Shoutbox

new block checker.... put it to the test - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: new block checker.... put it to the test (/showthread.php?tid=51036)

new block checker.... put it to the test by jordanspringer on 09-28-2005 at 12:12 AM

i know, and have been told time and time again that block checkers NO LONGER work, but there is this new one going around, check this out... i'm not sure whether to trust it or not...

*link removed*

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by Lou on 09-28-2005 at 12:14 AM

its a delete checker..not a block checker and I wouldnt trust it:P

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by MeEtc on 09-28-2005 at 12:18 AM

dodgy pwd box...
nope, i'm not gonna use it...

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by mwe99 on 09-28-2005 at 12:22 AM

theres been 2 threads to my knowledge about it, it doesnt work,

it changes your display name to something like BLOCKCHECKER with a site link

i tried on my old accounts.... the "delete checker" just came up as page cannot be displayed

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by dylan! on 09-28-2005 at 12:41 AM

i tried it with one of my old accounts that i havent been on in ages and it signed me in with my name changed to advertise their site^o) not surprised tho:P

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by RebelSean on 09-28-2005 at 12:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by dylan!
i tried it with one of my old accounts that i havent been on in ages and it signed me in with my name changed to advertise their site^o) not surprised tho:P

If thats the case, then I think the link should be removed to prevent others from trying this and happening to them.

*reported*
RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by mwe99 on 09-28-2005 at 12:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by XxRebelSeanxX
should be removed to prevent

Yeah ill get the screenshot hang on :)

It changes your name to:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=542126]
RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by Purity on 09-28-2005 at 04:14 AM

If anything, use msngeeks version.

Awsome delete checker.

www.msngeeks.com

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by zach on 09-28-2005 at 10:32 AM

"block checkers NO LONGER work" ...I was just quoting him

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by Lou on 09-28-2005 at 10:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by zach
block checkers
quote:
Originally posted by jordanspringer
block checkers
quote:
Originally posted by Purity
delete checker
:dodgy:

edit: its not a block checker, its a delete checker
RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by -rafy- on 09-28-2005 at 02:29 PM

Well it actually claims to do both. (Both block and delete)

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by Purity on 09-28-2005 at 10:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by lou_habs
quote:
Originally posted by zach
block checkers

quote:
block checkers

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
delete checker

:dodgy:

edit: its not a block checker, its a delete checker

I never said it was a block checker, but they slowly moved onto the
delete checker subject so I thought I'd post what I recommend as a
delete checker.

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by ~INVASION~ on 09-28-2005 at 10:23 PM

i dont know why people keep trying to make block checkers, if they knew anything, theyd know it doesnt work :dodgy:

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by guanako on 11-02-2005 at 06:07 AM

wats the point to it anyway...if u get blocked or deleted there must be a reason, is not like u get blocked/deleted by mistake. i block people sometimes but i have a reason either deserves it or im too busy doing something else.

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by jordanspringer on 11-02-2005 at 06:25 AM

everyone likes to rant around about how "block checkers do not work" well this is what they truely mean by that, what microsoft has done to disable block checkers from working.  they created a check box in the options. This can be found Tools>Options>Privacy. Its labled "Only people on my allow list can see my status and send me messages". This box is not checked by default. So if the person does NOT check this box then some block checkers can actually find out thier status and current name. A lot of users tend to forget to do this. So this basically states that a block checker can do its best to provide an answer, but however may prove to be inaccurate if that user checks that box. To tell ya the truth, and its pretty bad, not too many people out side of these fourms and other tech fourms realize this.

So that is the guarentee they assure. Theres is other programs out there called delete checker, which informs you of all the contacts which have deleted you of their msn accounts. I have had success with the accuracy of this program, and even tested it out with my friend while he was online.

And I have found an accurate block, and delete checker on the web. And for the accuracy to checking blocked contacts, they explain that in full detail. This site actually does not mess with your nickname or use your password in any wrong way. I am not sure if I would be allowed to post it because they really dont enjoy much talk about block checkers on these fourms:S:^)

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by qgroessl on 11-02-2005 at 01:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by guanako
wats the point to it anyway...if u get blocked or deleted there must be a reason, is not like u get blocked/deleted by mistake. i block people sometimes but i have a reason either deserves it or im too busy doing something else.

Guanako reviving old threads :refuck:

quote:
And I have found an accurate block, and delete checker on the web. And for the accuracy to checking blocked contacts, they explain that in full detail. This site actually does not mess with your nickname or use your password in any wrong way. I am not sure if I would be allowed to post it because they really dont enjoy much talk about block checkers on these fourms

And for some reason I highly doubt this is true... If there was a 100% accurate block checker out there, it would be all over I'm sure.
RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by jordanspringer on 11-02-2005 at 01:24 PM

it is accurate if that check box is not ticked in the persons user account, like i said. me and a friend even tried it out

RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by qgroessl on 11-02-2005 at 01:30 PM

quote:
it is accurate if that check box is not ticked in the persons user account, like i said. me and a friend even tried it out

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong... but I think there are quite a few known block checkers that are accurate... if the box isn't ticked... We already knew that... Triople as an example.

And well, I'm just doing some stuff and when I typed my own email address in... My window open notifier worked like it's supposed to... gom3yr@yjy.erd has opened a conversation with me.

I'd think that that email address is a bit dodgy and figure somebody was up to something like that.

Now I ticked the box... and now my window open notifier doesn't do anything... and of course, the block checker thinks I'm offline.
RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by CookieRevised on 11-02-2005 at 02:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by qgroessl
quote:
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong... but I think there are quite a few known block checkers that are accurate... if the box isn't ticked... We already knew that... Triople as an example.
EVERY legit so called "block checker" works EXACTLY the same. There is NO method A and method B, etc... There is only 1 method.

All so called "block checkers", heck even all the "delete checkers" work EXACTLY the same!!! (that is, if they aren't a trojan, like some are)...
RE: new block checker.... put it to the test by Exca on 11-02-2005 at 03:02 PM

Block checkers are pathetic anyways, who can't keep their friends to be nice... It means you are annoying, unsocial or that you are very paranoia...