Shoutbox

Feature request: Remote control - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Feature request: Remote control (/showthread.php?tid=50905)

Feature request: Remote control by Luigi on 09-25-2005 at 10:31 AM

The old MessengerDiscovery had a remote control feature, it wasn't really great, but it was good for changing status/friendly name/check online contacts without logging on from another msn, but just connecting to your computer's one.
A better remote control feature would be great, something to chat with your contacts like using Web Messenger, but I think it will be difficult and take a lot of time.
It will be possible to see something similar in a new Plus! release? :happy:

RE: Feature request: Remote control by M73A on 09-25-2005 at 10:35 AM

i don't understand what you want?

sorry it might just be me but could you explain your idea more? :P

RE: Feature request: Remote control by Luigi on 09-25-2005 at 10:41 AM

You open your messenger plus! (or plugin, or whatever) and select a port and a password, then you go away from home and leave your pc connected to internet, then using a web browser you go to http://your.ip:yourport, insert your password and get a web interface of your MSN, and you can see your contact list, change your friendly name, and so on...

Now is it better explained? :P

Edit: removed some typos

RE: Feature request: Remote control by M73A on 09-25-2005 at 10:43 AM

why not just use a remote control program for the whole pc... lol... i do:P

RemoteAdmin does the enter ip and password thing... i'd recommend it (Y)... but i see what you mean about having the contact list show up... sounds good for school *-)

RE: Feature request: Remote control by daniel142005 on 10-17-2005 at 02:09 AM

i had started a plugin that did this... but instead of you conneting directly to your computer, you went to another website that connected to that plugin. but you could still put it on your computer... if you where to set up a web server or somthing. or you could just use RealVNC, its a remote control program that doesnt require a program to be downloaded to connect to a remote pc, you can view it in a web browser from any where in the world (you do have to have java to view it online), or you can use the client and get a whole lot more features.

If enough people want this plugin then ill finish making it... but i dont know about talking to people online with it, i might need a little help with that (im still new to the language)

RE: Feature request: Remote control by Stan on 10-18-2005 at 10:44 PM

Or you could use the Remote Desktop feature built into Windows XP. Just enabled Remote Desktop in the System Properties on the host, and then to control your computer from a remote client, just type mstsc in run, and enter in the ip of your pc! :)

RE: Feature request: Remote control by Joe on 10-19-2005 at 12:28 AM

I know a great remote control program.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=51946

RE: Feature request: Remote control by Rojay on 03-05-2006 at 04:11 PM

this is an old topic but still
anything new about this ?
because i cant access sites like LogMeIn.com from uni
so it would be better to have some web interface for MSN Messenger
like eMule if anyone here uses it

RE: Feature request: Remote control by Menthix on 03-05-2006 at 04:24 PM

I think the scripting in Plus! Live might be able to do this. But i don't know since nobody except Patchou really worked with scripting yet. We'll know when MP!L releases (arround the same date that WLM will do their final public release).