Shoutbox

Cafe Press help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Cafe Press help (/showthread.php?tid=51127)

Cafe Press help by Discrate on 09-29-2005 at 12:43 PM

I need some help with cafe press.  you know how u can put wrighting on your t-shirts and i read the maunal thing and it said u have to save you wrighting as png and the Dpi must be 300 how do i change the dpi of the wrighting?

RE: Cafe Press help by evil_panda on 09-29-2005 at 02:03 PM

Ummm...i suggest you PM traxor he has used cafe press before for skarz t-shirts etc...and i think he would be of much help to you :)

RE: Cafe Press help by Discrate on 09-29-2005 at 02:12 PM

i would like help right now lol but thansk anyway any one else help?

RE: Cafe Press help by evil_panda on 09-29-2005 at 02:27 PM

sorry i cudnt be mutch help lol :)but maby someone else can help you:)

RE: Cafe Press help by rav0 on 09-30-2005 at 12:12 AM

The DPI is just a number stored in the file, it doesn't actually change the image.

You could even make a suitable image with Paint. If, for example, the image should be 10"x10", you make the image file 30 000 pixels by 30 000 pixels

code:
real length in inches * DPI = length in pixels

10 * 300 = 30 000 pixels

RE: Cafe Press help by Discrate on 09-30-2005 at 05:05 AM

how do i change the DPI in paint?

and how can i make my wrighting bigger then 72 becuase i need the wrighting really really big
RE: Cafe Press help by ddunk on 09-30-2005 at 05:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by joelm
and how can i make my wrighting bigger then 72 becuase i need the wrighting really really big

You type a number into size select box..
RE: Cafe Press help by Discrate on 09-30-2005 at 06:48 AM

ok and also on cafepress how do i change the price of the stuff im selling?

RE: Cafe Press help by CookieRevised on 09-30-2005 at 08:13 AM

quote:
I need some help with cafe press.  you know how u can put wrighting on your t-shirts and i read the maunal thing and it said u have to save you wrighting as png and the Dpi must be 300 how do i change the dpi of the wrighting?
quote:
how do i change the DPI in paint?
quote:
I suggest you first learn how to use a graphics program (like PaintShopPro, PhotoShop, etc), or that you let someone who knows how to create such stuff do it for you.

-----------

quote:
i would like help right now lol but thansk anyway any one else help?
If you are not willing to learn step-by-step, nobody can help you. Nothing comes to you with the snap of a finger, you need to either learn it yourself or either let someone else do it for you.

;)

-----------

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
The DPI is just a number stored in the file, it doesn't actually change the image.
It changes the image very much!
The reason you say this is because we all are used to see images on the screen (which are all almost always 72 DPI) and many (if not all) programs which show images don't care about the saved DPI. As soon as you print or view the images on something else then a computer monitor the image schanges drastically if you didn't made it in the correct DPI!

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
You could even make a suitable image with Paint. If, for example, the image should be 10"x10", you make the image file 30 000 pixels by 30 000 pixels
code:
real length in inches * DPI = length in pixels
                   10 * 300 = 30 000 pixels

You prooved your own statement wrong (the first one) in saying this. As you show here, DPI does matter significantly when creating images for other media.

PS: To make things more complicated, DPI is not "Pixels Per Inch", but "Dots Per Inch". A pixel isn't (nessecairly) a dot, but is often used that way though.

:p