in frames the way .tk does, which means you can control the tiltes of the page, whereas in .tk you always have SITE NAME.tk written in the title bar on every page, and they can use it to moniter the pages in the site i expect

RE: Removing .tk ads, a quick tutorial by Millenium_edition on 09-25-2005 at 10:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by King For A Day
damn i used to hate the ads when i used .tk, but i would suggest using uni.cc instead, as they dont work in frames the way .tk does, which means you can control the tiltes of the page, whereas in .tk you always have SITE NAME.tk written in the title bar on every page, and they can use it to moniter the pages in the site i expect
first of all, you can actually CHANGE the title if you look around in the option.
second of all, uni.cc has access to their own database too, they can also check what page comes under which domain. they're not stupid.