Shoutbox

How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. (/showthread.php?tid=50874)

How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by .Roy on 09-24-2005 at 04:56 PM

http://funnyjunk.com/pages/mindreader.htm

It gets  the right answer 100% of the time, i dont know how it does this.

Try it yourself ;)

Edit: Read the rules, you have to concentrate on it.

And how does this work? There are no such thing as mind readers...

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by _Humphreys on 09-24-2005 at 04:58 PM

Well first I pressed the button and looked at nothing so it got it wrong. :P Second time I played it properly and it got it wrong. 100% bah. :P

Edit: It worked this time but I knew how this worked before I tried it. Anything like this is to do with Maths or Human's tendicies.

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by .Roy on 09-24-2005 at 04:59 PM

err,  u need to concentrate on the answer. It works try it again o.o

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by Vilkku on 09-24-2005 at 04:59 PM

Well, actually the result can only be a specific set of numbers, so if you pick two numbers you should see that they both have the same symbol :)

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by Yousef on 09-24-2005 at 05:01 PM

You can only have certain numbers in your mind, those numbers all have the same image.
* Yousef doesn't feel like a math explanation atm

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by .Roy on 09-24-2005 at 05:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Vilkku
Well, actually the result can only be a specific set of numbers, so if you pick two numbers you should see that they both have the same symbol :)

thats not right, I chose 90, so i concentrated on 81 and they have different symbols then i clicked the globe and it got it right...

Juzzi:

I choose numbers at random, and it still works. how does it know which number u choose anyhow.
RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by Yousef on 09-24-2005 at 05:05 PM

You will always think of 81 79 72 68 63 et cetera. Those numbers will also always have the same image

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by .Roy on 09-24-2005 at 05:06 PM

http://www.cyberglass.co.uk/cyberglass_content.php, i dont see how there can be a script for this mind reading thing.

and no juzzi, i thought of differnet numbers, and they ALL had different answers which was right.
RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by Yousef on 09-24-2005 at 05:10 PM

But after substracting the stuff it will always be 81 72 ...... Try it out, the image will always be the same one as 81

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by Mike on 09-24-2005 at 05:11 PM

A similar one: http://www.mysticalball.com :P

A hint: Every number you find is a multiple (typo?) of 9 ;)

It also took me some time to understand it, but now, it is very easy :)

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by .Roy on 09-24-2005 at 05:17 PM

oh wait its easy now i understand, i just didnt get how it gets different symbols everytime! and its because it changes the chart :) thanks.

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by haydos on 09-24-2005 at 05:18 PM

The symbol I ended up with gave the following numbers next to that same symbol 98, 93, 81, 80, 72, 69, 63, 61, 54, 45, 36, 34, 33, 30, 27, 18, or 9

If you look at the numbers above, you should notice that all of the numbers in you nine times table (9, 18, 27, 36, 45, 54, 63,...) are all appearing under the same symbol. THis is because a multiple of 9 is the ONLY possible answer, no matter what number you chose.

For example, lets say you chose 80.
8 + 0 =8
80 - 8 = 72

But then if you look at the answer for choosing 81
8 + 1 = 9
81 - 9 = 72

It always gives a multiple of 9

This program has no way of reading your mind (hint for next time: computers cant read your mind), all it does is allocate one symbol for every value of 9 (as well as a few other numbers to make it look inconspicuous) and this symbol will also appear in the crystal ball.

EDIT: I type all that now you have worked it out... typical 8-) :P

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by Yousef on 09-24-2005 at 05:24 PM

Ah of course, every number in between 80 and 90 will be 72.  so will every number betwenn 60 and 70, et cetera

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by matty on 09-24-2005 at 05:29 PM

Sorry to ruin everyones fun but the symbols are changed eachtime. This was explained once to me how it works i will see if I can figure it out.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=539869]

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by haydos on 09-24-2005 at 05:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Juzzi
Ah of course, every number in between 80 and 90 will be 72.  so will every number betwenn 60 and 70, et cetera

Exactly, all the numbers from 60-70 give 63
If people are trying any mind trick similar to this with numbers it often invloves the number 9 because you can create a lot of patterns with the number (eg EVERY multiple of 9 has numbers which add up to nine like 63: 6+3=9 or 2241: 2+2+4+1=9)

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Sorry to ruin everyones fun but the symbols are changed eachtime. This was explained once to me how it works i will see if I can figure it out.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=539869]
They are changed each time but the symbol for 9 is always the same as the symbol for 18 and the symbol for 27 and the symbol for 36 ... all the way up to 81. That same symbol will appear in the crystal. Its just a pattern
RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by Fourjays on 09-24-2005 at 06:17 PM

Yup, I see how it works. ;)

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by Concord Dawn on 09-24-2005 at 10:20 PM

It didn't work.

RE: How does this MIND READER Flash work, it actually works :S. by SikStyles on 09-24-2005 at 10:24 PM

yes, my math teacher figured it out how it works..its all mathematical
the symbols beside the number change each time you click try again