Shoutbox

- Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: (/showthread.php?tid=50826)

by Servien on 09-23-2005 at 01:36 PM

Hi,

Well my Spanish isn't what it used to be... but it seems there is a capitalisation error, I'm not sure if it is, I'm just checking here... In the Latino version of Espaņol the words in the Plus! menu are capitalised (just like in the English version) and in the version for Espaņa they are not (like in most Indo-European languages).... see attachments for example.

Serv

Latino:
[Image: Esp-lat.JPG]

Espaņa:
[Image: Esp-esp.JPG]

by L. Coyote on 09-23-2005 at 01:44 PM

Well, I believe they did it more like a feature naming in Latin Spanish.

Whereas in Spain people tend to write "correctly", so I guess that's why they chose it that way.

:P I like it capitalized, tbh.

by Servien on 09-23-2005 at 01:47 PM

Okay, I was just curious 'cause it just looks really weird like that. :p

I like it uncapitalised, looks more professional (H)

by Choli on 09-23-2005 at 11:31 PM

Hi, i'm one of the spanish-spain translator...

well, the most correct is it write only the first letter in capitals. In spanish (the same as in French or in english) only the first letter of personal nouns and words after a period should be in capitals. In german, for example, all nouns go in capital.

however, in a software that doesn't really matter very much... what is really important is that all sentences in the software follow the same rule. In spanish-spain we chose to capitalise only the first word, and in spanish-latino (it seems that) they chose to capitalise all nouns and verbs.

Personally, I like more our decission, but I don't see any bug in latino's translation. I think it's also a very good translation.

quote:
Originally posted by Leo

Whereas in Spain people tend to write "correctly", so I guess that's why they chose it that way.
yeah, that's the point... also, maybe, spanish-latin people are more influenced by USA and english, and I think it's usual to see software with This Kind of Capitalisation.
by Leif on 09-24-2005 at 04:22 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Servien
Okay, I was just curious 'cause it just looks really weird like that. :p

I like it uncapitalised, looks more professional (H)

I agree with your completely!
by Chrono on 09-28-2005 at 03:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Leo
exactly :P
quote:
Originally posted by Leo
exactly :P
quote:
Originally posted by Choli
and in spanish-latino (it seems that) they chose to capitalise all nouns and verbs.
exactly :P (isnt it cool to be late on a thread and to be able to quote others to give your opinion? :refuck:

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
yeah, that's the point... also, maybe, spanish-latin people are more influenced by USA and english, and I think it's usual to see software with This Kind of Capitalisation.
Blah, maybe :P. Feature -> capitalized, that's how it works in the spanish latin translation, just like the english one.

by jpg050 on 09-28-2005 at 09:14 AM

Well, in fact capitalised things looked horrible, at least for me...
and still there are some in our translation, in titles, preferences...

I think it looks better like that ^o)