Shoutbox

OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: (/showthread.php?tid=50977)

OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by prashker on 09-27-2005 at 04:22 AM

:drool:

holy crap www.doommovie.com
The Rock is main guy but the move IS FIRST PERSON. I MEAN FIRST PERSON GAME LIKE MOVIE OWNAGE.

Geez
i didnt know about this until i saw the trailer on tv.

Wohaaaa October 21 :D :D :D

:DP :DD:D:D:D:D:D:D:D OWDIZZLED

PS: I know im a big fan of doom :D

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by Purity on 09-27-2005 at 04:28 AM

Lol, ya I know that's kewl, my friend told me abotu it last week. :)   I wanna see it.

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by Lieter on 09-27-2005 at 08:07 AM

I'm downloading the high definition trailer.. 106 MB zipped :O

edit:

OMFG that movie rulz :D... (and that high def is 8 Mbit/sec so a really good quality :D)

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by -dt- on 09-27-2005 at 10:30 AM

lol , you only just found out? Ive been waiting for this movie for aggggggggggesssssssssss
:-/ the rock being sarge might be good hopefully

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by user27089 on 09-27-2005 at 10:37 AM

Personally, and I think Negro Joe will agree with me here, I think that this movie will be a load of balls. It doesn't even follow the storyline of the latest game, and that is what it is based on. The movie is going to be more like the Resident Evil storyline, they don't open the gates to hell, it's a virus, and the people who are evil in it are Zombies...

They should never change the storyline if they move a game to a movie, it just makes it lame...

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by prashker on 09-27-2005 at 11:31 AM

but :drool: first person :P

One of the fre reasons I want to see the movie is because of that.
I hope it wil be really cool. And if this is a movie being a game....

* prashker thinks about Halo :drool:

RE: RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by linx05 on 09-27-2005 at 03:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
It doesn't even follow the storyline of the latest game, and that is what it is based on.
I've read it is based on all 3 games. Although it says different on the website.

quote:
The movie is going to be more like the Resident Evil storyline, they don't open the gates to hell, it's a virus, and the people who are evil in it are Zombies...
quote:
"the movie provides a wormhole. And hellspawn. But according to the films continuity (based loosely on all three games), a gene exists that indicates a persons predisposition toward good or evil. Once infected by whatever is on the other side of that wormhole, humans mutate into demonic representations of the darkness in their souls. Contrived? Sure - but it beats the hell out of a demonic invasion force that hides in closets."

quote:
They should never change the storyline if they move a game to a movie, it just makes it lame...
I know. But some many movies do it now days. They think they can make it better with their little (sometimes big) changes. It's so annoying! Leave it the way it was first made. That is why the fans love it!

Though I can't wait to see what the movie looks like with the 1st person POV. Would love to see how much of a different it creates to the scenes.
RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by user27089 on 09-27-2005 at 03:08 PM

I know what you mean, having it first person is going to be amazing, it has never really been done before, it will be interesting to see how they do it all, and fit it in well with a movie :).

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by _Humphreys on 09-27-2005 at 03:47 PM

The Rock sold out... I suppose the movie i'll be cool.

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by evil_panda on 09-27-2005 at 03:50 PM

Ohhhhhh...i never liked doom the game i always found it scary and dark to play on my own :( but now theres a movie comeing out i can watch it with a freind lol

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by Negro_Joe on 09-27-2005 at 03:51 PM

quote:
Personally, and I think Negro Joe will agree with me here, I think that this movie will be a load of balls. It doesn't even follow the storyline of the latest game, and that is what it is based on. The movie is going to be more like the Resident Evil storyline, they don't open the gates to hell, it's a virus, and the people who are evil in it are Zombies...

hmm i agree. i think they should have kept the storyline of the game but expanded on the characers because they werent developed well, and is the film being shot in first person wont this make the film abit too chaotic the trailers iv seen arent in FP....

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by user27089 on 09-27-2005 at 03:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Carltos Cool
The Rock sold out... I suppose the movie i'll be cool.

How did the rock sell out, he's always been in the acting career :refuck:.
RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by Negro_Joe on 09-27-2005 at 04:09 PM

The whole FPS idea looks really bad... its just gonna be confusing and repetitive....:S

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by -DiStUrBeDzOmBiE- on 09-27-2005 at 08:10 PM

:drool: I nooo... I cant wait for it to come out =) it looks awesome !

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by Chop on 09-27-2005 at 08:20 PM

Specting this from long before, and when i saw the trailer, i was fascinated :P

The story is basically the doom 3 history

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by user27089 on 03-01-2006 at 07:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Negro_Joe
The whole FPS idea looks really bad... its just gonna be confusing and repetitive....:S

Downloaded the movie today... I tell you what, it's bollocks, the lot of it.

The first person thing is so crappy and cheesy, it's just like the game, the acting is attrocious! When the monsters swing for the people to get them, I swear it's in slow motion or something...

I'll rip some video clips from it and upload it somewhere for you to see it :lol:.
RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by M73A on 03-01-2006 at 08:36 PM

download it before christmas.... i shouldnt have bothered!!!

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by user27089 on 03-01-2006 at 08:44 PM

I think the most exciting part in the whole film is the credits :p.

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by Reaper on 03-01-2006 at 08:47 PM

i didnt think it was THAT bad. but of course a lot of improvments could of been made
i perosnally liked the FPS bit. :P

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by Voldemort on 03-01-2006 at 08:58 PM

:lol:
pretty cool..
but ill wait for halo's movie.

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by prashker on 03-01-2006 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
but ill wait for halo's movie.

halo > *

personally the movie sucked....excludin the First Person part (which was like 5 minutes :P)
RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by Voldemort on 03-01-2006 at 09:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
personally the movie sucked....excludin the First Person part (which was like 5 minutes (Smilie)

what are u talking about?
halo?
doom?
RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by prashker on 03-01-2006 at 09:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by damm-o
doom?

No I am talking about Halo : The Not Even Made Movie

of course I am talking about doom :P
RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by guanako on 03-02-2006 at 05:15 PM

and on the doom movie is not the Rock who does the 1st PS part. :P its some other guy. but the movie was pretty cool i liked it.

RE: OMG DOOM MOVIE :drool: by user27089 on 03-14-2006 at 12:44 PM

Yeah, The Rock is an asshole in the movie. He plays Sarge out of the game.