Shoutbox

Need Fast help w/ Apache/ Port Problem -SOLVED- - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Need Fast help w/ Apache/ Port Problem -SOLVED- (/showthread.php?tid=50830)

Need Fast help w/ Apache/ Port Problem -SOLVED- by albert on 09-23-2005 at 04:05 PM

ok.. I installed XAMPP to be able to run my own radio station.. now problem is, i cant seem to run APACHE, which is rlly weird.. I went into the FAQ and it told me it may be because of some other program using the port 80.. now I dunt know much bout ports or APACHE server or anything.. But I would like to know how to check which application is using that port so I can stop it and start apache..

Thx for you quick help,

lp15

RE: Need Fast help w/ Apache/ Port Problem by ipab on 09-23-2005 at 04:30 PM

most ftp programs are able to forward through port 80 in case some hosts block port 23, there are several programs that are able to do this, maybe a listing of running processes would be ideal for us to help you. Nothing is usually running in port 80 as this is the http port, usually its things like mail clients and such that redirect throught this port, so my guess is close all running processes and start them up in sequence.

RE: Need Fast help w/ Apache/ Port Problem by WDZ on 09-23-2005 at 05:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lp15
But I would like to know how to check which application is using that port so I can stop it and start apache..
To do it without installing any extra programs...

- Open a command prompt and run "netstat -aon"
- Look in the "Local Address" column for something ending with ":80"
- Look over at the "PID" column and remember that number
- Open the Task Manager, switch to the Processes tab, and find that PID. If you don't see the PID column, enable it under "View > Select Columns."

Or just download a copy of TCPView. :p