Shoutbox

Jabber account in usercp / profile - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: Forum & Website (/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+----- Thread: Jabber account in usercp / profile (/showthread.php?tid=50789)

Jabber account in usercp / profile by user2319 on 09-22-2005 at 05:20 PM

In the usercp you can configure all sorts of contact thingies, like your website, msn address, icq number, etc. However, there's no such thing for Jabber. Can this be added, so I can add my Jabber account?

RE: Jabber account in usercp / profile by Millenium_edition on 09-22-2005 at 05:28 PM

I may be wrong, but isn't jabber dependent of the server you use? Why would you want to add a field for a server-dependent account?

RE: Jabber account in usercp / profile by WDZ on 09-22-2005 at 05:33 PM

:dodgy:

Someone sent me a PM asking for "Skype" to be added as well... :-/

As I've said before, there are too many fields in the users table as it is; supporting 6+ different IM account fields seems kinda excessive.

RE: Jabber account in usercp / profile by wj on 09-22-2005 at 06:14 PM

Put it in your profile if you want it there.

RE: RE: Jabber account in usercp / profile by user2319 on 09-24-2005 at 10:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
I may be wrong, but isn't jabber dependent of the server you use? Why would you want to add a field for a server-dependent account?

Sort of. But all servers are/can be connected, so someone with an @jabber.org account can chat with people @something.org

quote:
Originally posted by WDZ
:dodgy:

Someone sent me a PM asking for "Skype" to be added as well... :-/

As I've said before, there are too many fields in the users table as it is; supporting 6+ different IM account fields seems kinda excessive.

Okay, whatever.
RE: Jabber account in usercp / profile by Millenium_edition on 09-24-2005 at 12:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by PlusFan
Sort of. But all servers are/can be connected, so someone with an @jabber.org account can chat with people @something.org
the part after the "@" has nothing to do with the server they're on... :-/

i mean, google talk is also uses the XMPP protocol, and it can't talk with jabber contacts
RE: Jabber account in usercp / profile by user2319 on 09-24-2005 at 02:44 PM

Google uses the same protocol, but not Jabber, yes.