Shoutbox

Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] (/showthread.php?tid=50967)

Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by Phoen!X on 09-26-2005 at 10:18 PM

hmm, well i've downloaded the Mess.be Edition of MsgPlus, and its working great apart from the tabbed convo's.

When switching between conversations via the 'Tabbed Convo's' it makes the conversation window gradually smaller, getting smaller and smaller each time i switch between tabs. It starts by making the height of the window smaller, until both mine and my contacts display pictures are squashed together (obscuring the 'View contacts webcam' button on their display pic area) and once its as small as it can go in height, it starts to make the width of the window bigger, spreading towards the right...

Any ideas?

--

RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by Sunshine on 09-26-2005 at 10:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Phoen!X
hmm, well i've downloaded the Mess.be Edition of MsgPlus, and its working great apart from the tabbed convo's.

When switching between conversations via the 'Tabbed Convo's' it makes the conversation window gradually smaller, getting smaller and smaller each time i switch between tabs. It starts by making the height of the window smaller, until both mine and my contacts display pictures are squashed together (obscuring the 'View contacts webcam' button on their display pic area) and once its as small as it can go in height, it starts to make the width of the window bigger, spreading towards the right...

Any ideas?

--
This is most likely caused by Windowblinds, are you using that? If so uninstall that and the problem will be gone ;)
RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by Phoen!X on 09-26-2005 at 10:37 PM

Ooh, i see, yes i am using it :( but it makes XP all nice and shiny, i suppose i need to make sacrifices... unless theres a fix ;)

RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by Sunshine on 09-26-2005 at 10:44 PM

Nope, no fix asfar as i know.

I think you are better off without Windowblinds anyways, it can seriously mess up the OS (this goes for almost all, if not every tweaking program btw). You can go a long way by using the build in Windows themes and setting a background/wallpaper ;)

Edit: you're welcome :D

RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by Phoen!X on 09-26-2005 at 10:48 PM

If i remove the window frame, using the the little button in the top left, it works, so i can just use it that way :D

Thanks for the help :)

RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by Patchou on 09-26-2005 at 11:03 PM

I knew about Windows Blind but I didn't know about htis workaround, thank you for sharing it :). I'm sorry about the WinBlind issue but that's something they have to fix, not me.

RE: RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by Phoen!X on 09-26-2005 at 11:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
I knew about Windows Blind but I didn't know about htis workaround, thank you for sharing it :). I'm sorry about the WinBlind issue but that's something they have to fix, not me.

NP :D Glad to be of a service
RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by MiamiGuy on 09-27-2005 at 01:29 PM

I was trying to figure out why it kept doing that. I too have Windowblinds. I'll just hit the lil arrow to hide the frame around the window. :)

RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by audaz on 09-27-2005 at 01:42 PM

hi! im new here.
the program Windowblind has an option tha can exclude a program, like MSN. you just have to select the .exe ( of MSN messenger) and ignore it. like this:
opne the windowblinds, go to settings, per application, add per application setting, select the msnmsgr.exe ( executable of  MSN in MSN messenger folder) and then, select "total exclusion", ignore this applicatio and dont skin it.
so, only this program will be excluded.

sorry by the poor english, im Brazilian!
bye!

RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by pgoodhall on 09-27-2005 at 01:46 PM

hmm im using windows blinds. thanks that window frame option works. Is it likely tho that an update will be made for windows blinds users. Its just im lazy and am not one  to keep cliking that window frame everytime i need to use the toolbar at the top :S  and sorry i tried using the user over ride option but that didnt work for some reason.

RE: RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by audaz on 09-27-2005 at 01:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by pgoodhall
hmm im using windows blinds. thanks that window frame option works. Is it likely tho that an update will be made for windows blinds users. Its just im lazy and am not one  to keep cliking that window frame everytime i need to use the toolbar at the top :S  and sorry i tried using the user over ride option but that didnt work for some reason.

after the solution of exclude the program,dont forget to aplly the new settings in the windowblinds. you unload completely the MSN messenger? . you have to do it. then, open the MSN and the tabs will work.
try again.
RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by Doorknob on 10-02-2005 at 07:30 AM

or you can just maximise ur conversation and it wont shrink...ctrl tab shrinks the window after every rotation not every tab which happens when clicking...

RE: RE: Tabbed Convo Bug [7.5 + Plus! (Mess.be Edition)] by Phoen!X on 10-02-2005 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Doorknob
or you can just maximise ur conversation and it wont shrink...ctrl tab shrinks the window after every rotation not every tab which happens when clicking...

My resolution is 1280 x 1024, maximising the convo makes it too big :) i'll need to turn my head 90 degrees just to look at their display pic then back to the convo :P

I've got it working with the unload windowsblinds on msnmsgr.exe now anyway, so it's running ok :)