Shoutbox

Sound suddenly stopped working - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Sound suddenly stopped working (/showthread.php?tid=50746)

Sound suddenly stopped working by haydos on 09-21-2005 at 07:19 AM

I was listening to music using Winamp earlier using headphones (my speakers dont work and never have) and there were no real problems. I then went out of the room for a drink so i pressed the stop button (keyboard button). WHen i returned (less than two minutes later) i pressed play and i got a strange error (below).
[Image: sound3tm.png]

There is no way i knocked the computer, pulled out the plug (i checked this to make sure) or did anything else not normal which would cause this.
Playing music in WMP does not work and nor do system sounds.

RE: Sound suddenly stopped working by Chestah on 09-21-2005 at 07:21 AM

=/ strange.. try using system restore and restore your system back a day or so. Should fix the problem :P

RE: Sound suddenly stopped working by haydos on 09-21-2005 at 07:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
=/ strange.. try using system restore and restore your system back a day or so. Should fix the problem :P

Ok i will give that a try.... now i have to save my maths exam notes i just typed up onto a disc :sad: that poor poor disc

EDIT: Its just not my day today...
I cant write the my files onto CD so system restore is out of the question:undecided:
[Image: uhoh1ws.th.png]

EDIT2: Ok i'm just going to upload the file to the internet then download it back after the system restore.

EDIT3: I never knew system restore wouldnt touch the file in the first place :dodgy:
Oh well I did the system restore and all is well, cheers chestah