Shoutbox

Tab contact names not easily visible - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Tab contact names not easily visible (/showthread.php?tid=51041)

Tab contact names not easily visible by Kev.geno on 09-28-2005 at 02:24 AM

I dont know if it's due to the skin I'm using, but contact names in the tabs are not easily visible. Is this a bug or does this happen only to my Wave skin?
[Image: untitled22ol.jpg]

RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by dennis on 09-28-2005 at 02:56 AM

do you have any plugins and such?

RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by albert on 09-28-2005 at 02:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Kev.geno
I dont know if it's due to the skin I'm using, but contact names in the tabs are not easily visible. Is this a bug or does this happen only to my Wave skin?
[Image: untitled22ol.jpg]

I think that due to the transparency your using, and the colors of the skin, and the text of the tabs, that's why it's not showing really good, try removing the transparency for a try.
RE: RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by Kev.geno on 09-28-2005 at 03:04 AM

quote:
I think that due to the transparency your using, and the colors of the skin, and the text of the tabs, that's why it's not showing really good, try removing the transparency for a try.

Its not the transparency, its the skin I think. Has to be. But the skin is too good I cant ditch it.:P
RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by matty on 09-28-2005 at 03:04 AM

I assure you its because of the skin. Patchou should actually correct this asap. Maybe use the Inverse of the colour shown for the text OR allow a reg key to be set to change the colour.

RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by cardshark on 09-28-2005 at 04:48 AM

Go here, and download MSG Plus! Tweak. Under the "All users" setting, there is a place where you can change the side bar color. That may help in fixing this problem. You can also use that program to tweak any of the other registry settings for MSG Plus!

RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by Patchou on 09-28-2005 at 04:54 AM

There's currently no setting that allows you to change the colors used in the tabs. I'll make sure to add some in the next version.

RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by RaceProUK on 09-28-2005 at 03:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
I assure you its because of the skin.
And not just Wave11, but also Wave11 Glass.
And probably others too, but no-one's reported it yet.
quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
There's currently no setting that allows you to change the colors used in the tabs. I'll make sure to add some in the next version.
It's one of those things you think about, but then forget, because it's such a small thing. Don't you agree?
RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by Patchou on 09-30-2005 at 01:26 AM

I don't agree, the setting has already been added to the code and will be available in this weekend's refresh :)

RE: RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by Kev.geno on 09-30-2005 at 05:38 AM

quote:
I don't agree, the setting has already been added to the code and will be available in this weekend's refresh :)

Thanks for the fast work. And congrats to you that M$ are finally beginning to co-operate.:)
RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by ajay on 10-01-2005 at 01:31 AM

it is proably your skin you need a skin which a bit more transperacy or if there is a setting for transperacy turn it on high

RE: RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by rav0 on 10-03-2005 at 10:22 AM

quote:

I think that the colour should be taken from Messenger, that way it will always match the skin

[Image: attachment.php?pid=545202]

Sorry about 8 bit colour, but it the best compression I could do with Paint. Fine, have a full colour edition raceprouk
RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by RaceProUK on 10-03-2005 at 01:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Sorry about 8 bit colour, but it the best compression I could do with Paint.
You can do 32-bit PNG in Paint y'know ;)
quote:
Originally posted by ajay
it is proably your skin you need a skin which a bit more transperacy or if there is a setting for transperacy turn it on high
It's got nothing to do with transparency - it's the contrast between foreground and background.
RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by Jimcando on 10-03-2005 at 03:35 PM

You might want to remove the email address on that pic
Somebody might start spamming :P

RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by evil_panda on 10-03-2005 at 04:07 PM

I think that haveing the option of changeing the tabs would be a great idea. Next version should have it yeah?

RE: RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by rav0 on 10-03-2005 at 10:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
Sorry about 8 bit colour, but it the best compression I could do with Paint.
You can do 32-bit PNG in Paint y'know ;)
Actually, you can't. You can create 24 bit PNGs, so I've updated it with one of those since it was so very important to you :p.
RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by Kev.geno on 10-04-2005 at 03:16 AM

Its stil not fixed after the new update is it?

RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by Impheatus on 10-04-2005 at 06:02 AM

I don't know if it is fixed or not, but I'm pretty sure you can now change the color of the sidebar using MsgPlus! Tweak.

RE: Tab contact names not easily visible by RaceProUK on 10-04-2005 at 10:24 AM

quote:
Actually, you can't. You can create 24 bit PNGs, so I've updated it with one of those since it was so very important to you :p.
True: Paint doesn't do transparency.