Shoutbox

Support to an Official Brazilian Translation - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Translation (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+----- Thread: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation (/showthread.php?tid=50949)

Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by xBellox on 09-26-2005 at 04:24 PM

As a Brazilian fan of MsgPlus, I must support Heyder and his work.

I prefer to use MsgPlus in english than use Portuguese from Portugal translation. It´s simply irritating read "Ficheiro", "Palavra Passe" (incompressible), and the 'c' in "contacto", "actualizar" and others.

Please Patchou, make the translation offcial to us.  I´m sure that this act will made the MsgPlus more Popular than ever in Brazil (it´s already popular).  Brazil is one of biggers Internet Country User, just see the researchs. In Orkut, Fotolog, we are majority. The numbers of MSN users in Brazil are at least 8x greatter than MSN users in Portugal.

---------------------------------------------------------

A little comment about the closed thread:

Gonçalo Ferreira says soo many nonsenses in his post that make me sick.

quote:
two things a) the differences are in fact rare and not significant (if you know how to read the language)

Are you really a translator??? This is a kind of afirmation that none translator should say. The differences are NOT rare neither not significant.

quote:
I don’t know if this is the correct way to say this in english
Ok, now you have answered me the previous question

quote:
Well, it's known that in Brazil many words are adapted (or realy are) from the english, like that one could probably be, and I believe that way you can more easily understand what it's referring to, but there are
some reasons not to use it, namely a) there's a clear translation, so there's no reason not to translate it, b) the whole translation is supposed to be read by any kind of people, including doctors and children that only know it's mother language and c) the whole translation must be absolutely formal, direct to the point, and in absolute conformity with the grammar (I must also add that our translation is checked by a certified and experienced portuguese teacher apart from the team, so I can honestly tell you that our translation would certainly fit on any iso-certification rules )

Man, you REALLY don´t known NOTHING about Portuguese from Brazil. Many words in Brazil are in English and is in OFFICIALS dictionaries like "DICIONÁRIO HOUAISS DA LÍNGUA PORTUGUESA" and "Melhoramentos". One of those words is, peharps, "status".

So don´t try to tell us, how we should to translate our own language.

quote:
We have it as "ficheiro" and you changed it to "arquivo" (archive). Well, obviously "ficheiro" is the most correct way to translate "file".

Only in Portugal!!! All softwares translated to Brazilian portuguese use "Arquivo". Maybe you can write a email to microsoft, macromedia, sun and others to ask then to fire its translators. Again, don´t say us how we should translate!

quote:
but the reason not to use it is that "palavra passe" is more accurate to the situation, "senha" is not so catchy for first-time users and less experienced users on computres, not to mention that other portuguese software’s use "palavra passe" so we decided to keep the uniformity on this one.
Ok, so if you decided to "keep the uniformity", Why do not "keep the uniformity" for Brazilian Portuguese with an Official translation?. By the way, "palavra passe" is incompressible to Brazilians.

quote:
After talking to some brazillian friends, the only actual difference to their way of speaking by looking to our translation is just the "c"s which is, in their own words, "irrelevant".

I´m certainly not your friend, but the "c"´s aren´t relevant to understand, but is the same to say that we don´t need to translate for eg "no" because everybody understand it.

I´m sure that Gonçalo Ferreira said this absurdity because he known that there are more Brazilian MSN users than Portuguese MSN users, so his translation will become insignificant.

Heyder, keep with your good work, I´ll always donwload your translation and i´m sure that a lot of people will do the same.

ps: Sorry about my English, I´m not a translator so this text can contain some errors. (or a lot of them :)).

