Shoutbox

improvement idea - single chat feature - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: improvement idea - single chat feature (/showthread.php?tid=50944)

improvement idea - single chat feature by greg001 on 09-26-2005 at 02:37 PM

hello,
i have an idea for a great improvement that would help me out.
when i get into work in the morning, and log in, i get crazy pinged by other developers, support people, and deployment people.  it would be great to have a setting that would allow only 1 chat at a time.  so if it was enabled, the first person in to me would get to chat.  the others would not even open up on my side.  to reduce the stress of knowing they were pinging me.  but a message would get send to them like "the person you are trying to contact is running IM in single person chat mode.  they cannot see your chat request.  please try later".

this would be a great help to me.  wondering if others would like this?

RE: improvement idea - single chat feature by mwe99 on 09-26-2005 at 03:00 PM

You could just use the

/blockgrp <name>

function then unblock a single contact.

RE: RE: improvement idea - single chat feature by dgelwin on 09-26-2005 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
You could just use the

/blockgrp <name>

function then unblock a single contact.

but this isnt what he wants, what he wants is that if he opens a windows bassically everyone just gets placed in line an first come first served that while he is chatting until heis finished no one can enterfere and that one by one after completing the chat with one the other opens.

this is a neat idea but i have no idea if its possible. :(
RE: improvement idea - single chat feature by greg001 on 09-26-2005 at 08:51 PM

yea, exactly.  a queue.  where everyone is blocked except for the first in.  pretty cool idea.  right?

RE: improvement idea - single chat feature by multimillion2k on 09-26-2005 at 09:15 PM

If you want to inform everyone that you're chatting to someone else, you can use the /all command - perhaps even create a personalised status or quicktext which you can assign a shortcut key to.
I know stuffplugNG has an ignore feature, which will discard any received messages from any contact. It doesn't notify them however, so as far as your contact is concerned you may be seen as a jerk for not replying to any of their messages.

Perhaps the tabbed feature may be useful to you when the new version or msgplus is released - you'll still get all your convos, but at least they will be tabbed nicely in one window :)