Shoutbox

Ranks are in for Safest place to live! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! (/showthread.php?tid=50892)

Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by Jurassic_Ice on 09-24-2005 at 11:11 PM

Luxembourg was voted the safest place to live in the world. Ottawa was ranked 20th safest city to live in.

All 5 Canadian cities in the survey scored well, with high quality of life, according to a survey released yesterday. Vancouver coming in 3rd city overall in quality of life (tied with Vienna [Austria]). The German cities of Frankfurt, Munish and Duesseldorf tied for 5th.

Toronto was ranked 14th overall for quality of life (how the hell did toronto beat ottawa? lol) Montreal was 22nd, and Calgary was 25th. The Swiss cities of Bern, Geneva, an Zurich, and the Finnish capital Helsinki, were tied for 2nd palce.

The safety survey evauluated 215 locations for crime levels and internal stability. All Canadian cities covered the top 20 rankins for personal safety and security. Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, and Vancouver ranked jointly in position 18.

The 5 safest cities in the USA were tied in 45th place. Honolulu, Houston, Lexington, Kentucky, and San Fran. New York was 58th while Atlanta had the lowest U.S Ranking at 90th.

The Iraqi capital, Baghdad was ranked the world's least safe city, followed by Abidjam, Ivory Coast (Africa).

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by Stigmata on 09-24-2005 at 11:13 PM

a link to see where our cities ranked?

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by Jurassic_Ice on 09-24-2005 at 11:14 PM

sorry, I got this from the local newspaper, i just typed what it said.

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by vacuumo on 09-25-2005 at 04:20 PM

It wouldn't be that hard to GOOGLE the article if we atleast had the name of the newspaper and the date of the issue.

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by Anubis on 09-25-2005 at 04:44 PM

Shame that my home town isn't a city, hopefully it will be soon, it's applied several times. But my home town was listed in The Idler magazine's book of Crap Towns in the UK. Which isn't that good :p. Also we have the 4th highest crime rate in the UK. But we do have the highest reduction rate in crime over the last 2 years, which is an upside.
However it's doubtfull that any city in Great Britain is listed as worse than a city in the USA in terms of safety due to the simple fact that we're not dumb enough to let our criminals get their hands on guns as easily.

Edit: Forgot to say it's Middlesbrough :p

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by ayjay on 09-25-2005 at 05:35 PM

where do you live?

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by _Humphreys on 09-25-2005 at 05:59 PM

8-|

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by Stigmata on 09-25-2005 at 06:03 PM

Stratford was in the top 5 most desirable places to live in britian.

:)

closest place to me...

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by ayjay on 09-25-2005 at 06:46 PM

Middlesbrough isn't a city?

Shows how much geography I know lol

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by prashker on 09-25-2005 at 07:01 PM

LOL Jurassic I live in Ottawa too thats SICK.

U near South Keys? Silver City?

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by evil_panda on 09-25-2005 at 07:49 PM

Studley is either the bigest or the smallest village in england and thats where i live btw :P

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by Jimcando on 09-25-2005 at 08:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by evil_panda
Studley is either the bigest or the smallest village in england and thats where i live btw :P

quote:
Originally posted by Wikipedia
[Studley] is sometimes claimed to be the largest village in England, however this is incorrect as it is not even the largest village in Warwickshire. Both Polesworth and Bulkington are larger.
So its neither :(

Check here

I live in good old Haworth - I could say its a nice place but there are too many chavs :D
RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by evil_panda on 09-25-2005 at 08:10 PM

damn u jimcando you proved me wrong:(

RE: RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by Jurassic_Ice on 09-26-2005 at 01:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
LOL Jurassic I live in Ottawa too thats SICK.

U near South Keys? Silver City?

i live in riverside south, its behind the airport. however i go to southkeys every week, same with silvercity. iv been to each at least 500 times lol. iv been in ottawa for 10 years..wat about you?
RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by prashker on 09-26-2005 at 02:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic_Ice
i live in riverside south, its behind the airport. however i go to southkeys every week, same with silvercity. iv been to each at least 500 times lol. iv been in ottawa for 10 years..wat about you?

my whole life. My friend lives in Riverside South to. His name is Shayan. You know him?

I have been here my who life. 12 years:D

and i go to South Keys more because i live near McArthey
RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by Jurassic_Ice on 09-26-2005 at 02:09 AM

oh, your only 12? im 17...so i wouldnt know him lol, but thats cool

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by qgroessl on 09-26-2005 at 02:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic_Ice
oh, your only 12? im 17

That's why the avatar, name, post count, age, rep, sex, status, and joined are all on the left hand side of the screen ;)... lol
RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by prashker on 09-26-2005 at 02:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Profile of SonicSam

lol I just read your and it said your 17 so then I realised you woudnt know him.
RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by Jurassic_Ice on 09-26-2005 at 02:17 AM

ahaha your correct, i just checked that right now...but i saw someone that had age 2, i forgot who it was...lol

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by *Saint* on 09-26-2005 at 02:56 PM

http://www.citymayors.com/features/quality_survey.html

Thats The list of The Top 55 Best Quality of Life Cities. Its All Based On New York Whose Score is 100

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by Cee-estee on 09-26-2005 at 11:37 PM

Yay Canada! I'm surprised USA didn't do so well...but then again, maybe I shouldn't be. I don't feel like checking my hometown, but I'm assuming only fairly major places are included.

- Cee

RE: Ranks are in for Safest place to live! by -rafy- on 09-26-2005 at 11:51 PM

Good to see Sydney ranked =3rd :)

America ranks low, cause well it may be the richest country, but it is also a sad story of inequality gone wild.