Shoutbox

I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) (/showthread.php?tid=51142)

I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) by _Humphreys on 09-29-2005 at 05:53 PM

If I try to play any new gen games on my pc within a matter of 2 mins of play the game crashes. I have a SiS 64 MB gfx card and a recently added 512 stick of RAM. The PC is 2.6 GHZ and it is a Intel Celeron.

Anubis told me that if I changed my RAM it would be fine both him and I though there was SDRam and DDRam conflicting in my pc. I then learned out that I only had a 256 MB DDRam so I replaced it anyways with the 512 stick.

Now me and Anubis think it's my gfx card which is aprantly internal...he (Anubis) said I should get an external gfx card and everything will be fine. Can anyone confirm this before I do buy a new gfx card?

RE: I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) by Nathan on 09-29-2005 at 05:58 PM

All I know is i have had the same prob. i updated the graphics card drivers and it worked try that :)

RE: I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) by _Humphreys on 09-29-2005 at 06:01 PM

I have tried updating the drivers msg_plus_freak but it didn't work.

RE: I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) by Nathan on 09-29-2005 at 06:04 PM

Ok, When you mean internal do you mean on the motherboard?

RE: I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) by _Humphreys on 09-29-2005 at 06:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
Ok, When you mean internal do you mean on the motherboard?

Yes, I believe it is on the motherboard (internal).
RE: I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) by Nathan on 09-29-2005 at 06:13 PM

No offence but they are crap, You'd be 10x better getting an "external" one. I'f i was you i wouldn't pay less than £80 for a decent one that'd last you. MY saying is buy cheap by twice :P . Anyhow Nvidia are the best and i'd get min 128mb on the graphics card.
www.aria.co.uk

RE: I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) by Reaper on 09-29-2005 at 06:15 PM

or like me, if u want to play your games and are not too bothered about the quality (but its still farily decent) you can buy a an ATi Radeon 9200. they are about £30 so you get your moneys, if not better!
try these sites:
www.dabs.co.uk
www.planetmicro.co.uk
www.ebuyer.co.uk

RE: I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) by _Humphreys on 09-29-2005 at 06:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by msg_plus_freak
No offence but they are crap, You'd be 10x better getting an "external" one. I'f i was you i wouldn't pay less than £80 for a decent one that'd last you. MY saying is buy cheap by twice  . Anyhow Nvidia are the best and i'd get min 128mb on the graphics card.
www.aria.co.uk

Before spending money on a gfx card I want to see if I can get this one working first...thanks all the same.
RE: I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) by Reaper on 09-29-2005 at 06:18 PM

well, most games require 128Mb min memory on a gfx card. so yeh you should get an external if you want a chance to play your games.
i highly doubt you will get your current gfx card to work, but heh worth the try :P

RE: I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) by user27089 on 09-29-2005 at 06:21 PM

Carltos, my friend is selling a 256Mb nVidia FX graphics card if you want me to contact him, he will mail it to you etc. for £35.

RE: I'm getting sick of this... (Game Playing Troubles) by _Humphreys on 09-29-2005 at 06:29 PM

Traxor unfortunatley I have no way of payment to you/your friend my the ccard I was using expired and I want the gfx card rather soon...