Heyder, nem liga para esses caras, eles não querem concorrência, eles se acham especiais. Continua com as traduções que a gente agradece :)

See Ya,
Eduardo Bello
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by Heyder on 09-26-2005 at 07:06 PM

My friend Eduardo,
Thank you very much for their solidarity words and defense in my favor. Is for people like you (and so many other Brazilian) that me cheer up in continuing to post the translation,  ignoring the that only know to do critics no constructive and accusations futile to my work. ...thank you for the help.
Be comfortable to collaborate, to point my mistakes of translation with the objective of getting better, to give ideas, better words, finally. . . Two heads thinking with a common objective is always better than just one. I thank your solidarity once again.

Meu caro, Eduardo, valeu!
Muito obrigado por suas palavras de solidariedade e defesa em meu favor. É por pessoas como você (e tantos outros brasileiros) que a gente se anima em continuar postanto essa tradução, alheio aos que só sabem fazer críticas não construtivas e acusações hilárias ao seu trabalho. Você realmente foi incisivo (curto e grosso, como se diz) em suas afirmações... obrigado pela ajuda.
(Y) Fique à vontade para colaborar, apontar erros meus de tradução com o objetivo de melhorar, dar idéias, melhores palavras, enfim... Duas cabeças pensando com um objetivo comum é sempre melhor que apenas uma. Agradeço mais uma vez sua solidariedade. 8-|

Dr. Heyder

RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by CookieRevised on 09-27-2005 at 09:32 PM

[OFF TOPIC]

xBellox, mind you that there are already tons of threads about this discussion and it actually didn't needed yet another one as everything is already been said before. You might as well revive an old (still open) thread about it if you like....

Simply searching the forum would have revealed them.

And thus one of the reasons why the thread is closed is because there are already several of them and none have added more information then others....

[/OFF TOPIC]

----------------------------

Anyways, from an outsider point of view...

quote:
Originally posted by xBellox
quote:
two things a) the differences are in fact rare and not significant (if you know how to read the language)
Are you really a translator??? This is a kind of afirmation that none translator should say. The differences are NOT rare neither not significant.
from what I've seen by comparing the two translations (the one from Heyder and the official portuguese one), the differences _are_ very rare.

So either he did simply copy most of it, or either there is not real difference between the written langauges (note that there is a difference between a written language and a spoken language)

quote:
quote:
I don’t know if this is the correct way to say this in english
Ok, now you have answered me the previous question
that remark is seriously uncalled for...

quote:
Man, you REALLY don´t known NOTHING about Portuguese from Brazil. Many words in Brazil are in English and is in OFFICIALS dictionaries like "DICIONÁRIO HOUAISS DA LÍNGUA PORTUGUESA" and "Melhoramentos". One of those words is, peharps, "status".

So don´t try to tell us, how we should to translate our own language.
About dictionnaries: they aren't the holy grale! They contain many mistakes too. Also there are dictionnaries for every possible rare, remote dialect you can think of. So the "but a dictionnary exists for the language" argument isn't very valid in this context...

quote:
quote:
After talking to some brazillian friends, the only actual difference to their way of speaking by looking to our translation is just the "c"s which is, in their own words, "irrelevant".

I´m certainly not your friend, but the "c"´s aren´t relevant to understand, but is the same to say that we don´t need to translate for eg "no" because everybody understand it.
That's not the same at all. What he meant was that such things are not a reason to include a new language (in Plus!). In UK English and American English you'll find just the same differences and they are also spoken differently. But this is not a reason to split English into American English and UK English in Plus!....

PS: everything I've said here is already said and discussed in other threads... A forum search will reveal them...
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by jvlppm on 09-27-2005 at 10:54 PM

i hate that "ficheiro" and 'c' too

just cant look it

RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by xBellox on 09-28-2005 at 01:56 PM

quote:
from what I've seen by comparing the two translations (the one from Heyder and the official portuguese one), the differences _are_ very rare.

