Shoutbox

Google BlogSearch - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Google BlogSearch (/showthread.php?tid=50820)

Google BlogSearch by John Anderton on 09-23-2005 at 12:12 PM

I havent really been active for the past month but this is news to me so here i came to post it :)

quote:
Originally posted by SixApart.com

As will undoubtedly make the rounds everywhere in the blogosphere today, Google has just launched Google Blog Search. Google's perhaps the single company most identitied with search, so their entrance into the blog search space is a big milestone even though the idea of blog search has been around for years.

For the basics of what the Blog Search team has done, you can take a look at the Frequently-Asked Questions list which does a good job of covering the basics. But at a time when everyone will be talking about (and hopefully thinking about) blog search again, it makes sense to review where we've been so far, and what problems need to be solved in the realm of blog search.

First, the new Blog Search works. All the basic functions you'd expect from Google search results are present, including ranking results by date or by relevance. (Interestingly, the default is by relevance, like other Google searches, instead of by date, which is the default for most blog displays.) But more importantly, the advanced search offers powerful functionality such as searching by date ranges and limiting to individual blog authors, in addition to features like searching for words in a blog post title or by language, which have been deployed in the past on other services.

Read more here
Google Blog Search

w00t my blog :grin:
Incentive for "some" lazy bloggers to think of a slogan :rolleyes:
RE: Google BlogSearch by TheGeek on 09-23-2005 at 08:48 PM

Woot, it also found my blog :p

RE: Google BlogSearch by Lou on 09-23-2005 at 09:22 PM

its news to me too:O

It is an awesome step for google. This may help furthur...but it doesn't display my wordpress blog:(

RE: Google BlogSearch by Negro_Joe on 09-23-2005 at 09:23 PM

Is there anything it cant do.....?

RE: Google BlogSearch by prashker on 09-23-2005 at 11:09 PM

what the i found a reputation i gave :P http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch?hl=en&q=S...&btnG=Search+Blogs

RE: Google BlogSearch by albert on 09-24-2005 at 12:37 AM

Damn.. Google is just getting so important/smart .. it starting to scare me..

RE: Google BlogSearch by John Anderton on 09-25-2005 at 11:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
what the i found a reputation i gave
Apart from searching for blogs .... no :P
It makes it much easier to find em ;)

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
its news to me too:O

It is an awesome step for google. This may help furthur...but it doesn't display my wordpress blog:(
Does your blog show up on google.com's search. Try using words that arent too common. If it does then it should be here .... else *-) it must have not classified your blog as a blog :S
And its nothing to do with you having a wordpress blog cause mine runs wp too :D