Shoutbox

Important Poll for Messenger Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=50899)

Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by Patchou on 09-25-2005 at 06:39 AM

Hey everyone,

I've modified my stats a little bit in the next version of Messenger Plus! to be able to count users rather than computers. For this stat to be as precise as possible, I need you to answer to the following simple question on this poll: do you connect on the same Messenger account on more than one computer regularly (at least once a week) ?

Thank you :)
Patchou

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by Hank on 09-25-2005 at 06:46 AM

Patchou..just a Tip. you might wanna put the Question in Bold  make it easier for other people to read the question properly

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by Weyzza on 09-25-2005 at 08:52 AM

Err...

1. Does signing in using Web Messenger count as "connecting on the same Messenger account from different computers"?

2. Do the other computers I use to sign in need to have Plus! installed?

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by Anubis on 09-25-2005 at 09:02 AM

How will a poll of the forum community help, when the people who use Plus (involved in the statistics) will be in a much greater number and have nothing to do with the forum?

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by Mike on 09-25-2005 at 09:08 AM

Well ... yes, I do...
I sign in from the two computers I have at house, where both have Messenger Plus! installed, and I also sign in from an intenet cafe where they dont have Plus! installed :(

But, other people sign in too from the same computers at house...

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by _Humphreys on 09-25-2005 at 09:27 AM

I have a small network of three PC's and I use them all for MSN every week.

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
How will a poll of the forum community help, when the people who use Plus (involved in the statistics) will be in a much greater number and have nothing to do with the forum?

I have to agree with Anubis here, you should be asking the majority not us the minority. Our habits will be a lot different from the majority imo.

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by absorbation on 09-25-2005 at 10:09 AM

I only use the one computer and anbuis is right you should write up something for the main site or make sure people who come on these forums visit this thread :)

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by Giulia on 09-25-2005 at 11:22 AM

Yes, from my mother's home and my father's home. Erf !!

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 09-25-2005 at 11:49 AM

No i dont but yeah i like the idea of having stats per account and not per computer cause other people also use my comp in my family. So they are not counted in the stats *-)
Like there are 3 - 4 ppl at a given time in my house but only 1 is accounted for ..... so the no. of users is more than what the stats currently show :)

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by qgroessl on 09-25-2005 at 02:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton
No i dont but yeah i like the idea of having stats per account and not per computer cause other people also use my comp in my family. So they are not counted in the stats *-)
Like there are 3 - 4 ppl at a given time in my house but only 1 is accounted for ..... so the no. of users is more than what the stats currently show :)

Yeah, but then if they also answer the poll then they're counted also!

EDIT: And... to make sure people see it wouldn't making it a sticky help that?
RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by John Anderton on 09-25-2005 at 03:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
quote:
Originally posted by John Anderton

Yeah, but then if they also answer the poll then they're counted also!

EDIT: And... to make sure people see it wouldn't making it a sticky help that?
my parents and my bro arent a part of this forum :refuck:
But if they were then they should vote cause .... well thats the whole point aint it :P
RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by Mnjul on 09-25-2005 at 05:19 PM

Yes for Feb. 2004 ~ May 2005
No for the rest of my life with Messenger :P

I mean, the answer is No.

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by Ezra on 09-25-2005 at 07:05 PM

At Home, at School, and at friends places.

So Yes :P

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by prashker on 09-25-2005 at 07:10 PM

Home school firends moms library Internet Cafes:D

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by matty on 09-25-2005 at 08:35 PM

I think it's refering to do you login into multiple computers atleast once a week that has Plus! installed. Since Patchou is keepnig track of how many users he has it would need to have Plus! installed.

I say have an MD5 hash of the email address sent to the server along with the other stats to keep track of how many unique users he has.

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by mwe99 on 09-25-2005 at 09:56 PM

I guess i can be included as i sometimes use the downstairs PC to connect to my account.

I dont know if i count as regular it depends if i wanna use the downstairs one to watch a movie or something...  sometimes its once a week sometimes its more somtimes its none

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by CookieRevised on 09-25-2005 at 10:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
I guess i can be included as i sometimes use the downstairs PC to connect to my account.
read closely:

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
do you connect on the same Messenger account on more than one computer regularly (at least once a week) ?

The question is not if you once connected with another PC, or sometimes use the internet cafe to get online. The question is if you use more than 1 computer on a regulary basis to connect to msn. eg: everyday during the day from school and in the evening from home.
RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by Idium on 10-01-2005 at 10:57 PM

not once a week, i go 2 my sisters house once a forghtnight and connect 2 my msn account there so for the basis of this polls rules i have 2 say no

RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by saralk on 10-02-2005 at 11:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis

proportional representation
RE: Important Poll for Messenger Plus! by rav0 on 10-02-2005 at 01:07 PM

... never works

I don't, but I'd like to. My other computer has no network and my school blocks it :(. (that means no)