So either he did simply copy most of it, or either there is not real difference between the written langauges (note that there is a difference between a written language and a spoken language)

From my point of view, if you don´t speak portuguese, you really don´t have enough knowledge to compare just seeing how the words are writted... One character can modify the hole meaning.
But it´s ok, it´s your point of view and I respect...
Another question, if those lanaguages are soo similar (and they aren´t), why don´t use the most spoked, most used language as the primary? Don´t tell me that´s because portuguese from portugal it´s the original, unless we translate to "latin".

quote:
About dictionnaries: they aren't the holy grale! They contain many mistakes too
Once again, I agree, but indeed many words in Brazil are in English, not only in dictionnaries, I just used the eg. of dictionnaries to prove.

----

I´m really confuse now, I don´t known where to write posts :) I think this thread here is the best one. But if you known other about this specific subject and that aren´t closed, plz tell me and I´ll use it.

-------

quote:
i hate that "ficheiro" and 'c' too

just cant look it
Welcome to the team "jvlppm" (whatever it means hehehe :) )... But they don´t listen us at all... I´m starting to think that I´m wasting my time...
RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by Heyder on 09-28-2005 at 07:00 PM

quote:
quote:
Cara, eu hoje não estou muito bem humorado e dei o azar de ler as asneiras que um dos administradores deste forum escreveu pra mim no trecho que foi simplesmente MOVIDO do meu thread. Assim, minha resposta foi curta e grossa.

Sabe, eu já estou de saco cheio de alguns babacas deste forum. Vou simplesmente postar minhas traduções e pronto. No máximo, responderei aos brasileiros que postarem pra mim. Ficaria grato se você pudesse me ajudar na tarefa de tradução (pense como e sugira). Outra coisa, vou falar português apenas por aqui. Você viu o que esses bundões fizeram? Além de fechar meu thread com argumentos mentirosos, moveram-no para o lixo. Pra mim chega. Eu não tenho saco de papai noel...

:P BAIXA BRASIL !!! Messenger Plus! v3.6.144 em português do BRASIL:
Clique aqui: --->>> http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=51158

RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by CookieRevised on 09-30-2005 at 06:09 AM

quote:
Another question, if those lanaguages are soo similar (and they aren´t), why don´t use the most spoked, most used language as the primary?
It isn't only about what is spoken the most.
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by xBellox on 09-30-2005 at 01:49 PM

quote:
So, is about what?

RE: Baixa BRASIL! Messenger Plus! v3.60.144 by xBellox on 09-30-2005 at 01:54 PM

Yeah!

Great job Heyder, let´s do an "pedaaallaaaa robinho" or "pedallaaaa babacas" on the closed minds of this forum. Let the Gonçalo with his ego, because he knowns that his translation are less popular than yours :)

Keep with the good job!

---------------

É isso ai Heyder deixa esses bbabbacas pra lá... Eles têm uma mente muiito pequena. Parabens pelo excelente trabalho! Nem conferi ainda, mas tenho certeza de que a legenda está ótima :)

RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by Leif on 09-30-2005 at 10:48 PM

Jeeeeeeeeeeeez!

RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by CookieRevised on 10-01-2005 at 12:01 AM

quote:
quote:
So, is about what?
about everything what has been said in those many number of threads I listed in that other post in that other thread...
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by VuDu on 10-08-2005 at 11:51 AM

In my p.o.v. the Brazilian Portuguese might be considered as an "evolution" of the difference between the English used in the United States vs United Kingdom.
Besides the different accent (much like the spoken American English it to British), they got rid of the "c" and "p" in words where they were typed but not spelled, introduced many half Portuguese-half English words and have many more slang words that became official and some more minor differences. For example we use "ficheiro" a direct translation from "File" but they use "Arquivo" that is a direct translation of "Archive". That's pretty much it, most of the differences come from similar words that are no longer used fluently there.

I'm from Portugal and therefor am in a better position to talk about the differences. Since most of the Brazilians see us Portugal as a 3rd world country and don't care much about our culture. Here we have a lot of Brazilian shows on TV (like soap operas) and on Cable we have some Brazilian channels too.
So the culture flow is much bigger from there to here.
I'd like to read some comments about this from some Brazilians too. ;)

Many, many, many other programs have only Brazilian translations, and probably because of the "flow" that I referred before, the Portuguese users got used to that more easily.
But in this case the Portuguese translation came before the Brazilian one. It's not that they can't understand it, it's just that they're not used to it. And as you can see the "arquivo" is the result of a bad translation.

