Shoutbox

Is this normal for WMP? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Is this normal for WMP? (/showthread.php?tid=51139)

Is this normal for WMP? by _Humphreys on 09-29-2005 at 04:24 PM

When I close down Windows Media Player 10 it frequently still plays w/e it was playing. So I have to end the process using Task Manager. Hence when I come back to it all of my plug-ins for it have been disabled...this is really annoying.

I am persuming this is normal for WMP or is it just the MSN Music Plug-in or other plug-ins?

RE: Is this normal for WMP? by Sunshine on 09-29-2005 at 04:29 PM

I noticed this too, you have to stop what's playing (esp. streams) before closing WMP. I doubt this has anything to do with plugins.

Edit: you're welcome :D

RE: Is this normal for WMP? by _Humphreys on 09-29-2005 at 04:42 PM

Thanks a lot for clearing this up Sunshine, I shall stop my files before I close WMP next time. ¬_¬

RE: Is this normal for WMP? by M73A on 09-29-2005 at 04:47 PM

mine does this... kinda.... it only plays for like 5+ seconds after closing though so its not that big a problem...

RE: Is this normal for WMP? by TylerG on 09-29-2005 at 08:41 PM

I have a problem almost the same.  Whenever I close iTunes it opens itself back up like 5 seconds later, so everytime I want it to stop, i have to end the process.  Does anyone else have this problem?

RE: Is this normal for WMP? by Supersonicdarky on 09-29-2005 at 09:02 PM

same problem with wmp, lucky for me i use winamp :D

RE: Is this normal for WMP? by Ezra on 09-29-2005 at 09:05 PM

Yeah, same problem with iTunes, however, hasn't happened to me since v5

RE: Is this normal for WMP? by prashker on 09-29-2005 at 11:42 PM

sometimes its with ram. When i had 64mb :dodgy: it would play for like ever until i ended the task. So check your ram :) or just stop it like the others said

RE: Is this normal for WMP? by rav0 on 09-29-2005 at 11:54 PM

I've had this problem sometimes, mainly with audio CDs, but not recently.

All your plugins are disabled as a rescue feature. When WMP crashes (or you kill the process), the plugins aren't loaded next time. You can just reenable them from Menu > Tools > Plugins > tick your plugins. They will stay enabled until WMP crashes or is killed again.

RE: Is this normal for WMP? by Anubis on 09-30-2005 at 05:43 PM

This problem only seems to happen to me after explorer and its process crash or end.

RE: Is this normal for WMP? by rav0 on 10-02-2005 at 05:58 AM

Media players are among the more complex of applications, and often use external helpers to play something, but you won't see the behind the scenes work, and it appears playing as normal.

Explorer dying might seperate the player and the helper, so even though you've closed the player, the helper doesn't know, and keeps playing it.

Why have you got explorer crashing anyway ^o)?

RE: Is this normal for WMP? by ~INVASION~ on 10-02-2005 at 06:05 AM

my explorer crashes sometimes, mainly because i think i run too many things and my comp cant keep up with its tiny amount of memory :dodgy:
or i use objectdock, my computer hates object dock for some reason :(