Shoutbox

Run A Radio Station.. SOLVED - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Run A Radio Station.. SOLVED (/showthread.php?tid=50802)

Run A Radio Station.. SOLVED by albert on 09-22-2005 at 08:36 PM

Im trying to run a shoutcast radio station.. I downloaded Winamp and the shoutcast tools, now I got into a menu , the ShoutCast Source one..

it's the output section, Im trying to connect.. but I can't seem to do so.. it asks for an adress a port, a password and an encoder.. i have no clue what these are.. also im running on a laptop on a wirelless router.. so does this change anything..

Plz help, thx :)

RE: Run A Radio Station.. by ShawnZ on 09-22-2005 at 08:38 PM

You shouldn't need an address, and the encoder should just be something like RAW or MPEG. As for the port, pick a number between 1024-65535, then forward it in your router (www.portforward.com for details)

:offtopic: Use VideoLAN Server or VLC, they're much better than shoutcast. At least use icecast if you want to stay away from vlc.

RE: Run A Radio Station.. by albert on 09-22-2005 at 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ShawnZ
You shouldn't need an address, and the encoder should just be something like RAW or MPEG. As for the port, pick a number between 1024-65535, then forward it in your router (www.portforward.com for details)

Did all of that.. none workking.. :S

I did install that IceCast program, and my server s running, but how do I play the songs, and how can ppl acess my radio station..?
RE: Run A Radio Station.. by JDawg_0789 on 09-28-2005 at 02:41 PM

play em using wmp and have people connect to your port (the one you forwarded)