Like shown in the other Thread, most of the languages' conflicts grow from the misuse of some words or expressions.
I dare you to find programs with Brazilian-only translations and point those which have forum threads of Portuguese users complaining. :P

I'm don't disagree with a Brazilian translation. If someone shows a great work, why not using it? 8-|

RE: Baixa BRASIL! Messenger Plus! v3.61.145-B by paperless on 10-10-2005 at 11:14 PM

Thats very good i really support the idea and i strongly disagree with Gonçalo and the other guy which even told me to shut up in a pm..stupid guy..
I hope you people dont think all portuguese people are the same.

Patchou explained his reasons not to include the translations of the countries who adopted a certain language as their own but i still dont think its fair.

Be happy.

RE: RE: Baixa BRASIL! Messenger Plus! v3.61.145-B by Heyder on 10-11-2005 at 01:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by paperless
1) Thats very good i really support the idea and i strongly disagree with Gonçalo and the other guy which even told me to shut up in a pm..stupid guy... 2) I hope you people dont think all portuguese people are the same. 3) Patchou explained his reasons not to include the translations of the countries who adopted a certain language as their own but i still dont think its fair.
Thank´s Paperless for your reply.
1) In spite of everything, I don't have rage of Mr. Gonçalo or Mr. Edu115.
2) You can be sure that I don't judge anybody for other. I already said other times, I have great friends in Portugal and I like Portuguese people!
3) Thank´s. If one day he to understand different... I will always be willing to collaborate...
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Obrigado, Paperless por sua resposta.
1) Apesar de tudo, eu não tenho raiva do Sr. Gonçalo ou do Sr. Edu115.
2) Você pode ter certeza que eu não costumo julgar alguém por outros. Como eu já lhe disse antes, tenho grandes amigos em Portugal e gosto dos portuguêses!
3) Obrigado. Se um dia ele entender diferente... Eu estarei sempre disposto a colaborar...

Dr. Heyder (H)

RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by m@c@ub@ on 10-29-2005 at 02:46 AM

Hi Heyder,

I'd like to congratulate you for your great work. Your individual initiative and effort deserves a loud clap from all of us Messenger Plus Brazilian users.

Since I've read the discussion over pt x pt-BR, I'd like to leave my two cents:

Although Brazilian Portuguese was born from "European" Portuguese, they can not be considered as being the same language. Distant grown brothers, if we consider the written Portuguese, and really distant cousins if we consider the talked Portuguese . Languages are live things, that evolve and transform, adapting itself to the cultural and economic context. And Brazilian Portuguese grew apart from its distant brother, receiving influences from native people ("indios") and immigratory waves (japaneses, italians, germans, lebaneses etc). It's why it's called "Brazilian Portuguese", and not only "Portuguese";

Due this characteristic the "Brazilian Portuguese" is much more flexible and prone to accept neologism and foreignism. We do not bother in keep the word "mouse" to designate the input device, because the device does not resemble a "rato" for us. We use "monitor" (a short for "monitor de video") instead of "écran" (nobody knows the word "écran" in Brazil) because we already had this word from TV (sometimes we use "tela" to designate the specific area of the "monitor" where the images are displayed). We use "arquivo" for "file", and it is OK for us, because a "file" can contain a lot of "documents" - the same way a real "arquivo" does. And if somebody insists in the word "ficheiro" as a more specific translation for "file", even so it wouldn't be the correct word for us, because we use "fichário" instead of "ficheiro";

As we can see the roots of our language can be the same but nowadays there are some differences. And in specific areas, as computers and technology, there is *a lot* of diferences. It is so clear that a lot of big players in the software industry translated their softwares to Brazilian Portuguese. My Win2K is pt-BR. My Office2k too. And my CorelDraw Suite, my children's "The Sims 2", my TextPad (if somebody asks for an European company) are pt-BR. And my OpenOffice 2.0, and my Firefox too! And, mainly, my Messenger is pt-BR...

