Shoutbox

Wireless Router for PSP - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Wireless Router for PSP (/showthread.php?tid=50903)

Wireless Router for PSP by Nathan on 09-25-2005 at 09:18 AM

Hiya,
Is there a wireless router just for the psp?
As in our house we have a wired router but i dont think you can use them for a psp.
Or is there like a add on which you put in the network port to make just  that port wireless?
Thanks,

RE: Wireless Router for PSP by _Humphreys on 09-25-2005 at 09:22 AM

I think that the PSP can connect to wireless routers and nothing else. Wether this is through as you said an adapter or not I don't know.

Edit: The PSP contains a Embedded Wireless LAN (802.11) so it will be able to connect to Wireless Routers.

RE: Wireless Router for PSP by M73A on 09-25-2005 at 09:58 AM

i know you can connect a psp using USB but i don't know if it will use the internet through that....

i don't think needing a wireless router to use the internet on the psp is reall fair because wireless routers are actually quite pricey...

RE: Wireless Router for PSP by _Humphreys on 09-25-2005 at 10:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by M73A
i don't think needing a wireless router to use the internet on the psp is reall fair because wireless routers are actually quite pricey...

Really? I got mine for 40 pounds and it's pretty good.
RE: Wireless Router for PSP by M73A on 09-25-2005 at 10:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
quote:

Really? I got mine for 40 pounds and it's pretty good.

lol... mine was bout 90 pound... then another 20 for the pci card.. lol
RE: Wireless Router for PSP by Nathan on 09-25-2005 at 10:10 AM

well it's my birthday tomoz. And I've already got £85 (I've been saving up for a month) and i need another 100 for a psp but if i have anough first on list is router :P

RE: Wireless Router for PSP by kierant on 09-25-2005 at 10:19 AM

Got mine off Ebayfor £40

RE: Wireless Router for PSP by Anubis on 09-25-2005 at 11:56 AM

The PSP can connect to any router which supports 802.11b but not 802.11g. However many 802.11g routers can support both the 802.11b and 802.11b standards, look at your routers manual for more infomation. Also the PSP 2.0 now supports both WEP and WPA secured networks.

quote:
There's no other way to do it without including an inbuilt mobile phone that connects to the internet which 1) Would increase the price of the PSP 2) Would cost a lot to go on the internet for long periods.
RE: Wireless Router for PSP by brian on 09-25-2005 at 12:01 PM

I had a Linksys WRT54G V1, was pretty crappy, 10 forwarding ports only, I tried to flash with aftermarket BIOS and let's say it failed, RMA'd it and got a brand new V4.1 WRT54G. :banana:

I'm currently using the one I bought while it came back, a D-Link AirPlus Xtreme-G 624.  It can go up to 108Mbps wireless with special adapters!