Shoutbox

XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) (/showthread.php?tid=50805)

XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by zeus6996 on 09-22-2005 at 09:55 PM

Which is better?

*-) XBOX2 VS PS3 *-)

do any of the systems have something the other doesn't?

:^)
RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by Negro_Joe on 09-22-2005 at 10:13 PM

Ps3 definitly, its officially at least twice as powerful as the Xbox 360, and is getting the next gen GTA, MGS, Devil May cry etc...

btw you dont know what your letting yourself in for by starting this thread...:P

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by SikStyles on 09-22-2005 at 10:18 PM

what i believe is taste, what do you like more?
If you are more comfortable with an Xbox then get an Xbox, if you like PS3 get that.

i personally prefer PS3

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by Negro_Joe on 09-22-2005 at 10:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SikStyles
i personally prefer PS3

good man :P

iv always had playstatiomns and i think there the best.. alot of new games are coming out on both, including prey, and condemned criminal origins, so i suppose it doesnt really matter....:S

But get a PS3 anyway :P
RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by Purity on 09-22-2005 at 11:04 PM

I like the xbox 360.....I just hate Playstations....everything about them, and the new design makes me not want it even more. :dodgy:

I want xbox360 because of perfect dark: Zero :drool:.

Sure ps3 can have better games some times, but xbxo is stil my favorite.

Sure the ps3 has more power, but I don't even care, doesnt really matter so much on graphics for me, its kewl and everything, i just like to play a good game.

I still play sega and super nitendo.

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by steVenB on 09-23-2005 at 12:12 AM

Im loyal to PS so I would have to say I would prefer PS3.

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by Pr0xY on 09-23-2005 at 12:37 AM

PS3 would be my choice... and I wouldn't regret it. 

When sony first came out with the PlayStation, it revolutionized the way people played video games.  I've been a big fan of Sony, the PS1, the PS2, PSP, and all the games + accessories that come with them (ie. Time crisis 1,2 & 3) ;)

I stand by Sony, and nothing will ever make me regret it or look back. 

And for the whole X-Box/X-Box360 having Halo+Halo2, I can always go over to my friends house to play it. (Since thats the only good game for that console{In my opinion}) :p

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by expert on 09-23-2005 at 01:58 AM

halo 3:drool:

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by Chop on 09-23-2005 at 03:28 AM

Is true, talking about grapichs (and power) is better the PS3, but this is not the only thing that matters, Xbox is the leader in the Live service (I know there is gonna be in all the next gen, but xbox live is better organized).
Xbox also will have good games, every console has their good thing.

Now, where is the revolution ? Many friends of mine are getting it, because its really fun to play it, i mean, Graphics is the only thing that matters? The answer is no. I can tell you that also Revolution is gonna rock, and i want to try the new controller, becuase it really looks revolutionary.

But ... When chosing i prefer:
Xbox 360 > Revolution > PS3

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by lordy on 09-23-2005 at 03:34 AM

they are seriously just upping the power so they can say OMFG LOOK AT THE POWER IN THIS THING. how long until a game comes out that actually uses all the power available in these things?? and how long till the PS3 developers fill up a blu-ray disc without completely filling it with crap??

imo, PS3, only because i dont really like xbox's and i've always had a PS. but i do have a Nintendo 64 and that just rocks

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by Jurassic_Ice on 09-23-2005 at 03:41 AM

I would chose PS3 ove XBOX 360, excpet for the fact that the boomerang shaped controllers look like ass. but halo is an amazing game and you cant get that on ps...

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by lordy on 09-23-2005 at 03:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic_Ice
but halo is an amazing game and you cant get that on ps...

i wish they would bring halo 2 out on PC, i have Halo 1 on PC and i LOVED it, but i dont think they ever would! :'(
RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by Jurassic_Ice on 09-23-2005 at 03:49 AM

i dont think so either, they didnt get enough $$ for it for PC

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by Patchou on 09-23-2005 at 05:04 AM

what the hell are you talking about about the PS3 being twice as powerful as the XBox360? this is simply not true. The only trustworthy comparisons I've read were from game developers who said that for what they had seen, both systems had an about equivalent amount of raw power, now, we'll just have to see which one can be exploited the best and for that, we'll have to wait at least 2 years, as it's always been (look at the games released during the first year of the PS2 and you'll swear these were PS1 games).

Nobody can say which one is better now simply because nobody owns one. In the end, it will be a matter of personal interests and will probably mostly depend on your opinions about the companies and the games they'll release :).

PS: as for me, the only system I'll buy during the release week will be a Nintendo Rev because I'm a 100% sure this one will be different and fun right from the beginning. I'll wait for something like Final Fantasy XIII before buying a PS3.

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by dylan! on 09-23-2005 at 05:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
what the hell are you talking about about the PS3 being twice as powerful as the XBox360? this is simply not true. The only trustworthy comparisons I've read were from game developers who said that for what they had seen, both systems had an about equivalent amount of raw power, now, we'll just have to see which one can be exploited the best and for that, we'll have to wait at least 2 years, as it's always been (look at the games released during the first year of the PS2 and you'll swear these were PS1 games).

Nobody can say which one is better now simply because nobody owns one. In the end, it will be a matter of personal interests and will probably mostly depend on your opinions about the companies and the games they'll release :).

and whats your opinion and personal favourite?;)

[edit from Patchou]I just added that :p[/edit from patchou]
RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by Pipish on 09-23-2005 at 05:26 AM

Xbox 360 for sure halo is the best series ever it is still my favourite game what game anything near halo can playstation call thier own

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by Pinchichuv on 09-23-2005 at 07:47 AM

PS3 all the way buy i think im gonna buy both, i just love halo, but i preffer ps3

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by Eljay on 09-23-2005 at 11:16 AM

both suits me too

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by _Humphreys on 09-23-2005 at 11:23 AM

If your going to ask me who I think will win the 3rd Gen Console War I would say the X-Box 360. I mean it's coming out 2006 with the Revoultion and it's going to cheap. Bearing in mind Nintendos recent bad luck in the market and that the PS3 won't be out till about 2007...the X-Box will be imho the system that will win.

Not that I like X-Box :D I am a Sony/Sega fan born and bread. I just think that Sony are taking the graphical side of things too much in the similar way X-Box did. It needs to focus less on gfx and needs to be out early (like PS2 was in comparison to the other consoles) then it will have the largest back catalog of games and it's already huge market position would make the PS3 win...but it looks not to be that way. ¬_¬

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by Eljay on 09-23-2005 at 11:27 AM

@carltos: xbox 360 is out this year not 2006.

RE: XBOX2 VS PS3 (comparison) by _Humphreys on 09-23-2005 at 11:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery
@carltos: xbox 360 is out this year not 2006.

Well that proves my point even more. :D When the PS3 comes out it's going to fizzle out in a matter of months.

And with my exprience with the Playstation 2...I won't be buying a PS3 untill the 2 or 3rd series of the console comes out.