Well, what more can I say? It's really a pity that the author of the this great software don't deserves some attention to your initiative. Maybe you hadn't started it in a so organized way, as the "pt team" stated. But, wait! Was they a "managed", "organized" and "efficient" team when *they* started? I don't think so...

A final thought: don't get annoyed by some comments made by the "official portuguese team". What I could seen through these posts was not collaboration or constructive criticism. It's mainly vanity and jealousy. As our desire to use a good Brazilian localized version would be a threat for their "establishment"... I don't give a damn (sorry) to people who think like them. You shouldn't too. Keep the good work going, and if I can help you something you can count on me.

Um abraço

RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by Heyder on 10-29-2005 at 11:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by m@c@ub@

Caro m@c@ub@:
Muito obrigado por suas palavras. São por pessoas como você que me sinto impulsionado a continuar no esforço de manter esta tradução assiduamente atualizada. Concordo plenamente com você. É realmente uma pena que Patchou, que faz um software tão bonito e interessante, não se importe com os Brasileiros. Mas eu ainda tenho alguma esperança que ele mude de idéia. *-)
Mais uma vez, obrigado por sua solidariedade. Se perceber algum erro, ou tiver alguma sugestão para o texto traduzido, não hesite em me contactar. (Y) Não deixe de baixar a última atualização aqui !
Grande abraço,
Heyder. (H)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you very much for their words. Is for people like you that I am impelled to continue assiduously in the effort of maintaining this translation updated. I agree fully with you. Is really a sad that Patchou, that makes such a beautiful and interesting software, don't care with the Brazilian peoples. But I still have some hope that he change of idea. Once again, thank you for your solidarity. If you notices some mistake, or you has some suggestion for the translated text, don't hesitate in contacting me. Download the last update here !

RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by CookieRevised on 10-30-2005 at 01:20 AM

[SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC]

Discussing this issue is good. Telling your thoughts is good. Even making suggestions or build upon and giving arguments is good.

But please stop the accusing and name calling towards some people, and especially towards Patchou.

It is extremely annoying that this name calling and hidden flaming keeps going on!!! This does not make your case look good. In fact if you keep this up, more and more people will start hating you for that.

What is so hard to understand that there are rules to be followed for adding a language? This has got nothing todo with Patchou not caring or even hating Brazilian people, because he does not!.

I constantly read insuations in the posts of Brazilian people that all non-Brazilians, and especially the Portuguese, are just jealus and can't give positive or constructive critism? Sorry but you do exact the same with these constant insinuations...

If you can't understand that not adding the translation has got nothing todo with Patchou not caring or hating Brazilian people, then it is not time for the others to rethink their arguments or motives, but you...

The objectivness I try to maintain while reading these discussions as an outsider is constantly dropping and my sympathy for this case  is more and more shifting towards the Portuguese side instead of staying in the middle....

I don't think these constant insinuations towards others and especially Patchou help at all in making the brazilian translation being added... on the contrary...

------------

quote:
let´s do an "pedaaallaaaa robinho" or "pedallaaaa babacas" on the closed minds of this forum.
quote:
t's really a pity that the author of the this great software don't deserves some attention to your initiative.
quote:
What I could seen through these posts was not collaboration or constructive criticism. It's mainly vanity and jealousy. As our desire to use a good Brazilian localized version would be a threat for their "establishment"... I don't give a damn (sorry) to people who think like them.
quote:
Originally posted by Heyder
Is really a sad that Patchou don't care with the Brazilian peoples.

So after constantly reading these accusations I don't find it strange at all that other people heavly oppose the question for adding the Brazillian translation.

