Shoutbox

messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! (/showthread.php?tid=51046)

messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by canadianbacon11 on 09-28-2005 at 03:21 AM

Well, everything was going fine and dandy until one day, my friend says to me, "you know there's a MSN messenger 7.5?" so he just hops onto my pc and installs it, thinking he was doing me a favor.  Well, it turned out whenever Messenger Plus was running, msn would just shut down, saying it encountered a problem, and needs to shut down. and i need to send an error report, and blah blah blah...
so, killing the msgplus.exe process running in the background did cure the problem, so it's definantly something to do with plus.
Then a couple days ago I read on this forum that a new version of Plus was coming out on tuesday that fully supported MSN 7.5, so I decided to sit tight and wait it out.  however, after installing this new version, MSN does exactly the same thing and shuts down every time I try to open it.

Am I the only one who's had this problem??

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by matty on 09-28-2005 at 03:46 AM

Do you by anychance have the Pheonix 2 Plugin installed? It would cause MSN Messenger to crash with the Tabbed Chats when it tried to hook the menu? Or might you have StuffPlug NG installed? There is a bug with the Big DPs I think it is.

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by lordy on 09-28-2005 at 04:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Matty
Do you by anychance have the Pheonix 2 Plugin installed? It would cause MSN Messenger to crash with the Tabbed Chats when it tried to hook the menu? Or might you have StuffPlug NG installed? There is a bug with the Big DPs I think it is.
and the ignore feature ;)
RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by canadianbacon11 on 09-28-2005 at 06:24 AM

yeah, I have stuffplug.  Thanks for the help.  If I uninstall the plugin, then reinstall it while MSN is working with Plus, do you think it will work? or will I have to wait for an update...

EDIT:
ok, I just checked the stuffplug site and there's a beta update out for msn 7.5.  apparently he broke his wrist and can't do any coding :o .

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by lordy on 09-28-2005 at 06:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by canadianbacon11

EDIT:
ok, I just checked the stuffplug site and there's a beta update out for msn 7.5.  apparently he broke his wrist and can't do any coding :o .

lol yeh... it's been like that for a month now. :P the SP3 release has been delayed and it's also why SP isn't yet FULLY compatible with MSN 7.5, but it is 95% compatible
RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by tim0thy on 09-28-2005 at 08:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by canadianbacon11
Am I the only one who's had this problem??

nope, im havin the same prob too. can any1 help?
RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by lordy on 09-28-2005 at 08:22 AM

have u read all the other posts in this thread at all!!??

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by tim0thy on 09-28-2005 at 08:33 AM

yeah ive read all the posts in this thread and still my msn isnt workin..

i dled msn 7.5 already and it worked with msg plus 3.54.. i installed 3.60 and now it doesnt work..i dont have any plugins or anything installed except for msgplus.. my msn crashes when i try to log in 2 my acc..

any1 can help?

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by lordy on 09-28-2005 at 08:43 AM

so it's the same problem as canadianbacon11 was having??

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by tim0thy on 09-28-2005 at 08:49 AM

ok.. lemme start again..

i installed msn 7.5 a couple of weeks ago and it was workin fine with msgplus 3.54.. and then i dled msgplus 3.60 and now it doesnt work anymore.. it doesnt show any error report or anything.. it just shuts down by itself.. ive tried killing msplus 3.6 and it worked.. it also works with windows messenger.. but not msn 7.5

RE: RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by Hank on 09-28-2005 at 09:31 AM

quote:
Originally posted by tim0thy
ok.. lemme start again..

i installed msn 7.5 a couple of weeks ago and it was workin fine with msgplus 3.54.. and then i dled msgplus 3.60 and now it doesnt work anymore.. it doesnt show any error report or anything.. it just shuts down by itself.. ive tried killing msplus 3.6 and it worked.. it also works with windows messenger.. but not msn 7.5

my suggestion is to downgrade from 7.5 down to 7.0 till MSN fix's there Bugs in 7.5  an keep MsgPlus3.60 to get 7.0.0813 click on the link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?f...FF7&displaylang=en
RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by tim0thy on 09-28-2005 at 11:56 AM

I've tried installing MSN Messenger 7.0, but it still didn't work.

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by RaceProUK on 09-28-2005 at 03:23 PM

If you have Phoenix 2 installed, and you're using both the Phoenix menu and tabbed chats, please update to Phoenix 2.01 @ http://www.rpsoftware.net. The new version contains a fix to prevent this problem.

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by tim0thy on 09-29-2005 at 02:28 AM

Nope, I don't have Phoenix 2 installed. Thanks anyway for you help. :)

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by Patchou on 09-29-2005 at 06:12 AM

If you have a crashing problem and you confirm you have no other plugin installed, please email me at mplus@patchou.com and I'll work on that problem with you. Thanks.

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by Chestah on 09-29-2005 at 06:36 AM

Before signing in if you can, try going into the Plus! Preferences window --> General Options --> Miscellaneous --> Messenger Attach Method and choose "alternate mode". See if this helps

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by tim0thy on 09-29-2005 at 12:09 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
If you have a crashing problem and you confirm you have no other plugin installed, please email me at mplus@patchou.com and I'll work on that problem with you. Thanks.

Okay, I have emailed you already. Thanks for helping me out. :)

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah
Before signing in if you can, try going into the Plus! Preferences window --> General Options --> Miscellaneous --> Messenger Attach Method and choose "alternate mode". See if this helps

I've just tried that and it didn't work. Thanks anyway. :)
RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by phenix92 on 10-01-2005 at 03:46 PM

Hello

I'd like to report a similar problem with my configuration.

I installed MSN Messenger 7.5 recently, and, already figuring it would not work with the previous version of Plus, I downloaded the latest version of Messenger Plus (3.60.144 I think).

And now here's what happens.
When I start my computer, MSN tries to start. But, before I can see the main window, it shuts itself down, with no explanation.

If, when the computer starts, I quickly kill the MessengerPlus process before MSN starts (handy stuff here lol), MSN starts with no problem.
Then if I restart MessengerPlus, after a while, I get the repair window, and if I use the recommended option, MSN closes, and ... never starts again ! :(

So the problem definitely comes from Plus !

But I have absolutely no idea how to solve it.

Any idea ?

PS : I forgot to mention I tried also even with no plugins installed, just in case. Same problem.

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by Sunshine on 10-01-2005 at 04:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Animal
my suggestion is to downgrade from 7.5 down to 7.0 till MSN fix's there Bugs in 7.5  an keep MsgPlus3.60 to get 7.0.0813 click on the link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?f...FF7&displaylang=en
Why 7.0.0813? You will need to upgrade to 7.0.0816 again.
You can get 7.0.0816 from messenger website, just change OS at the bottom after you click download. Choose Win2000 for version compatible with WinXP, you will then get latest 7.0 version as 7.5 is for XP only. ;)

(alternately i have the english MSNM 7.0.0816 on my website for download)

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by ogredani on 10-02-2005 at 10:36 AM

I've also encountered these problems.

When is Messenger Plus for 7.5 to be released? Or is 3.60 supposed to work with 7.5?

RE: messenger 7.5 crashing with Plus! by Tochjo on 10-02-2005 at 11:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ogredani
Or is 3.60 supposed to work with 7.5?
Yes, Messenger Plus! 3.60 should be fully compatible with MSN Messenger 7.5.