Shoutbox

Internet radio bandwidth server - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Internet radio bandwidth server (/showthread.php?tid=50849)

Internet radio bandwidth server by DJeX on 09-24-2005 at 02:00 AM

I'm working a net radio station. I know many of you on the forum have or own a portion of a server. I was wondering if I could use someone’s server for bandwidth since my internet connection has only 800 kb upload which is only about 8 people at 92 kbps audio that can listen to my station. You would have to install shoutcast on your server and set up an account but then the rest I could do. It wouldn’t take up any space just bandwidth. Those of you with unlimited bandwidth it wouldn't matter.

Would any one be generous enough to help me out here? I don't have much money to pay for the hosting that’s why I'm asking. So in return if you need help with a website or help with something I can do that.

If not then I'll find some other way. Thanks!

RE: Internet radio bandwidth server by brian on 09-24-2005 at 02:02 AM

Don't think its "that" easy because they'd require shell access, and I think not they'll provide it.

RE: Internet radio bandwidth server by DJeX on 09-24-2005 at 02:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by brian
Don't think its "that" easy because they'd require shell access, and I think not they'll provide it.

Some provide it.

RE: Internet radio bandwidth server by albert on 09-24-2005 at 02:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DJeX
I'm working a net radio station. I know many of you on the forum have or own a portion of a server. I was wondering if I could use someone’s server for bandwidth since my internet connection has only 800 kb upload which is only about 8 people at 92 kbps audio that can listen to my station. You would have to install shoutcast on your server and set up an account but then the rest I could do. It wouldn’t take up any space just bandwidth. Those of you with unlimited bandwidth it wouldn't matter.

Would any one be generous enough to help me out here? I don't have much money to pay for the hosting that’s why I'm asking. So in return if you need help with a website or help with something I can do that.

If not then I'll find some other way. Thanks!

I wouldnt mind helping out at the one condition that you show me how to run a radio station from my pc.. I have been trying my ass off.. aint seem to work..

RE: Internet radio bandwidth server by BigTrev on 09-24-2005 at 03:42 AM

I wouldnt mind help either as i have a unlimited bandwidth on a vps that i run shoutcast servers on.  Just pm me with msn or aim address. ;)