Is this how all Brazillians are? I hope not...

Discuss all you want, but please stick to facts and don't accuse people, nor Patchou, of being not-caring, jealus, close-minded, etc because more and more it seems that it is the opposite.

Please proof me wrong...

------------

* Note1: "you" and "your" are used as plural in this post. And this post is directed towards some (if not all) Brazilian people who have posted so far...

* Note2: I know I'm getting on very thin ice here with this post, and if I stepped on some toes of some people, then sorry for that. But this is, at the moment, how I think about this whole issue and IMHO this had to be said at this time. If I'm wrong in thinking that then by all means correct me...

[/SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC]

RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by Heyder on 10-31-2005 at 02:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
1) But please stop the accusing and name calling towards some people, and especially towards Patchou.
2) What is so hard to understand that there are rules to be followed for adding a language? This has got nothing todo with Patchou not caring or even hating Brazilian people, because he does not!.
3) I constantly read insuations in the posts of Brazilian people that all non-Brazilians, and especially the Portuguese, are just jealus and can't give positive or constructive critism? Sorry but you do exact the same with these constant insinuations...
4) If you can't understand that not adding the translation has got nothing todo with Patchou not caring or hating Brazilian people, then it is not time for the others to rethink their arguments or motives, but you...
5) The objectivness I try to maintain while reading these discussions as an outsider is constantly dropping and my sympathy for this case  is more and more shifting towards the Portuguese side instead of staying in the middle....
6) So after constantly reading these accusations I don't find it strange at all that other people heavly oppose the question for adding the Brazillian translation.
7) Is this how all Brazillians are? I hope not...

1) Nobody is accusing nobody. Nobody is accusing Patchou. Of course, if Patchou is the creator of the software, is natural that the complaints are towards to him. I think that HE would owe, at least, to give a clear idea on his reason if to oppose to include the Portuguese from Brazil as official translation.
2) Rules? Which rules? Sorry, but I think that, this decision doesn't depend on rules. The creator of the program decides or no if a translation owes or not to do part of the program. Therefore, this has ALL todo with Patchou. I don't really understand because NOT. If more languages are available for a software, better for use it, more people will use it.
3/4) The Brazilian people are indignant with that attitude because they don't understand the reason of the NO, and because the creator of the program doesn't say anything.
5) Sympathy or not for this case... If you think so...  I think that it would be better if the creator of the program spoked and it convinced the Brazilians of the because he doesn't incorporate the Brazilian translation in his software.
6) People that only think, don't make anything...
7) A thing is right: ALL the Brazilian peoples would like to have a official translation for the Portuguese from Brazil. I think that discussion won't finish while Patchou doesn't say their reasons clearly for not including the translation in Messenger Plus!
RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by CookieRevised on 10-31-2005 at 02:45 AM

Read the quotes in my previous post... those quotes are made by you and others. And those quotes are CLEARLY name calling and uncalled-for accusations which has got NOTHING to do with why BR is not added...

And the reasons why BR is not added as of yet, have been CLEARLY stated over and over again. But if you (plural) fail to read and understand them that's not our fault and not Patchou's fault... and is BY NO MEANS a freeguide to start accusing Patchou from things which have got absolutely nothing todo with this.

RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by Heyder on 11-01-2005 at 12:03 AM

I just answer for me, not for others.
I insist: Patchou makes a great work and Messenger Plus! it is an excellent software. However, his support to the Brazilian language is almost anything.
Please, CookieRevised, could you mention (to enumerate) the "rules" that justify NOT adding the translation BR? I think that so, all the Brazilians will CLEARLY be able to analyze the reasons.

Thank´s,
Dr. Heyder (H)
BRasil

RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by m@c@ub@ on 11-01-2005 at 11:07 AM

What, Mr.CookieRevised??? Did I accuse Patchou something? Did I say he hates Brazilian People???? Did I say that "non-Brazilians and especially Portuguese are jealous etc."? Sorry Mr., or you are going insane, or is trying to start a fight using a coward's strategy: gossip!!

If you read carefully what I wrote in my previous post you'll notice that: 1st) I thanked Mr. Heyder; 2nd) I said why I think the pt-BR should coexists with the pt version; 3rd) I regretted that Mr.Patchou hadn't payed attention to Mr.Heyder efforts (did he return his e-mail? did he even say a simple "no tanks"?); 4th) I said: "Maybe the way Heyder had started his volunteer work was not so good. But did he found a receptive community that, with it's experience and will, helped him to find the right way?" Well, some tried, but it was eclipsed by the behavior of some people that lead me to my final comment:

"don't get annoyed by some comments made by the official portuguese team"

And this "some comments" is related mainly to Mr.Gonçalo F. and his totally unproductive post, that instead of try to elucidate and help tried to put Heyder down with obnoxious nonsense comments. Not only he said nonsense, but certainly he was the worse one. Maybe in my anger to support Mr.Heyder initiative I made a mistake of generalize saying "the official Portuguese team", and I apologize myself for those who don't think and act like Mr Gonçalo. And this is MY opinion Mr Gonçalo. You don't need to loose your time answering me, because I won't loose mine replying you.

And that is, Mr.CookieRevisited. I didn't want to cite names because I didn't want to start that argument again, but you forced me to do it, since you tried to put lies in my mouth. And what for? I really don't know.

Olá Heyder,

Estava aqui redigindo a resposta ao amigo biscoito e estava prestes a entrar no mérito do porquê do outro distinto ter falado um monte de besteiras, quando me dei conta: "Peraí? Por que estou perdendo meu tempo nessa briga besta? Se o próprio dono do programa não está nem aí para o problema, se eu não vou ganhar nada com isso, se o programa, apesar de bom e divertido, não é essencial para o meu estudo e trabalho, por que vou ficar esquentando a cabeça com isso?"

Desculpe se te criei algum problema na tentativa de defendê-lo. Não era minha intenção. Infelizmente vou ter que deixar um mínimo de resposta ao amigo biscoito porque ele está fazendo um joguinho sujo que generaliza uma posição ruim para os Brasileiros. Mas não vou me estender além disso, porque não vale a pena.

Deixo um abraço para você, e reitero a minha oferta inicial de ajudá-lo enviando qualquer problema que eu descobrir, ou, caso você queira a minha opinião sobre alguma coisa é só me chamar.

M@c@úb@

p.s.: desculpe, mas não consigo deixar passar: vá até o www.guiadeportugal.pt, informe "casa de pasto" na busca por restaurantes e veja o resultado. Pode ser até que o termo esteja caindo em desuso, ou designe mais um boteco do que um restaurante. Mas daí para dar uma de "indignado", somente para criar celeuma e tirar o foco da discussão, foi realmente uma estratégia baixa. E é exatamente o mesmo que o amigo biscoito está tentando fazendo agora... Bom, chega desse assunto improdutivo! Um abraço novamente, Heyder.

RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by CookieRevised on 11-01-2005 at 04:18 PM

quote:
What, Mr.CookieRevised??? Did I accuse Patchou something? Did I say he hates Brazilian People???? Did I say that "non-Brazilians and especially Portuguese are jealous etc."? Sorry Mr., or you are going insane, or is trying to start a fight using a coward's strategy: gossip!!
1) I've quoted litterally what you and others have said... reread those quotes as maybe you forgot what you've written before.
2) Again you are insinuating that I'm either go insane or either am a coward who want to start fights and that I'm a liar. This shows exactly what I meant in my previous post.
3) I clearly stated in my rant post that the "you" and "your" are plural and the whole post is to be read in general.
4) I'm the last one who would base stuff on rumours and spread lies or what not. I base my posts on facts after reading, researching and stuff and/or calculated logical analyses, as you can read from my other 7500 posts.

-----------------

EDIT:
quote:
Olá Heyder, (...)
It would be nice if you posted your comments in English instead of hiding behind the Portuguese language, especially if you are again referring to "people who oppose BR to be added" (to put it more nicely than what you call them) and use suggestive comments again.

And for your information, I do not want to generalize all the BR people on one heap, but after reading all those suggestive comments of the BR people, I seriously start to wonder....

And helping Mr Heyder in his quest to add the BR translation is very good and exactly what this thread is for. But it does not help if you call the creator of Plus! (or others) what you've suggestivly called them. Helping Mr Heyder means stating constructive arguments why BR should be added, not stating suggestive stuff about the creator as that will do exactly the opposite...

This said, I also do hope that Mr Heyder takes up on your offer into helping him making the translation more accurate.
RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by Heyder on 11-02-2005 at 05:18 PM

Grande m@c@ub@!

Antes de mais nada, mais uma vez obrigado por sua solidariedade e tentativa de ajudar no esforço de despertar algum interesse do criador deste programa nos Brasileiros. Agora, essa foi muito boa!!! Foi fantástica essa procura por "Casa de Pasto" no site www.guiadeportugal.pt, obrigado. É mesmo incrível o número de estabelecimentos "Regionais" obtidos!!! Isto é porque a palavra não existe por lá...

Meu amigo, concordo com você. Eu já tinha chegado a essa conclusão: que é perda de tempo ficar argumentando sobre o assunto de adicionar o pt-BR ao setup do Messenger. O meu problema é que, como você, não "aguento" ler certas colocações ridículas por aqui sem postar alguma coisa... mas vou tentar me controlar (risos)...

Não há de quê se desculpar, amigo! Uma "discussãozinha" destas faz a gente rir um pouco das bobagens e interpretações errôneas escritas... Você não me criou nenhum problema não! Quem cria problemas por aqui são aqueles que interpretam mal o que se escreve, os que escrevem besteira e os que, ao invés de ajudar, atrapalham.

Gostaria, sim, de contar com você e sua ajuda crítica para qualquer sugestão quanto à tradução. Noto que você redige bem, além de escrever de forma clara e simples. Isso é importante e bem vindo a uma tradução. Quem sabe na próxima versão do Messenger Plus!, se você quiser e puder dispor de tempo pra isso, a gente faz as adaptações juntos. Por enquanto, se quiser, faça uma revisão crítica da minha tradução e, de comum acordo, podemos postar uma revisão D. Fique à vontade!

Grande abraço e não suma!

Dr. Heyder (H)
BRasil
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank´s for his solidarity and attempt of helping in the wake effort some interest of the creator of this program in the translation Brazilians. It fantastic the search for "Casa de Pasto" in the site www.guiadeportugal.pt, thank you. It is really incredible the number of "Regional" establishments!!! That is because the phrase doesn't exist...

My friend, I agree with you. I already the had conclusion: is waste of time to be arguing on the subject of adding it pt-BR to the setup of Messenger. My problem is that to read certain placements for here I always posting something...

You don't need to excuse. You didn't create me any problem. Who creates problems for here, are those that interpret badly that it is written, the ones that write nonsense and the ones that, instead of helping, cause disturb.

I would like, yes, of counting with you and his critical help for any suggestion for the translation. I notice that you write well, writing in a clear and simple way. This is important and well coming to a translation. Possibly in next version of Messenger Plus!, if you want and it can disposal of time for that, we make the adaptations together. If you want, make a critical revision of my translation and, of common agreement, we can post a revision D. Thank´s!

RE: RE: Support to an Official Brazilian Translation by Heyder on 11-02-2005 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
This said, I also do hope that Mr Heyder takes up on your offer into helping him making the translation more accurate.
Do you think my translation is not accurate?
Do you know the Brazilian language so well for that?
Do you want to help? Enumerate, clearly, all the rules that impede the addition of my translation in Messenger Plus! installation.